Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "God is dead?" Ok song, Reminds me of this intro
    Tony use the the neck pickup here also in the lick in the beginning i guess
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmqolkts238

    Comment


    • Well, after first impressions this song felt close to brilliant... and then I listened it few more times and now it is nothing but brilliant. This song is actually really awesome! It is really enjoyable to listen Ozzy singing, the man is back. Melody line on "When will this nightmare be over, tell me?" gave me goose bumps. Everyone in the band are doing awesome job, in Sabbath style. Geezer's playing is just masterful, Tony's riffs kill, Brad has little bit groove here and there. Oh man, isn't it good to be Black Sabbath fan these days

      Comment


      • Another new cool track by track review :
        http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10878506

        Comment


        • This kind of music is rarely done nowadays, or the kind of feel it has. I think last time was something like 35 years ago or so. This song is one fucking great piece of heavy metal! Why it can't be already 10th of June (and Deluxe Box in my hands)... Mighty Black Sabbath!

          Comment


          • Hmmm, that set is pretty ugly, kinda Flinstones-like. They really don't need a stage set, props, etc... I'll still have a blast at the show though. Can't wait for September!
            Last edited by invisible man; 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
              Tru dat. Why is it extremely rare for anyone to stand up and say, I don't want my music to sound like that. Gilmour, and Ferry and Manzanera are some of the rare execptions. When people listen to Ted Templeman or Martin Birch, they'll think that came after.
              Neil Young is another. He's "gotten it" for years. When digital noise reduction started being employed in the late 80s/early 90s to reduce tape hiss on older recordings, he was a guy who came out and tried to explain that you can't use that crap. There is sonic life in that hiss. No software program can identify hiss 100% and not strip other organic qualities inherent in the signal. Oh, how true.

              If this album turns out to be slammed with compression, the great irony will be that much of Sabbath's catalog has been handled with quite impressive and arguably audiophile care in recent years.
              "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
              -WTB

              Comment


              • All I gotta say is that this is going to be a GREAT follow-up to 1995's Forbidden!

                Comment


                • Geezer said in the New Zealand interview that the songs were written with Tommy on drums. But that Rick didn't want him on the album and they didn't make the switch till right before entering the studio.

                  Also said that he didn't write all the lyrics. He stated that it was a colaberation. He said

                  "like the old days Ozzy would come up with the title and roughly what the choruses would be, the subject matter. I filled in the rest. On four of the songs Ozzy did them all on his own."

                  Then Ozzy said something that sounded like "But Geezer is the true lyricist of Sabbath...(Pause and whisper) Asshole." Then everyone laughed.

                  Boom... as I have said for years WAY too many fans discount Ozzy writting contributions.

                  Now of course of the 4 he mentioned im sure that means 4 of the 16. Not 4 of the 8 on the album.
                  Last edited by axeman_12656; 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM.
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                    as I have said for years WAY too many fans discount Ozzy writting contributions.
                    I've also argued this for years, but many people simply don't understand song construction. Ozzy Osbourne is one the most brilliant vocal melody architects to ever walk through the fields of popular music. Example after example of this are evident, yet some people seem to think that songs are comprised exclusively via instrumental arrangements, riffs, and so on ...

                    A vocal melody is the "make or break" of a "song."

                    When I listen to the vocals on something like "The Writ," I hear absolute, certified musical genius. I rate those ideas that highly. And unless info is forthcoming that Bill Ward sang those ideas one by one for Ozzy, I stand by the judgment that Ozzy Osbourne is the most underestimated musical icon of postmodern musical culture.
                    Last edited by Jeff; 04-19-2013, 05:00 PM.
                    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                    -WTB

                    Comment


                    • Applause!
                      It's time for people to recognize that.
                      The man is a pure genius.
                      His melodies are timeless.

                      Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      I've also argued this for years, but many people simply don't understand song construction. Ozzy Osbourne is one the most brilliant vocal melody architects to ever walk through the fields of popular music. Example after example of this are evident, yet some people seem to think that songs are comprised exclusively via instrumental arrangements, riffs, and so on ...

                      A vocal melody is the "make or break" of a "song."

                      When I listen to the vocals on something like "The Writ," I hear absolute, certified musical genius. I rate those ideas that highly. And unless info is forthcoming that Bill Ward sang those ideas one by one for Ozzy, I stand by the judgment that Ozzy Osbourne is the most underestimated musical icon of postmodern musical culture.

                      Comment


                      • "When I listen to the vocals on something like "The Writ," I hear absolute, certified musical genius. I rate those ideas that highly. And unless info is forthcoming that Bill Ward sang those ideas one by one for Ozzy, I stand by the judgment that Ozzy Osbourne is the most underestimated musical icon of postmodern musical culture."

                        Right on. Well stated. And I completely agree. The Writ is phenomenal. I am also highly impressed with Ozzy's work on A National Acrobat. Ozzy, often ridiculed as a loveable buffoon, is actually some kind of a musical genius. His body of work is absolutely brilliant.

                        Comment


                        • So we can all agree that there are little to no vocal tricks?

                          ---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

                          Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                          Geezer said in the New Zealand interview that the songs were written with Tommy on drums. But that Rick didn't want him on the album and they didn't make the switch till right before entering the studio.

                          Also said that he didn't write all the lyrics. He stated that it was a colaberation. He said

                          "like the old days Ozzy would come up with the title and roughly what the choruses would be, the subject matter. I filled in the rest. On four of the songs Ozzy did them all on his own."

                          Then Ozzy said something that sounded like "But Geezer is the true lyricist of Sabbath...(Pause and whisper) Asshole." Then everyone laughed.

                          Boom... as I have said for years WAY too many fans discount Ozzy writting contributions.

                          Now of course of the 4 he mentioned im sure that means 4 of the 16. Not 4 of the 8 on the album.
                          Lol so true. Haters always dismiss what he contributed

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            I've also argued this for years, but many people simply don't understand song construction. Ozzy Osbourne is one the most brilliant vocal melody architects to ever walk through the fields of popular music. Example after example of this are evident, yet some people seem to think that songs are comprised exclusively via instrumental arrangements, riffs, and so on ...

                            A vocal melody is the "make or break" of a "song."

                            When I listen to the vocals on something like "The Writ," I hear absolute, certified musical genius. I rate those ideas that highly. And unless info is forthcoming that Bill Ward sang those ideas one by one for Ozzy, I stand by the judgment that Ozzy Osbourne is the most underestimated musical icon of postmodern musical culture.
                            I agree. I've always loved the instances where Ozzy counters Tony's riffs with his vocal melodies. There are a few songs where Ozzy follows the riff and too many people focus on that, but listen to War Pigs, Ozzy stands toe to toe with Tony on that one (and numerous others). He really doesn't get the credit he deserves.
                            In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

                            Comment


                            • I loved the track! Classic Tony Iommi changes!!!!!!!
                              www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

                              www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

                              www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

                              Comment


                              • Anyone else surprised they aren't doing an exclusive I-tunes bonus track if you pre order 13? I am shocked by this. There are still 5 songs unaccounted for and I thought for sure one of them would be an exclusive Itunes track.

                                Here is the transcript from yesterday's radio interview. Some great stuff here by Ozzy.

                                http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...medium=twitter
                                Last edited by Drago; 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM.
                                Religion won't save me
                                The damage is done
                                The future has ended
                                Before it's begun
                                - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X