No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still intrigued by it. I don't believe it can be as simple as unlucky-13 or the fact that it's 2013. The fact Joe made a point of saying it's 13 not thirteen is a clue I'm sure! I had the same thought as somebody else. 1 (drummer) + 3 (original) but I don't think that's it.

Ah well.. unless the inspiration-fairy pays me a visit I'll just have to wait and see! :o)

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post

I can't believe people are rushing to judgements without KNOWING WHAT THE TITLE MEANS.

Comment

• I have no problem with the title being 13. I see it more of a reference to the self titled album being released on Friday the 13th as opposed to the year 2013 myself. And I was surprised to hear that Brad Wilk is going to be the drummer. I've always liked Brad in RATM so I have no problem drumming for Sabbath. We shall see soon enough I suppose.

Comment

• I'm excited about Brad Wilk, if only because it's such an unexpected, left-of-field, out-of-the box choice. There are a hundred more obvious drummers.. the usual guns-for-hire guys who they could have got on board with one phone call. That they chose a relatively obscure drummer from a band who are way out of the mainstream can only mean that his drumming was inspirational and exciting enough for them to take a chance on him.

I'm buzzing to hear this album more and more each day! :o)

Originally posted by Van Sabbath View Post
        I have no problem with the title being 13. I see it more of a reference to the self titled album being released on Friday the 13th as opposed to the year 2013 myself. And I was surprised to hear that Brad Wilk is going to be the drummer. I've always liked Brad in RATM so I have no problem drumming for Sabbath. We shall see soon enough I suppose.

Comment

• Here are some interesting facts about the number 13...

There are usually 13 witches in a coven.

Most religions have one profit or messiah and 12 followers. Making 13.

In a Pentagram with a circle ratio of 13, each arm of the star will equal 12.36, the number of lunar months,days and hours in a solar year. Add the arms together and you get the number of full moons in 5 years.

In Mesoamerican divination, 13 is the number of important cycles of fortune/misfortune

13 is the age that adepts usually start to learn Witchcraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
            Here are some interesting facts about the number 13...

In a Pentagram with a circle ratio of 13, each arm of the star will equal 12.36, the number of lunar months,days and hours in a solar year. Add the arms together and you get the number of full moons in 5 years.

In Mesoamerican divination, 13 is the number of important cycles of fortune/misfortune

theres me been led to believe sabbath weren't a satanic band...

Comment

• Originally posted by Axeman77 View Post
              theres me been led to believe sabbath weren't a satanic band...
              Doesn't necessarily mean they are, or that those facts about 13 lead to the album title.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                Doesn't necessarily mean they are, or that those facts about 13 lead to the album title.
                yeh i know, was just joking round

Comment

• Originally posted by Axeman77 View Post
                  yeh i know, was just joking round
                  Thought so, but you never know, someone might have seen that and taken it literally.

Comment

• Originally posted by badactress View Post
                    I'm excited about Brad Wilk, if only because it's such an unexpected, left-of-field, out-of-the box choice. There are a hundred more obvious drummers.. the usual guns-for-hire guys who they could have got on board with one phone call. That they chose a relatively obscure drummer from a band who are way out of the mainstream can only mean that his drumming was inspirational and exciting enough for them to take a chance on him.

I'm buzzing to hear this album more and more each day! :o)
                    That's a good point. Sabbath could have went with a by-the-numbers, "safe" drummer. The fact that they didn't means they're up to something.

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                    Here are some interesting facts about the number 13...

Isn't that also the age for a bar mitzvah? Maybe Sabbath has converted to Judaism? (wink, wink)
                    In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Looks like they are already having listening parties so I must assume the record is complete. Ozzy looks great with his hair a little shorter again.

http://instagram.com/p/UzoT82Q28m/
                      Religion won't save me
                      The damage is done
                      The future has ended
                      Before it's begun
                      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                        Looks like they are already having listening parties so I must assume the record is complete. Ozzy looks great with his hair a little shorter again.

^^^Awesome pic! It seems odd to me that they will wait till June with the record already being done. Maybe that's a good month for album releases? No other big releases planned at that time so less competition for sales? Or maybe there is more post-post production to be done?

Comment

Looks like they are already having listening parties so I must assume the record is complete. Ozzy looks great with his hair a little shorter again.

I wonder was that pic taken before or after he burned himself ? Great pic though!

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                            I wonder was that pic taken before or after he burned himself ? Great pic though!
                            I would imagine after as you can see Ozzy's hand is all wrapped up.
                            Religion won't save me
                            The damage is done
                            The future has ended
                            Before it's begun
                            - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

I would imagine after as you can see Ozzy's hand is all wrapped up.
                              His hair and face looks fine though.
                              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                              Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                                His hair and face looks fine though.
                                But his hair is bit shorter now, so I assume he cut the burned part out.

Comment

Working...
                                X