Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    How so? I dont see why
    He sounded awful at Lollapalooza and continued taking drugs for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
      He sounded awful at Lollapalooza and continued taking drugs for a while.
      I dont see the correlation plus he says he sober now, which doesn't mean a lot i know

Comment

How so? I dont see why. And who said he sounded bad at lollapalooza?
        Are you really asking this?

Comment

• This is bad. Officially bad. This is a giant fucking wrench thrown into this very precious and fragile reunion, make no mistake. There has got to be some very major problems in Ozzy's marriage for him to post that after leaving for a tour that will put him 14 hours ahead of LA time and completely out of her control. If it was just a matter of taking time away, well, he's already doing that. What is the point of coming out now and saying you are 44 days sober? Is it REALLY for the fans? Shouldn't he have instead said "I'm sorry I lied in every single interview over 18 months about working totally sober on a new record."? Maybe that was what he meant by apologizing for being an asshole, but with such a vague and unexplained excuse, I guess we don't get to know exactly what he is talking about. Its a strange situation when a guy tells you he was a dick to everybody for a year and a half and none of those people have mentioned anything at all. Everybody was enabling or too blind to see it. You know, the musicians he has known for nearly fifty years, his entire family, people who have seen Ozzy stoned stumbling down 5th Avenue enough times to recognize it. And I suppose this was also done in front of Jack, who, as a recovering addict himself, got to follow dad around for a year shooting a documentary and for months in the recording studio. No wonder he interviewed Ozzy in those clips like he was a stranger. Whatever, I suppose whats done is done. Maybe he can stay sober this time. But with all he has been through in his life, and about to worshiped in fantasy land by Sabbath-starved fans down under for a few weeks, I wouldn't bet a cent on it. And if he comes home and says "I stayed sober the whole time and I feel so much better now" does that mean he is now NOT lying?

And Now in Darkness puts up a valid question in whether any of his behavior had an impact on the Brad Wilk situation. If he was an asshole to his bandmates, and there was only one bandmate who DIDN'T show up for the listening party (C'mon, you're Brad Wilk, you worked your ass off on those songs, and for the first time you will get to hear it played for an audience in person. "No thanks, I'm busy that night". Please. Even Tommy was in the audience and he wasn't even there for the recordings). Of course, I have no idea if there is a connection, but finally, for the first time, we get a possibility we never knew about before. I've been trying to get a statement from Wilk but he apparently has left the planet for some reason. Conspiracy theorists would have a ball sifting through all of this shit now.

Finally, at the very end of it, there is Ozzy. He sounds like a desperate man. Humbled. Shameful. How does Ozzy cope with such feelings, historically? Can you NOT see him celebrating 50 days sober by cracking open a bottle of vodka? Where is the one woman who can keep him in line? Oh, she is living 5,000 miles away and 14 hours earlier then him. I'm actually ok with him being drunk or high (the man is old enough to make his own decisions, he can live his life how he wants to), I just want him to SURVIVE.

Here's something you can count on: The next tidbit of news about this that we get will most definitely be from Sharon. Stay tuned. And God? If you are really not dead, will you please keep our band safe? Please? And if you could cut us a fucking break already, we'd greatly appreciate it.
          Last edited by Damian; 04-15-2013, 11:35 PM.
          Damian
          Super Moderator
          Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Ozzy sounded a lot worse at Lollapalooza than he did at the show in Biringham. But if he has been using for a year and a half that means he was using at during the Birmingham show also.

I hate to say this but.... Old friends, old habits. Maybe being around his old party buddies isn't a great enviroment for Ozzy to stay sober in. May not have been so bad when touring but spending hours recording and writting may have cought up to them. I wonder where Geezer and Tony stand on this. Again, I hate to say this BUT, there is chance that maybe all of them had some drinks together during the sessions and that really did lead to them rediscovering their friendship and writting a great record. But for Ozzy he ended up going a little too far.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
              This is bad. Officially bad. This is a giant fucking wrench thrown into this very precious and fragile reunion, make no mistake. There has got to be some very major problems in Ozzy's marriage for him to post that after leaving for a tour that will put him 14 hours ahead of LA time and completely out of her control. If it was just a matter of taking time away, well, he's already doing that. What is the point of coming out now and saying you are 44 days sober? Is it REALLY for the fans? Shouldn't he have instead said "I'm sorry I lied in every single interview over 18 months about working totally sober on a new record."? Maybe that was what he meant by apologizing for being an asshole, but with such a vague and unexplained excuse, I guess we don't get to know exactly what he is talking about. Its a strange situation when a guy tells you he was a dick to everybody for a year and a half and none of those people have mentioned anything at all. Everybody was enabling or too blind to see it. You know, the musicians he has known for nearly fifty years, his entire family, people who have seen Ozzy stoned stumbling down 5th Avenue enough times to recognize it. And I suppose this was also done in front of Jack, who, as a recovering addict himself, got to follow dad around for a year shooting a documentary and for months in the recording studio. No wonder he interviewed Ozzy in those clips like he was a stranger. Whatever, I suppose whats done is done. Maybe he can stay sober this time. But with all he has been through in his life, and about to worshiped in fantasy land by Sabbath-starved fans down under for a few weeks, I wouldn't bet a cent on it. And if he comes home and says "I stayed sober the whole time and I feel so much better now" does that mean he is now NOT lying?

