No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its odd that "EPIC" was played for the first couple of critics. Back when they only heard 3 songs. But now that its up to 8 it doesn't appear to have made the cut.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
      I didnt hear that. But i was refering to this article... http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/68547
      Yes. But after Geezer's interview Tom immediately said that there are no plans for reunion
      Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
      Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
      In the age of reason, how do we survive?
      The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
        Not all total raves for "13" it would appear
        http://www.antiquiet.com/reviews/201...ually-evil-13/
        You know, I think that this is probably a realistic review for someone who has only heard the album once. The fact is that so many of us have been hyping the upcoming album, and anticipating its arrival, that it can only result in mixed emotions for a lot of people, once heard for the first time. However, as is the case with so many Sabbath albums, a second and third listening suddenly results in a considerably improved outlook on the final product. If this review, based on one listening, is as bad as it gets, then I tend to think we are in for a very pleasing album in the Ozzy Sabbath catalogue. My personal feeling is that it will be a good, solid album, in the 7-8 out of 10 range, but I doubt that the magic of 1970-1972 can ever be fully recreated. I will say it again, we are still so darn lucky to be receiving anything, and I am not looking this gift horse in the mouth. It will be the pride of the fleet for some time to come. If it exceeds expectations, even better.

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
        I think its odd that "EPIC" was played for the first couple of critics. Back when they only heard 3 songs. But now that its up to 8 it doesn't appear to have made the cut.
        Epic is a fairly generic studio type working title, so it may have been renamed. In other words, it may have been labelled Epic in the studio for its qualities, rather than as an actual title.
        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-11-2013, 09:27 PM.
        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• I think it's interesting that the writer considered the weaker tracks to be the ones that the other reviewers enjoyed the most.
          Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
          Do you think of all the pain from your lies
          Or do you deny, you're responsible
          For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
            I think it's interesting that the writer considered the weaker tracks to be the ones that the other reviewers enjoyed the most.
            That was exactly what I thought as well Soul Sucker. It all comes down to a matter of opinion. This review also didn't seem to like any of the slower heavy tracks either.

I think the best thing I have read in any of the reviews was something like, Sabbath aren't looking to reinvent the wheel, they are the wheel. That is the perfect quote.
            Religion won't save me
            The damage is done
            The future has ended
            Before it's begun
            - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
              Not all total raves for "13" it would appear
              http://www.antiquiet.com/reviews/201...ually-evil-13/
              Definitely a different take, I think he likes Loner more then any of the other reviewers so far. It muddys up the water for how I'm picturing the arrangement of these songs in my head now. This next week is going to go by very slowly, I can tell. I was thinking that we would have access to God is Dead on the 13th, but now that it has been revealed that there is a new Jack Osbourne trailer that debuted at the listening party, my money says that we will get that instead. Couple more table scrap soundbites. I'll take it.
              Damian
              Super Moderator
              Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• That's a bugger if Clufetos is tour drummer instead of Wilk. On the other hand Clufetos "can play drums" (keeps tempo, has decent technique, etc...), so you may not pay that much attention to his drum work on gig when rocking your ass off. And better this way that Wilk is on album and not Clufetos (at least Wilk seems/sounds to be way more creative than Clufetos) + we don't know yet who is the tour drummer, could be Wilk as well.

Comment

• Ah Bummer. I like Clufetos as a guy, he's a cool dude and he did great work behind the kit when I saw him with Alice Cooper and Ozzy's solo band. But he just doesn't have the "Sabbath swing" to play these songs right... Somehow they must know that too, else they would have had him on the album (okay, at least Rubin must know). I hate to say it but with "Ozzy & Friends", some of the songs like Fairies Wear Boots, him and Zakk just tore that song apart. It was pretty bad.
                  http://www.twitter.com/daniarrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    Do anyone know when this clip/episode was filmed? It could be as far back as when Clufetos was "still in the band"...
                    TV shows rarely film a lot in advance. It's actually a rather busy schedule. They might not be more than a month behind the air dates...depending how much post production (i.e visual effects and such) there is needed.

