New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ozzyhead View Post
    This one did sound better, though more compressed, so Geezer's not standing out as much...
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
      Exactly what I was hoping for. It gets better the more you listen. I listened out in my car on Ozzy's Boneyard and was able to listen to it twice. Geezer shines as his playing is amazing. Ozzy's voice is the best he has sounded in quite sometime. Is voice was overly effected at all and the melodies sound like something he could pull off live.

There are a few moments that just puts a huge smile on my face but the Pre-chorus was my favorite part. Ozzy's melodies are amazing. The one disappointment I had was no solo but I am sure there will be a ton on the record. One of those songs that will get better with each listen and that is what Sabbath is all about.
      You pretty much nailed my thoughts. I found it strange that a 9 minute track didn't feature some kind of solo. I hate that the first listen is through a shitty internet radio stream, but that will change soon.

I want to listen a few more times to absorb it all, but I'm at work and not exactly surrounded by Black Sabbath fans.
      ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
        There are a few moments that just puts a huge smile on my face but the Pre-chorus was my favorite part. Ozzy's melodies are amazing. The one disappointment I had was no solo but I am sure there will be a ton on the record. One of those songs that will get better with each listen and that is what Sabbath is all about.
        No solo??? I remember a solo near the ending of the song. Not a big one, but there was one. I'm almost 100% sure. But I might be so overly happy that I hear things that aren't there.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post

Strongly disagree (as you would expect). "God is Dead" is on par (and strikingly similar) with "Psycho Man". Not even good enough to be on TDYK...but let's not go there okay (but you started it)
          Strongly disagree. It sounds nothing like psycho man

Comment

• Originally posted by Gijsco View Post
            No solo??? I remember a solo near the ending of the song. Not a big one, but there was one. I'm almost 100% sure. But I might be so overly happy that I hear things that aren't there.
            Ok, the second time listening the song, I didn't hear the solo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
              Like you, I also noticed the Psycho man similarity. I like the Dio years, but I just didn't like TD. Either way, we're not in very inspired territory yet.
              Fair enough. I happen to like "Psycho Man". I don't get why it's panned. It's got a better refrain than "God Is Dead". Both are far from a classic but both are far from an embarrassment. I give it an APPREHENSIVE thumbs up. To those who are reading who haven't heard it. Listen three times before you form an opinion.
              Last edited by YADF; 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gijsco View Post
                Actually there's more of a Bass-"solo" at about 7:30, which is cool... Only through with the second listen now, and it does get better. I almost hope they've got that "I radio on demand" voice-over on the album...
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                  Strongly disagree. It sounds nothing like psycho man
                  I don't get a Psycho Man vibe, but I do get a "solo" vibe. However, that's inevitable. TDYK was on par with Master Of The Moon as well. Those styles naturally convert over. We're not going to get Ozzy '75 again, but I'm happy we have it nonetheless.
                  ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    Actually there's more of a Bass-"solo" at about 7:30, which is cool... Only through with the second listen now, and it does get better. I almost hope they've got that "I radio on demand" voice-over on the album...
                    I didn't hear the bass-solo the first (with the BBC) and the second time I did, just like you. Maybe there are two versions, a BBC version with guitarsolo, and a Ozzy's boneyard-version with Bass-solo. It's all a conspiracy! ILLUMINATI!!!

Comment

• I can't hear it yet... so much for a break in the action eh??!!!!
                      "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                        I can't hear it yet... so much for a break in the action eh??!!!!
                        It's here:
                        Originally posted by Ozzyhead View Post
                        Originally posted by Gijsco View Post
                        It's all a conspiracy! ILLUMINATI!!!
                        Ohhh NOOO!!! I've got Ozzy right in my ear telling me that god is dead (or is he?) so right now i'm willing to believe anything!

Comment

• I like the new song. The bassguitar is insane! Good riffs, cool Ozzy. Cool New Black Sabbath overall-sound.
                          No Rip-Off! That's the next level.

Comment

• Ohhhhhhhh this is just so good and the more I listen the more I love it. I'm hearing Master of Reality, I'm hearing Sabotage, I'm hearing Vol4. My ears are filled with good things and there's a grin on my face THIS big!! We have Black Sabbath back!

Comment

• I like it, on a related note with the 13 album, I received this e-mail from the company I placed the order with, Maple Music. Anybody else see this?

Thank you for pre-ordering your Black Sabbath “13” Super Deluxe Box Set.

We are emailing to make you aware of a small change to the package contents.

The Super Deluxe Box Set will no longer include the “download card featuring track by track interview”. This will be replaced by a “Limited Edition Art Print”. All other elements of the package remain the same.

Comment

• Considering what they have to live up to - God Is Dead? sounds pretty good. Though I am hearing a bit of a Ozzy solo in the sound.
                                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Working...
                                X