And Now in Darkness puts up a valid question in whether any of his behavior had an impact on the Brad Wilk situation. If he was an asshole to his bandmates, and the only bandmate who DIDN'T show up for the listening party (C'mon, you're Brad Wilk, you worked your ass off on those songs, and for the first time you will get to hear it played for an audience in person. "No thanks, I'm busy that night". Please. Even Tommy was in the audience and he wasn't even there for the recordings). Of course, I have no idea if there is a connection, but finally, for the first time, we get a possibility we never knew about before. I've been trying to get a statement from Wilk but he apparently has left the planet for some reason. Conspiracy theorists would have a ball sifting through all of this shit now.

Finally, at the very end of it, there is Ozzy. He sounds like a desperate man. Humbled. Shameful. How does Ozzy cope with such feelings, historically? Can you NOT see him celebrating 50 days sober by cracking open a bottle of vodka? Where is the one woman who can keep him in line? Oh, she is living 5,000 miles away and 14 hours earlier then him. I'm actually ok with him being drunk or high, I just want him to SURVIVE.

Here's something you can count on: The next tidbit of news about this that we get will most definitely be from Sharon. Stay tuned. And God? If you are really not dead, will you please keep our band safe? Please? And cut us a fucking break, already.
              Now we all know what the 13 means. Bad luck

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
              Are you really asking this?
              Im just going by what i read on twitter and i watched a few clips on youtube. But i didn't see the whole concert. Even if he was bad it does not mean he will suck the whole tour because he fell off the wagon. Still buying a ticket and if it sucks so be it
              Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 04-15-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Still buying a ticket and if it sucks so be it
                Ozzy has performed pretty much his entire life while using. Even if he were to be using during the tour he will perform and sound fine. I'm just more concerned on where it leaves the band. How do they feel about everything?

But most importantly I'm just really let down and sad for his family. I think Ozzy has been sober for 5 years. or... call it 4 or so now. But that's still really good. I hate that he has to start over.
                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                  Hearing about his son's MS and Kelly's seizures and things couldn't have been good for his system. It's understandable.
                  Kelly's seizures happened only recently. His drug use started way before that.
                  Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                  Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                  Or do you deny, you're responsible
                  For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• I have a copy of the 2012 chicago show and Ozzy sounded terrible. The first half of the show Ozzy sounded great until the got to NIB, he started singing too low but quickly got back on key. Then they played my favorite SweetLeaf in the middle of the show and Ozzys voice completely went. Say what you want about TC but his drum solo, Geezer and Tony bailed Ozzy out. It gave him time to gather himself and get his voice back. I dont think its because of drugs or alcohol that he gave a bad performance, his voice is shot. And in the case of songs like WOC and Under The Sun, I think he just had to learn how to sing the songs again. They only did 3 shows last year. I know Tony is the sick one but right now i would trust Tony to get through the whole tour more then i would trust Ozzy.

Comment

• This is sad news indeed and I do feel bad for Ozzy and his battles verse his personal demons. Ozzy is a very insecure person and I wonder if the pressure of writing this record and its chances of success were just too much for him to handle. The amazing thing is how he has retained being skinny through all this. Ozzy typically balloons back up when his drinking is out of control.
                      Religion won't save me
                      The damage is done
                      The future has ended
                      Before it's begun
                      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• If this tour falls apart, I will be heartbroken forever. I don't think it will just because of this, but still. I'm keeping by fingers crossed. Despite everything, I still think Ozzy is a good person at heart. I agree with everyone who says he needs Sharon - he definitely does, and honestly I think she cares about him too.

Slightly off-topic, I have a feeling (no evidence, just a feeling again) that Tommy C. will be the tour drummer. I'm not too upset about it though, since I don't think he's as bad for Sabbath as people make him out to be. I agree Sabbath should have a drummer who swings, and while he doesn't, Tommy does have a pretty decent groove and more than enough power and energy. He's far superior to Vinny Appice at least.

Comment

• Today is a very sad day... when going to bed I heard news about bombs in Boston... and when I woke up I heard Ozzy's statement...
                          Let's hope both sides will be ok...
                          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• If he's been over 40 days sober and then fucked up for about a year and a half - wouldn't have been drunk and/or high during all of the recording process? Like Damian says, wouldn't this have come out sooner?
                            Very strange. Good he's back on track again though.

Comment

• This Black Sabbath reunion has been plagued with problems - the Bill Ward situation, Iommi with cancer, and now Ozzy's personal problems. Then again, Sabbath has always had problems. Ozzy seems to be better now. Hopefully he won't screw up the tour with his issues.

Comment

• Now I wonder: would Ozzy's drinking and drug taking be related to Bill Ward's situation?
                                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                                Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X