New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post

First of all; i think this is just a too shameless promo, way below Sabbath. It's the kind of thing the Beyonce/Jonas-brothers/50-cents of the world would do.
    Second; doesn't it look like it's Clufetos behind the kit in that pic? That's not very promising for the upcoming tour...
    I'm not too upset about it, its probably just a murder at a concert or something i.e a very small cameo. about Clueftos, hopefully Wilk just wasn't available at the time.

Comment

First of all; i think this is just a too shameless promo, way below Sabbath. It's the kind of thing the Beyonce/Jonas-brothers/50-cents of the world would do.
      Second; doesn't it look like it's Clufetos behind the kit in that pic? That's not very promising for the upcoming tour...
      I do agree up to a point...But it might bring some new fans, people that haven't even heard of Sabbath but are watching that show, so it is a good thing...publicity wise that is.

And then to the real travesty, it indeed looks like Clufetos in the pic...if that pic is from the actual footage of the show and not just a stock photo...if it is then I surely hope it was just for filming purposes...perhaps Brad wasn't able to do it...but if it is Tommy who'll be touring then I keep getting more and more pleased I didn't get a ticket...

Comment

• Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
        Oh no, no, please god help me! *dum-dum-dum*

But maybe they just had to get any - just any - drummer to mime along the studio track for the shoot, right? Right?

And I agree with you about this kind of marketing being below Sabbath. But on the other hand it's pretty cool too Gladly they went with C.S.I. though, they could have picked a worse show. And if their cameo brings even one new fan for them, it's a plus.
        What is shame or low about doing such a thing ? actually its VERY smart marketing , the show is one of the biggest in the world and would give Sabbath a HUGE push and exposure before their album gets released a month later ! + they will be out there doing there thing ! how cool is that ? they won't be goofy or do something thats not them , just Sabbath kicking some live ass as usual ! bring it on !

After taking another look at the picture I believe its new and not old , Tony's hair look very different here + I think his holding one of his new Jaydee Old Boy guitars here (finished in Heritage Cherry) , Brad Wilk not making it to the tour would be a huge blow in my opinion ! apparently he has no other commitments as far as I know , so there is really no excuse not having him drum on the whole '13'th tour !

Comment

• Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
          Oh no, no, please god help me! *dum-dum-dum*

But maybe they just had to get any - just any - drummer to mime along the studio track for the shoot, right? Right?
          Let's just hope...

As for the C.S.I-thing; i don't like the show... But as Starwanderer, OIM, Charger and I-M says, if it'll bring new fans; great. But in my mind they're big enough not to need to lower themselves to such cameos. It gives me a bad taste in my mouth...

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Originally posted by Damian View Post
          Something big coming from Joe tonight, wont get anyone closer to hearing songs, but will be yet another PR opportunity for the band. Keep an eye on the site's twitter feed for his announcement! @blacksabbathweb
          I think i'm drooling a bit out of the left side of my mouth in pure anticipation :D
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post

What is shame or low about doing such a thing ? actually its VERY smart marketing , the show is one of the biggest in the world and would give Sabbath a HUGE push and exposure before their album gets released a month later ! + they will be out there doing there thing ! how cool is that ?
            Exactly! Well put.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

After taking another look at the picture I believe its new and not old , Tony's hair look very different here + I think his holding one of his new Jaydee Old Boy guitars here (finished in Heritage Cherry) , Brad Wilk not making it to the tour would be a huge blow in my opinion ! apparently he has no other commitments as far as I know , so there is really no excuse not having him drum on the whole '13'th tour !
            Pic is worth a thousand words. :(
            Damian
            Super Moderator
            Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• I think it is a brilliant marketing move. The truth is there are a ton of people out their that don't even know Ozzy is back with Sabbath and they are releasing a new album. They need to get as much hype as possible because I would love to See Sabbath get their first American number one album and this is their best opportunity.
              Religion won't save me
              The damage is done
              The future has ended
              Before it's begun
              - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                The truth is there are a ton of people out their that don't even know Ozzy is back with Sabbath and they are releasing a new album.
                But will the general couch-potato even understand who they're watching? Some might recognise Ozzy from The Osbournes, but will they understand the importance of him being back in Sabbath?

I think anyone who cares already knows...
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Could be way worse. Zakk wylde was on american idol

Comment

But will the general couch-potato even understand who they're watching? Some might recognise Ozzy from The Osbournes, but will they understand the importance of him being back in Sabbath?

Why do you care what the general couch potato thinks? There will be PLENTY of casual fans who will be clueless when tuning in. No way this move hurts album or ticket sales. It's win-win. Fuck it, I hope they gave Ozzy a line of dialogue to say. Maybe he'll come stumbling out of his dressing room wrapped in crime scene tape.
                    Damian
                    Super Moderator
                    Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Does it matter though? One more curious person could randomly convert a life long fan. We all have our stories. Some typical, some not. If flipping through channels brings a few more Black Sabbath fans to the table...awesome!
                      ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Not everyone who watches CSI is a brain dead couch potato. The majority of music fans are not obsessive freaks like all of us here. Millions of people watch that show and if a couple of thousand purchase the new record because of the CSI appearance than it was well worth the promotion. Look at AC/DC and the Black Ice record. They promoted it brilliantly and sold it exclusively at Walmart only and they had their biggest opening week ever with that record.
                        Religion won't save me
                        The damage is done
                        The future has ended
                        Before it's begun
                        - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
                          Why do you care what the general couch potato thinks? There will be PLENTY of casual fans who will be clueless when tuning in. No way this move hurts album or ticket sales. It's win-win. Fuck it, I hope they gave Ozzy a line of dialogue to say. Maybe he'll come stumbling out of his dressing room wrapped in crime scene tape.
                          Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                          Does it matter though? One more curious person could randomly convert a life long fan. We all have our stories. Some typical, some not. If flipping through channels brings a few more Black Sabbath fans to the table...awesome!
                          Don't get me wrong, it's not like i don't want them to gain more fans. But this feels like trying to gain more fans no matter what the cost, and that doesn't sit too well with me...
                          I don't know, it seems like i'm the only one who's not too thrilled about this, and i gently back down as the underdog (get it? )

Belive me, i'm not going to start hating Sabbath because of this. In a couple of days i've probably forgotten all about it anyway...

Comment

• Don't you all remember top of the Pops? Sure a lot of people had a problem with that back in 78.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                              Not everyone who watches CSI is a brain dead couch potato.
                              I wasn't trying to generalize, it was more just a way of expression... And i didn't mention braindead ;-)

Comment

But in my mind they're big enough not to need to lower themselves to such cameos. It gives me a bad taste in my mouth...
                                I don't see what the problem is. I think it's a great way for them to market their music.
                                Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                                Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                                Or do you deny, you're responsible
                                For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Working...
                                X