New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
    Isn't that also the age for a bar mitzvah? Maybe Sabbath has converted to Judaism? (wink, wink)
    Isn't this supposed to be Judas Priest related?
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Ozzy definitely looks YOUNGER with the hair shorter, imo. I really like it ... He should stick to that.
      How could this poison be the dream of my soul
      How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
        I would imagine after as you can see Ozzy's hand is all wrapped up.
        I hadnt noticed the bandage. Thanks!

Comment

• I can't wait for this album, to see what Original Sabbath can bring to us, shame that Bill Ward is not part of the band but I would have thought - sorry the logical thing to do to me was ask Vinny Appice to take the Drum Stool its still all Black Sabbath Then right?

Comment

• Originally posted by SabbathsValhalla View Post
            I can't wait for this album, to see what Original Sabbath can bring to us, shame that Bill Ward is not part of the band but I would have thought - sorry the logical thing to do to me was ask Vinny Appice to take the Drum Stool its still all Black Sabbath Then right?
            I was thinking exactly the same thing, why not ask Vinny Appice to take the drum stool? Was he even asked, does anyone here know?
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              I was thinking exactly the same thing, why not ask Vinny Appice to take the drum stool? Was he even asked, does anyone here know?
              Kill Devil Hill

Would of picked Bev Bevan or Bobby Rodinelli myself, that is if only they were not busy. No, I think Tony and Co. wanted a new route since Bill didn't want to go for it.

Just thought about Aynsley Dunbar would be cool too, they could do Warning live.
              Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM.
              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

I was thinking exactly the same thing, why not ask Vinny Appice to take the drum stool?
                Because he's not a good drummer.
                Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                Or do you deny, you're responsible
                For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
                  I know about Bill not wanting to be shown on the band website, but this picture, from an online article, looks pretty damn silly. The official 11/11/11 picture with Wilk's face photoshopped in:

This does look rather strange. I assume most of the band/promo pics for the album won't feature Wilk. He's playing drums on the album, but it hasn't been stated he's a member of Black Sabbath. As was the case with Rick Wakeman, Don Airey, Geoff Nicholls (And maybe Gruber too?)... these folks simply contributed material to the albums, no more no less. Nicholls had to stick around for 6 or 7 years to be considered an actual member! Wilk is a salaried Black Sabbath (or Rick Rubin, or both) employee. We may see a shot or two with the 4 who played on 13.. but I doubt there will be many of those.

About the title, I think it would be great to have a song that ties to it like with some sort of numerology angle. Geezer is very well read, so that wouldn't surprise me. But if not, 2013 as sort of a time stamp on the album doesnt seem like an awful idea to me. I mean, hell, it worked out well for Van Halen a long time ago..
                  Last edited by devstorm; 01-24-2013, 01:10 AM.
                  The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
                    How could you say that he done well on The Mob Rules, Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know, he should have been asked back or yes Bobby Rondinelli [forgot about him] he too done a good job on Cross Purposes if we cant have bill get one of the other Sabbath Drummers not a newbie!!

Comment

How could you say that he done well on The Mob Rules, Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know, he should have been asked back or yes Bobby Rondinelli [forgot about him] he too done a good job on Cross Purposes if we cant have bill get one of the other Sabbath Drummers not a newbie!!
                      Other than the original four, they were ALL newbies at one point. All the people end up as a part of the history of Black Sabbath. Whether a full time member or not. It's all a case of where you stand in the time frame. Right now it seems weird having this 'new' guy on the drums. Just as when Ronnie James Dio joined all those years ago, that seemed weird too. In fact probably more so at the time.

Comment

How could you say that he done well on The Mob Rules, Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know.
                        His drumming was okay on Mob Rules, but TDYK has the worst drumming on a Sabbath album. I'm glad they chose someone else.
                        Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                        Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                        Or do you deny, you're responsible
                        For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Perhaps because it would have been "Heaven and Hell" with Ozzy on vocals.

Last edited by svullo; 01-24-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

His drumming was okay on Mob Rules, but TDYK has the worst drumming on a Sabbath album. I'm glad they chose someone else.
                            Ironically, I believe his say on Devil You Know was extremely limited ... just sayin' ... but I do agree, in that he is NOT my favorite drummer in the history of Sabbath, or even close.
                            How could this poison be the dream of my soul
                            How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

Agree 100 percent

Comment

Totally forgot to say:

OMG that's realistically awesome!
                                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                                Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X