New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but Dio is known for his great voice. Ozzy is certainly not. Rarely outside Ozzy/Sab fansites does one EVER find Ozzy praised for his vocals. He's never been an exceptional singer but he has a mischievous tone and unique phrasing style that is very appealing. He's kinda the Bob Dylan of metal vocally. Not a great voice but he uses it brilliantly. I like it but just accept it Ozzy-philes: Dio is frequently ranked in the Top 5 or considered the NUMBER ONE metal vocalist ever. Ozzy is known for his persona more than anything else. He's a genius rock star but strip away the persona and songs he's associated with and you don't really have a singer's singer. Dio could sing anything and succeeded in four different bands. That doesn't mean you have to like his voice just because of his skill. I don't like Bruce Dickinson's or King Diamond's voice at all but both are phenomenal vocalists! Much better than Ozzy technically...but I like Ozzy better than both of them! But puh-lease.

I'd be careful putting much stock in the opinions of those without a musical clue in order to form an argument. There are many facets to musicianship. For some reason, Ozzy is one of the most underrated musicians in rock history. As the years pass, that will change, because his vocal melodies will hold up, and for a singer, there is nothing more important than what you sing. How you sing it is also truly important, but secondary if the magic of innovation and original character formed its basis.

One listen to Ozzy belting out something like "The Writ" or "Spiral Architect" and then hearing some know-nothing on the internet state that he "couldn't really sing" is nothing short of absurd. IMO, that is utter nonsense and has no basis in musical understanding.
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

Comment

• you guys are arguing about nothing
      Last edited by ronn; 04-09-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Well, I am patting myself on the back for staying out of this one. It took a lot of effort, but I am glad that it has finally died down, and that it was resolved that Ozzy is king.

Relax, just kidding.
        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• I haven't heard of when tickets are going on sale here in the U.S. yet, I'm on the look out.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            I haven't heard of when tickets are going on sale here in the U.S. yet, I'm on the look out.
            Dates were supposed to be announced today. Very weird. Also there is something posted on the Sabbath twitter page about a listening party contest but the link is dead. The pr guy is dropping the ball.
            Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Found this online... I thought it was interesting.

Black Sabbath Says “God is Dead”

The phrase “God is Dead” comes from the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, and it is spoken by the Madman in a vignette in The Joyful Wisdom as well as by the prophet Zarathustra in Thus Spoke Zarathustra. “God is Dead” is one of the best known but least understood lines in all of Western Philosophy. Most people simply take it as a statement of atheism, but it is not. Rather, it is a statement of irrelevance. It means that the God of the Judeo-Christian has become obsolete; he is no longer the guiding force in people’s lives that he was in earlier times. Why? It’s science that has killed God. In earlier times science had to bow before scripture and theology (think of Galileo), but now to science God seems an unnecessary hypothesis. One wonders, of course, if God is lost as a source of moral value, where will value and meaning come from? With the death of God we are faced with the challenge of nihilism. We must somehow accept that there is no objective, God-given meaning or value in the world and still find a way to live and even flourish.
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                Found this online... I thought it was interesting.

Black Sabbath Says “God is Dead”

The phrase “God is Dead” comes from the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, and it is spoken by the Madman in a vignette in The Joyful Wisdom as well as by the prophet Zarathustra in Thus Spoke Zarathustra. “God is Dead” is one of the best known but least understood lines in all of Western Philosophy. Most people simply take it as a statement of atheism, but it is not. Rather, it is a statement of irrelevance. It means that the God of the Judeo-Christian has become obsolete; he is no longer the guiding force in people’s lives that he was in earlier times. Why? It’s science that has killed God. In earlier times science had to bow before scripture and theology (think of Galileo), but now to science God seems an unnecessary hypothesis. One wonders, of course, if God is lost as a source of moral value, where will value and meaning come from? With the death of God we are faced with the challenge of nihilism. We must somehow accept that there is no objective, God-given meaning or value in the world and still find a way to live and even flourish.
                Everything that was bad is now good, everything that was good is now bad, people have no morals now, just look how society has become degenerate and decadent, God is dead to many.
                Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-10-2013, 02:12 PM.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Rather then sort through pages of off-topic comments, accusations of forum bias, direct flaming of other members, etc, I'll just say to remember we warned you. Over and over again. And we don't really care who started this and who was only defending him/herself, bans are coming. This thread, for like, I don't know, maybe the tenth time now, is for NEW ALBUM discussion, meaning there has to be some kind of direct connection to it. Joe is beyond finished with one of you in particular and warnings simply don't work for some others, sad but true. We'd hate to see any member miss the fun of sharing this rare experience with us, but some will, for sure. If you want to stay, don't retaliate to a bad post, report it. Don't say we didn't warn you. Many times.
                  Damian
                  Super Moderator
                  Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                    AMEN!!! But Billy, weren't you one of the guys that was going to try to avoid all clips and single releases until the album came out? Pretty difficult huh?
                    Didn't stand a chance...

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Now it's exactly 48 hours till the tickets are up for sales!!!
                    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-10-2013, 02:00 AM.
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Got two tickets for Helsinki show. Maybe that presales is not that bad thing after all

Comment

• Originally posted by NibRules View Post
                        Got two tickets for Helsinki show. Maybe that presales is not that bad thing after all
                        Nice job! I also got tickets for Helsinki! I still dislike pre-sales, but at least for once it worked in my favor.
                        Last edited by Tola; 04-10-2013, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NibRules View Post
                          Got two tickets for Helsinki show. Maybe that presales is not that bad thing after all
                          Congrats .

Comment

• A bit off topic , but watch out for 'Black Sabbath' appearance on CSI season 13 episode 22, the Vegas series finale! ( MAY 15th !)

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                              A bit off topic , but watch out for 'Black Sabbath' appearance on CSI season 13 episode 22, the Vegas series finale! ( MAY 15th !)
                              Cool.... I know Hawaii 5-0 had Hendrix's new album playing thru the episode... a couple weeks ago.
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                                Cool.... I know Hawaii 5-0 had Hendrix's new album playing thru the episode... a couple weeks ago.
                                This is not about the music only ! Black Sabbath members will physically be on the screen !

Comment

Working...
                                X