New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Phil is pretty much the most straight forward drummer that is, which ofcourse is perfect for AC/DC. But there's not much swing to him... But i love him in AC/DC, couse, as i said, that's the right way for them.
    It's his incredible ability to make those straight up rhythm swing like no one else does that make him stand out. He's well known for that among drummers and the fans. He's totally in his own league in that department.

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Actually he is, along with Vinnie, the worst thing that happened to Sabbath (now i'm talking Ozzy-era only, ofcourse). If Wilk's not awailable it would be much better to bring Mike Bordin along.
    I hated Vinnie's performance too especially during H&H era, both in studio and on stage. Can't stand him. Maybe my good impression with Tommy when he was with Ted Nugent, his first big break, is helping...

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Triggering drums is like compressing an album to death. Think Metallicas Death Magnetic...
    I know but rock 'n' roll concert isn't exactly the place of the sonical perfection to me anyway. Not that it doesn't matter at all but IMO, it's all in the context. It seems like a bad idea on paper but somehow can sound good with the full band, or not. I'll never know until I actually hear him on stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by motorchang View Post
      Maybe my good impression with Tommy when he was with Ted Nugent, his first big break, is helping...
      That do probably help alot. I've heard he've done a good job with Alice Cooper too, but Nugent's and Cooper's music fit much more to that style of drumming.

I've never said Clufetos is a bad drummer, he's quite good at what he does, but what he does is all wrong for (Ozzy-era) Sabbath...
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Wilk said he would be heartbroken if he couldn't tour on this "amazing record." RATM aren't reuniting, so it must be the bands decision if true.
        Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
        The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

• Another new review
          http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/vi...h-13-reviewed/

Some killer lyrics on this one as well ! looking forward to Geezer's lyrics as much as the music !

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
            Wilk said he would be heartbroken if he couldn't tour on this "amazing record." RATM aren't reuniting, so it must be the bands decision if true.
            I cant see why they'd make that decision

Comment

• Wilk is cool

Comment

• Hmm these somewhat atheistic titles/lyrics are really rustling my jimmies, tough knowing sabbath, i should not get soworried untill i get to finaly hear the songs...
                Still I wonder what its like to be loved, instead of hiding in myself...

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
                  Wilk said he would be heartbroken if he couldn't tour on this "amazing record."
                  I see no reason why Wilk shouldn't be the one doing it if he really want to, and is available. If Clufetos is the guy, that reeks of $haron... I know it's wrong bashing her all the time, but i just can't see any other reason to bring him (as the drummer in Ozzy's solo-band, there's probably some advantages for the $hozzy-camp).

If the band is happy with Wilk's performance on the album there's no reason not to bring him out on tour...

Well well. We'll see when the tour starts.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                  Another new review
                  http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/vi...h-13-reviewed/

Some killer lyrics on this one as well ! looking forward to Geezer's lyrics as much as the music !
                  Best review yet.

Zeightgeist:
                  Lost in time wonder if my ship will be found. Falling thru the universe endlessly thru space.
                  This IS Planet Caravan pt. 2.
                  Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-12-2013, 06:00 AM.
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                    What really boggles my mind right now is that we only have 8 tracks from 16 that were recorded !! I don't believe the rest of the tracks ( another 8 tracks !) are going to be released on the bonus disc ! but I hope some of those will be there ! judging by how good the reviews are so far , we will end up begging for more stuff that could be likely as good ( or even better) than the ones ended up on '13' !

Not happy to see Tommy drumming on that CSI episode , Wilk have been getting some killer reviews on his drumming on the new album so far , would be a REAL shame not to have him tour with the band ! I hope for whatever reason , Tommy was just there to record that CSI thing !
                    It was stated somewhere by the band that the 8 tracks were not the whole album... there are more... chill...

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                    I agree 100%.. I had (and still have but they've diminished a quite a bit because of all the positive reviews about his drumming on the album) my doubts about Wilk, but I'd very much like to see him drumming for the band full time then...or atleast anyone but that damn Clufetos guy...I guess he's an okay drummer, but Sabbath needs quite a bit more than "okay"....!
                    I never knew so m,any people fretted and farted over a drummer... Tommy, Brad ,whomever... they'll be good enough to play with Sabbath because the BAND approves it!

