New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SabbathsValhalla View Post
    I can't wait for this album, to see what Original Sabbath can bring to us, shame that Bill Ward is not part of the band but I would have thought - sorry the logical thing to do to me was ask Vinny Appice to take the Drum Stool its still all Black Sabbath Then right?
    I dont think it was in Rick Rubins vision of what he wanted the album to sound like. Since he couldnt get Bill back, he wanted someone that was as close to Bills style as possible as well as getting that classic sabbath sound.

Comment

• If you're looking for that classic Ozzy-era sound and vibe, Vinny is about one of the last choices you want to make. Very stiff, cut from a totally different cloth.

Comment

• In a recent interview Geezer talks about the title

On BLACK SABBATH's new album title, "13":

Originally posted by Geezer Butler
        : "Well, it was sort of a temporary name, that we had something to refer to the album as, and I think it kind of stuck. But I don't know if that's gonna be the final title or not. [It was named partly because it's coming out in the year 2013] and originally, we were gonna put 13 tracks on the album. We ended up doing 16 tracks, so I'm not sure what's gonna on the album and what isn't."
        So it seems that there really is no deeper meaning to the title then...rather dissapointing indeed.

Comment

• I'm sure Vinnie Appice had already said he wouldn't have done it anyway. He's got his own thing going on.

As for the title, I'm actually eager to see what font they'll use for the name. (Call me boring. Heh.)
          I'm jut thinking they could actually incorporate the '13' within the Black Sabbath name.

As in 13LACK SA1313ATH.

Looks a bit shit in this font of course. But ya catch me drift. Sabbath have used some great fonts in the past.

Comment

• "We ended up doing 16 tracks"

Awesome!
            Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
            Do you think of all the pain from your lies
            Or do you deny, you're responsible
            For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• I really don't care about the title of the album.
              the most important for me is that Tony's health, according to what Geezer said in the interview, is as good as possible following treatment.
              second information : it will be a heavy rock album , more than a heavy metal one . Good new for me .
              I don' t want a TDYK 2 .

Comment

• http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mo...sitemID=185335
                Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                Or do you deny, you're responsible
                For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• The comments section there is disgusting

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
                    "We ended up doing 16 tracks"

Awesome!
                    But there will only be 13 tracks on the album....one extra track is going to be on the japanese edition. (and knowing Sharon will be a part of this there will be a special edition and a tour edition and godknowswhat edition which will probably include one bonus track each.)

Atleast that's what Ozzy said in one interview a while back.

I'd rather have 13 great tracks than 16 with 3 or 4 fillers...unless they are small Iommi instrumentals...then I'm all for it!

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                      Agree 100 percent
                      What makes you think Vinny Appice is not a good drummer? Not a fan of Appice myself but I'm not seeing how Brad Wilk is a better drummer.
                      Last edited by ZepHead; 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Ruben's made a good move, getting swing drummer vs a 80's metal thudder.... very happy to hear them compare with the 1st 3 albums, the foundation & legacy of the band and rock's hard rock/metal backbone... I don't want rehashed 80's or 90's hair/grunge "heavy metal", a term that's been over used to death, the album is going to sound like a Black Sabbath album, something we haven't truly heard in 40 years! Amen!
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

• "And the lyrics are very… They're just about life…. Life and death and doom and everything else. You get Prozac with every album."
                          Sounds promising
                          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Geezer: "Well, it was sort of a temporary name, that we had something to refer to the album as, and I think it kind of stuck. But I don't know if that's gonna be the final title or not.

Comment

• I have some mixed feelings about some of these statements:

"It's sort of got the feel of the first three albums — back to the basic rawness."

Hell yes.

"it's not really a heavy metal album; it's more of a rock… heavy rock. "

I'm not sure what to make of this. If he's considering early Sabbath to be "heavy rock" rather than "heavy metal," then it's great news. But if it's "heavy rock" like a lot of people use to describe obscure hard rock bands of the 70s that don't really qualify to metal, even in 70s standards, that's a bad sign for me.

"It's sort of back to the way we used to be in the '70s; that's his feel — sort of a jazzy, bluesy feel to him, and that's the way the music is now."

Bluesy and Jazzy like they were in the 70s? Like Warning and Wicked World? Oh god, yes!
                              Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                                But if it's "heavy rock" like a lot of people use to describe obscure hard rock bands of the 70s that don't really qualify to metal, even in 70s standards, that's a bad sign for me.
                                How many heavy metal bands are better than 70's heavy rock acts such as Led Zeppelin?

Comment

Working...
                                X