New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Come to find out it stands for Planet Caravan. Excited, didn't expect an esoteric track. Excellent news.
    Seems that the excitement thickens post by post rather than day by day Yeah, excellent news indeed.

Comment

• That's kinda crazy, I was just talking to my girlfriend a few days ago about how I wish the album would end in rain and thunder, and there you go. I'm glad to see that book-ending.

Also, on the CSI thing, guys its called cross-promotion. I don't see the problem with it, it'll benefit both entities. Its two well respected things coming together.

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
        Where did you get the paper from?
        From a post on someone's Instragram that attended.
        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Brilliant news , review and update from Joe ! thank you !
          NOW what we seriously need to know is whom exactly will be handling the drums on the upcoming '13' world tour ! Brad not being there would be a HUGE disappointed !

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
            Brilliant news , review and update from Joe ! thank you !
            NOW what we seriously need to know is whom exactly will be handling the drums on the upcoming '13' world tour ! Brad not being there would be a HUGE disappointed !
            We'll find out soon enough. I'm seeing them in 10 days.
            Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
            Do you think of all the pain from your lies
            Or do you deny, you're responsible
            For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Well they've already got Brad Wilk why not getting him to gigs?
              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
              Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• I think that's really cool about CSI. And I am REALLY glad it's been said that the song they're playing is from the new album. I remember years ago, probably around the 1998 reunion, Sabbath played on Letterman, I was so excited for it weeks before it happened, and when it finally happened--They played fucking Paranoid. That pissed me off to no end. For this CSI thing, if they didn't specifically announce the song was from the new album, I would've completely expected Paranoid, and wouldn't have cared.

I wonder how soon I'll be able to set my DVR to record something airing on May 15?
                Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Nice “13″ Listening Party Review on the home page, can't wait until June!!

Comment

• What I'm most happy and satisfied about is that finally, after all the years of waiting, we got final studio albums from both Heaven & Hell with Dio and Black Sabbath with Ozzy. Two great studio albums with two of the most important singers of this band. Sadly, Dio passed away but he fulfilled his own intent of ending his career with Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, he was in the band with these guys until the end. This most sad event took away the greatest singer, but as sad and painful it is still, the event also directed this band towards the final reunion and studio album of the original Black Sabbath.

"The Devil You Know" and "13"...two closing epic chapters for these guys.

"He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                      Joe has some track listing!

"Earlier today there was a private record company listening party for a very small group of people, and the couple of remarks I’ve read about it are very positive. Hope to have some more detail shortly. But what I am seeing is a listing of some track names.

End of The Beginning (8:07)
                      God is Dead? (8:54)
                      Loner (5:06)
                      Zeitgeist (4:28)
                      Age of Reason (7:02)
                      Live Forever (4:49)
                      Damaged Soul (7:43)
                      Dear Father (7:06)

This isn’t the whole album, either. Just eight of the tracks. I’m liking the longer tracks. Was hoping it would be like that, and not a bunch of songs ranging from 3:30 to 4:15. w00t!

These track names appear on all of the reports I’ve read, so it’s probably pretty accurate. But, as with anything, one should keep in mind any of this info could change at any time.

We’re only about eight weeks away from release now! "

A lot of long tracks...I like long tracks, but fast rockers are needed as well...we can assume that Live Forever and Zeitgeist (what the hell does that mean?) will be those fast ones.

8 tracks is good, but wasn't there supposed to be more tracks? Maybe they chose one of the longer tracks instead of two shorter ones? Who knows...

It would be kind of cool if it's true that Dear Father would end with rain and church bells...then it would be like a full circle...from the beginning to the end so to speak...also would mean that this indeed will be their last ever album. I kind of like the symbolisim there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        A lot of long tracks...I like long tracks, but fast rockers are needed as well...we can assume that Live Forever and Zeitgeist (what the hell does that mean?) will be those fast ones. .
                        Zeitgeist : the spirit, attitude, or general outlook of a specific time or period, esp as it is reflected in literature, philosophy, etc

It's reported to be Planet Caravan-like so won't be a fast song.
                        My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          A lot of long tracks...I like long tracks, but fast rockers are needed as well...we can assume that Live Forever and Zeitgeist (what the hell does that mean?)
                          According to Wikipedia it means "spirit of the age/ time".
                          I'm highly looking forward to the lyrics of it.
                          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                          Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys.

Yeah I just read Joe's newsbit so that's dissapointing...it seems that all the songs are mid-tempo...I'm not very happy with that. Also the lack of really heavy doomy songs is dissapointing. But it seems that the songs are pretty good according to the anonymous reviewer anyways so if the songs are good the lack of tempo changes isn't that important...preferred naturally but not make or break important.

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                              And about the CSI thing.. for the haters... Geezer said on Twitter its his favorite show and he has seen almost every episode... So lay off with the hate. My lord.. can't please some people. I think its awesome!
                              Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                              Billy said it wasnt a good idea for them to appear on CSI
                              I didn't hate on it, and i didn't say it wasn't a good idea (i actually said that if it'll bring them more fans, great), what i said was that this sort of promo isn't to my taste. Am i allowed to have that opinion? I backed down as the only one criticising the idea, and was hoping we could move away from that particular issue. Please stop hating me? Axeman_12656?

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                              End of The Beginning (8:07)
                              God is Dead? (8:54)
                              Loner (5:06)
                              Zeitgeist (4:28)
                              Age of Reason (7:02)
                              Live Forever (4:49)
                              Damaged Soul (7:43)
                              Dear Father (7:06)
                              What happened to Methademic and Epic?
                              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                                What happened to Methademic and Epic?
                                Bonus tracks, maybe?
                                Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                                Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                                Or do you deny, you're responsible
                                For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Working...
                                X