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Originally posted by Damian View Post
                    I agree. It's a bitter pill, not our 1st choice, not our 2nd choice. We have no choice. It is what it is, boys. Don't look for an official announcement or press conference, in a week it will be beyond obvious who the drummer is, but really, everything you need to see the truth is pretty much out there.
                    I thought Tommy sounded great at the live shows in 2012... i think people don't like his stage presence (with the high arm strokes), but the guys very good... must be Wilk has other contractual commitments... that's my guess...
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                      I see no reason why Wilk shouldn't be the one doing it if he really want to, and is available. If Clufetos is the guy, that reeks of $haron... I know it's wrong bashing her all the time, but i just can't see any other reason to bring him (as the drummer in Ozzy's solo-band, there's probably some advantages for the $hozzy-camp).

If the band is happy with Wilk's performance on the album there's no reason not to bring him out on tour...

Well well. We'll see when the tour starts.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Best review yet.

Zeightgeist:

This IS Planet Caravan pt. 2.

Did you ever consider that maybe they found working in the studio, as favorable and capable a player as Wilk is, perhaps they didn't get along on a personal level? Wilk was Rubin's suggestion after all. Maybe Wilk was too much a fanboy around the guys. ORRR lets not forget why Bill isn't there... maybe Wilk's fee's for live performance are too high to keep the tour within budget.. Ahha! (And no I am not one that points to Sharon over the Bill decision.. not ALL bad management decisions can be attributed to her).

I agree with you Billy about Tommy as a drummer, he's stiff and mechanical. All that time playing along to sequencers with Zombie makes him sound like a drum machine pretty much. I think based on his goofy stage moves alone that should automatically disqualify him. But for some bizarre reason he's on Ozzy's good side, so whatever. I also would strongly prefer Bordin to tour with Sabbath (if Bill won't). I saw that lineup in 1997 and Mikes playing fit in absolutely perfectly.
                      Last edited by devstorm; 04-12-2013, 07:01 AM.
                      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                        I think its odd that "EPIC" was played for the first couple of critics. Back when they only heard 3 songs. But now that its up to 8 it doesn't appear to have made the cut.
                        No one officially said 8 was th ewhole album, on the contrary it was stated they weren't all that was on it....

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

At least the better of 2 scenarios is Wilk recorded the album, for all time... and Tommy plays live, better than th eother way around I think...
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                          No one officially said 8 was th ewhole album, on the contrary it was stated they weren't all that was on it.....
                          Actually I'm pretty sure that's the official tracklisting since they were the tracks played on the listening party as the album so that's it.

If there will be bonus tracks that's a whole different thing, but the album itself is going to be those 8 tracks.

My prediction:
                          Japanese Edition 1 bonus track
                          iTunes 1 bonus track
                          Deluxe Edition 1 maybe 2 bonus tracks
                          Super Deluxe Edition 2 bonus tracks.

Later on there will be a Tour Edition where another bonus track will be and some live cuts

This would be pretty much in line with Sharon's business logic in the past few Ozzy solo albums, so I'm rather sure the same thing will be going on here as well...sadly.

Comment

• I think Tommy is an great drummer who is really good for Ozzy's solo stuff. I agree that with Sabbath its not as good a fit. BUT, if Brad can't do it i'm fine with Tommy doing it.

But I really hope Brad can do it. He did the record. He played drums on a Black Sabbath album!!! He will FOREVER be associated with Sabbatha and its lure!! So we wanna see him with'em.
                            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                              Did you ever consider that maybe they found working in the studio, as favorable and capable a player as Wilk is, perhaps they didn't get along on a personal level?
                              No, actually i didn't. But in one of the resent listening-party reviews someone said that by the looks of the studio-video it seemed like they got along pretty well, along with Wilk getting the usual "new-boy"-treatment. I bet Iommi set him on fire at one point

Comment

• Yea, Tony mentioned in the video cutting and and playing pranks with Brad. I would think they get along fine and if he can't do it its because he is simply committed somewhere else.

As far as Tommy goes... he seems to be well like and respected. I recall when he left Rob Zombie to go to Ozzy it got kind of ugly. Rob made several public statements about it. Even a few times dropping small bombs on Ozzy. Rob later apologized. Tommy replied that he was sorry to disappoint Rob but that Ozzy was his "dream gig". So folks seem to really like him and get attached.

just imagine your dream gig is to drum for Ozzy then two years later you are playing drums with Black Sabbath!! He must have been really disappointed when they passed him over for the album. But Rick and the guys knew that to get that true Sabbath sound back they had to have a drummer in the mold of Bill Ward.
                                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X