Since the season finale will air on mid may it is quite possible that the filming took place in March. It usually takes up to 7 days to film one episode so early to mid March would be a pretty solid guess...

So it definitely looks like Tommy's in the band now...truly sad news indeed.
                    Last edited by Charger; 04-12-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                      Tommy is fine by me. He did a respectable job last year.
                      Do you know ANYTHING about drumming? Tommy has NO groove/swing (which is what Ozzy-Sab is all about), he just plays straight forward like a machine. AND he uses triggers, which kills off all dynamics. If it's going to be Tommy who's going to be touring that's really horrible news.

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                      Yes. But after Geezer's interview Tom immediately said that there are no plans for reunion
                      The only plans i've heard RATM having at the moment is re-releasing their debut-album and releasing a box-set with all the albums. Weird if Brad is so caught up in producing/remastering/promotion that he can't tour with Sabbath... I'd imagine it would be Morello and de la Rocha who'd do most of that stuff anyway...

Originally posted by DaniArrow View Post
                      I hate to say it but with "Ozzy & Friends", some of the songs like Fairies Wear Boots, him and Zakk just tore that song apart. It was pretty bad.
                      I know, i was there (exept it was in Oslo ). The ones who made the show worth while was Geezer and Slash...
                      Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-12-2013, 02:00 AM.
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                        Do you know ANYTHING about drumming? Tommy has NO groove/swing (which is what Ozzy-Sab is all about), he just plays straight forward like a machine. AND he uses triggers, which kills off all dynamics. If it's going to be Tommy who's going to be touring that's really horrible news.
                        One of my favorite drummers of all time is Phil Rudd of AC/DC for his incredible groove/swing and I can't stand their albums where he didn't drum because of the lack of groove/swing. So I believe you can use that to measure my expertise on drumming eh? It's just my opinion that Tommy wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. He was not perfect on every song of course but in general, it didn't sound any worse than Vinnie/Bev/Eric/Bobby/Cozy/etc to me. People talk like he's the worst thing ever happened to Black Sabbath history and I just don't feel it. Sorry.

Can't comment on trigger part as I'm yet to actually hear him live. I'll be travelling Japan next month to see the gig so may have an opinion about it after that.
                        Last edited by motorchang; 04-12-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• I like the symbolism of the "13" album cover. As the number 13 is commonly known as the number of bad luck, this time the number 13 made of straw is burned away..they've been through a lot throughout their careers, some of the worst possible things have happened only during the last few years...so no more bad luck for Black Sabbath...this new album will be a perfect finale for their recording careers.
                          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                            One of my favorite drummers of all time is Phil Rudd of AC/DC for his incredible groove/swing and I can't stand their albums where he didn't drum because of the lack of groove/swing.
                            Phil is pretty much the most straight forward drummer there is, which ofcourse is perfect for AC/DC. But there's not much swing to him... But i love him in AC/DC, couse, as i said, that's the right way for them.

Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                            it didn't sound any worse than Vinnie/Bev/Eric/Bobby/Cozy/etc to me. People talk like he's the worst thing ever happened to Black Sabbath history and I just don't feel it. Sorry.
                            Actually he is, along with Vinnie, the worst thing that happened to Sabbath (now i'm talking Ozzy-era only, ofcourse). If Wilk's not available it would be much better to bring Mike Bordin along. Or someone new, like Zak Starkey, which i've mentioned many times before. Sabbath need a swinging drummer!

Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                            Can't comment on trigger part as I'm yet to actually hear him live. I'll be travelling Japan next month to see the gig so may have an opinion about it after that.
                            Triggering drums is like compressing an album to death. Think Metallicas Death Magnetic...
                            Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-12-2013, 02:38 AM.
                            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• If Brad is really unavailable, maybe they can reconsider getting Ginger Baker?
                              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                              Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                                If Brad is really unavailable, maybe they can reconsider getting Ginger Baker?
                                If memory serves right i think he was suggested for the album, but was turned down by the band.

Comment

Working...
                                X