Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
    Joe has some track listing!

"Earlier today there was a private record company listening party for a very small group of people, and the couple of remarks Iíve read about it are very positive. Hope to have some more detail shortly. But what I am seeing is a listing of some track names.

End of The Beginning (8:07)
    God is Dead? (8:54)
    Loner (5:06)
    Zeitgeist (4:28)
    Age of Reason (7:02)
    Live Forever (4:49)
    Damaged Soul (7:43)
    Dear Father (7:06)

This isnít the whole album, either. Just eight of the tracks. Iím liking the longer tracks. Was hoping it would be like that, and not a bunch of songs ranging from 3:30 to 4:15. w00t!

These track names appear on all of the reports Iíve read, so itís probably pretty accurate. But, as with anything, one should keep in mind any of this info could change at any time.

Weíre only about eight weeks away from release now! "

Thats 53 Minutes of Music right there. May only be 8 Tracks but thats a long alblums worth.

I personaly hope they release all 16. But I think leaving the original release to 8 or 9 songs is def the best idea at these tracks times. Keeps the album from being watered down and dragging to a casual fan. Of course all of us on this board want the full 16 songs. But I think that is exactly what disc 2 will be. It will be a complete disc of bonus songs in my opion. Fingers crossed anyway!!
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Axeman, I like the way you think, but I would be shocked if disc 2 had the rest of the songs that weren't chosen for disc 1. I hope you are right, but I am doubtful.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• A Canadian metal magazine (@HellboundMetal) has been tweeting about it...

"Word on the street is that the best song on the new @OfficialSabbath album is called "Age of Reason" then "God Is Dead" @blacksabbathweb 1/2"

"The song "Loner" on the upcoming @OfficialSabbath apparently sounds like a modern NIB w/ traces of Johnny Blade. Interesting. Wanna hear 2/2"

"@blacksabbathweb I think it's neat that apparently the last song ends with rain and church bells - just like it all began on 02/13/1970"

Last edited by hipster doofus; 04-10-2013, 10:07 PM.
        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Thanks for the info hipster. There has been some discussion and suggestion that this will be THE last Sabbath album. Potentially supporting that theory is the suggestion that the last song of the "last" album ends the way the first song on the first album began, with rain and church bells. I'm not convinced that this is the end for Sabbath, but it is an interesting way of book-ending their body of work, as though it could be the end of an era.
          Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-10-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• I bet those 8 songs is all the album will consist of. But you never know... Joe said he thought there was more.

I agree with you Now In Darkness, i think the Rain and Churchbells sounds like a "book-end" :(

And about the CSI thing.. for the haters... Geezer said on Twitter its his favorite show and he has seen almost every episode... So lay off with the hate. My lord.. can't please some people. I think its awesome!
            Last edited by axeman_12656; 04-10-2013, 10:26 PM.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
              A Canadian metal magazine (@HellboundMetal) has been tweeting about it...

"Word on the street is that the best song on the new @OfficialSabbath album is called "Age of Reason" then "God Is Dead" @blacksabbathweb 1/2"

"The song "Loner" on the upcoming @OfficialSabbath apparently sounds like a modern NIB w/ traces of Johnny Blade. Interesting. Wanna hear 2/2"

"@blacksabbathweb I think it's neat that apparently the last song ends with rain and church bells - just like it all began on 02/13/1970"

Where did you get the paper from?

And ehh... I can't read the wrods... they are too small lol

But Loner and the last song sound really awesome. I'm surprised there are Never Say Die elements!
              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
              Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• They could always use the other eight songs for their next studio album.
                Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                Or do you deny, you're responsible
                For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• This is what I could make out:

End of the Beginning - "is your life real or is it pretend"
                  God is Dead - "what is the answer / will someone ??? my head / is god really dead?" "move from questioning to answering"
                  Loner - "weakest"
                  Zeitgeist - "PC"
                  Age of Reason - "drums/groove"
                  Live forever - "I don't want to live forever, but I don't want to die"
                  Damaged Soul - "bluest"
                  Dear Father - "DADDY ISSUES" "Ends with thunder / rain church bells"
                  Well I donít want no preacher telling me about the god in the sky
                  No I donít want no one to tell me where Iím gonna go when I die
                  I wanna live my life, I donít want people telling me what to do
                  I just believe in myself, ícause no one else is true

Comment

• I think the band appearing on CSI is a great move. Like Iron Man said its a smart marketing move. I always said that when Sabbath does this album and tour they should go big. I never imagined anything like this. My prayers have been answered. Billy said it wasnt a good idea for them to appear on CSI, The way i see it , its the same as if they were on Kimmel or Letterman. I say more power to them. You have to remember that they are trying to sell an album and a tour here. I want them to have their first #1 album in the US. Compared to other bands of the 70s and 80s, i always thought Sabbath got the shaft and didnt get any respect. This is their big break. Im excited for the guys and they deserve this.
                    Last edited by scorpio 2000; 04-10-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ochlocracy View Post
                      This is what I could make out:

End of the Beginning - "is your life real or is it pretend"
                      God is Dead - "what is the answer / will someone ??? my head / is god really dead?" "move from questioning to answering"
                      Loner - "weakest"
                      Zeitgeist - "PC"
                      Age of Reason - "drums/groove"
                      Live forever - "I don't want to live forever, but I don't want to die"??
                      Damaged Soul - "bluest"
                      Dear Father - "DADDY ISSUES" "Ends with thunder / rain church bells"
                      I guess PC means "personal computer"?

Comment

• Perhaps:

God is Dead: what is the answer/ will someone enjoy my hell/ is God really [the] devil?
                        Damaged Soul: bluesy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                          I guess PC means "personal computer"?
                          "Politically Correct"

Comment

• Originally posted by under the sun View Post
                            "Politically Correct"
                            Come to find out it stands for Planet Caravan. Excited, didn't expect an esoteric track. Excellent news.
                            Religion won't save me
                            The damage is done
                            The future has ended
                            Before it's begun
                            - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                              It's minor and doesn't give much detail, but seeing the official site pre-order section finally updated with art is pretty cool. Here is the Super Deluxe Box Set...

Wow, looks so good... even though picture is very tiny but it still shows enough. Very esthetic and kind of sinister and peaceful at the same time. Brilliant artwork! (and probably will look stunning on LP cover) Oh my, the excitement thickens day by day. Black Sabbath really makes your life better!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                                Come to find out it stands for Planet Caravan. Excited, didn't expect an esoteric track. Excellent news.
                                What a dumbass I am, I didn't notice PC can be Planet Caravan. XD
                                Last edited by LouiST; 04-10-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X