No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best songs are those that grow slowly.
    Every time I hear God is Dead? sounds better.
    What a wonderful music!
    Could not be better.
    It's just the old Sabbath in their best days.
    This is a great time to be a true fan of the masters of reality.
    We are facing a new classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
      The best songs are those that grow slowly.
      Every time I hear God is Dead? sounds better.
      What a wonderful music!
      Could not be better.
      It's just the old Sabbath in their best days.
      This is a great time to be a true fan of the masters of reality.
      We are facing a new classic.
      Yup, and Ozzy truly re-asserts himself as THE Sabbath frontman. He is amazing; the whole experience is amazing. He can't talk, or walk, but boy can he sing. There is truly no voice more compatible to this band.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• I was going to buy a vip for the toronto show but its sold out! What the fuck, when did they even go on sale?

Comment

• Exactly brother!
          Ozzy is the perfect singer for the sound of Sabbath.
          What a voice. What a tone!
          Naturally evil.
          This is Ozzy we want to hear.
          This is Sabbath we want to hear!!!!

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
          Yup, and Ozzy truly re-asserts himself as THE Sabbath frontman. He is amazing; the whole experience is amazing. He can't talk, or walk, but boy can he sing. There is truly no voice more compatible to this band.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
            So we can all agree that there are little to no vocal tricks?[COLOR="silver"]
            Yeah.. he said in another interview today that Rick Rubin came to him and told him you are not gonna do any song on this album you can't do live. He said in the studio on his last several records he would sing a verse take a break. Then do the chorus and so on. He said here they made a decision to keep them in range and that he was singing 4 or 5 hours everyday and actually was able to keep up.

The easier these songs are for Ozz to sing the less studio editing is gonna have to be used, the less rebotic he is gonna sound on this album. Great news!!

Also means they will likely play more than a few of these songs live. I will bet we get 3 or 4 of them once the album is released. Where as Ozzy last 3 or 4 solo albums he would do only the new single live then move on to the classics.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Went on sale on Thursday as far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozzyhead View Post
                Went on sale on Thursday as far as I know.
                On Ozzy's last tour vip tickets were listed with the regular tickets. I feel like i got screwed. A simple line that reads "VIP tickets on sale Thursday" would have sufficed. Eff you LiveNation
                Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• I thought the new song sounded great. I wanted to wait and download it first before hearing it but with all the talk about the song being slow and dragging for the first 6 minutes and all the mixed reviews i have read on the sabbath facebook and on blabbermouth, i thought id better listen to it first. Tony sounds great. Geezer sounds like a beast. The same way he sounded on TDYK. Brad sounded pretty good too. I dont think Bill could have done a better job. Ozzy sounded good too. The lyrics are very interesting. Im glad Geezer is writting them again.The only down side of the song is Tonys solo too short. It started out as a sweet blues solo then it just faded out. But he has done short solos before in SBS, Tomorrows dream and my least favorite solo Hole in the sky. In some songs he didnt play a solo at all and those were still classics. I listened to the song only once and i liked from start to finish. I give it about a 7. With all the negative comments i read on blabbarmouth(all they do is talk shit on there) I almost didnt buy the song. Im glad i did.
                  Last edited by scorpio 2000; 04-19-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Well I am in town now sitting at my work computer with only 2.5 hours till doors open

I have listened to God is Dead over 30 times Im sure since last night and I have butterflies in my stomach....25 years I have waited for this

I am proud to be a Sabbath fan

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                      I thought the new song sounded great. I wanted to wait and download it first before hearing it but with all the talk about the song being slow and dragging for the first 6 minutes and all the mixed reviews i have read on the sabbath facebook and on blabbermouth, i thought id better listen to it first. Tony sounds great. Geezer sounds like a beast. The same way he sounded on TDYK. Brad sounded pretty good too. I dont think Bill could have done a better job. Ozzy sounded good too. The lyrics are very interesting. Im glad Geezer is writting them again.The only down side of the song is Tonys solo too short. It started out as a sweet blues solo then it just faded out. But he has done short solos before in SBS, Tomorrows dream and my least favorite solo Hole in the sky. In some songs he didnt play a solo at all and those were still classics. I listened to the song only once and i liked from start to finish. I give it about a 7. With all the negative comments i read on blabbarmouth(all they do is talk shit on there) I almost didnt buy the song. Im glad i did.
                      Blabbermouth is full of cretins and losers. nobody ever gets banned no matter how inflammatory they get. Also the authors steal from this site quite often without giving proper credit.

Comment

• Great fuckin' song! Thank you Geezer for showing me how a bass guitar should sound nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post

I think Rick Rubin has an unhealthy obsession with this 'being real' in the studio, he's fanatical about it. Even in his hey day has Ozzy been able to recreate everything live? Has any vocalist been able to recreate things live consistently? People rave about Rubin because of his 'personality' more than anything, I don't think his results are anything to rave about. So if Rick is right, then Martin Birch or even George Martin is wrong for all the 'frills' he put on records? Less is not more most of the time.
                          Why do they call it taking a dump? You aren't taking it anywhere

Comment

• There are only two disappointing parts in the song; the guitar solo and the lyrics at the 6:30 mark: "nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, wondering if we will meet again on the other side". It just bugs me every time I hear it. The rest of the song is great lyric-wise.
                            Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                            Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                            Or do you deny, you're responsible
                            For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Ozzy does sound better than in years...his voice sounds natural and up-close...Ozzy is still in his own class, nothing can stop him. Prince Of Fucking Darkness.

Iommi is really spewing forth these heavyweight riffs and he does it with his usual power! The one and only IRON MAN. His bible of riffs is unquenchable. His sense of tasteful solos is still in prime. I can't believe it but it's true.

Geezer's bass lines are booming and rattling along his unique trails and grooves, he provides a fool proof and solid rhythm bottom.

Wilks' drumming has a suitable combination of sharpness and airy feel in the same package, he's giving a good drive for this song. I doubt that anyone could be missing anything in his playing for this song, I think his delivery fits good for this song as it is. Many people are already hoping to see and hear Wilks play this live instead of anyone else.

I love the finely crafted, gloomy leaden sky above a blackened earth, a landscape that only Black Sabbath can paint. This almost 9-minute epic sails its voyage from the beginning to the end effortlessly, the first 6 minutes rushing forward with moods of doom, time flying by faster than one would think, then the latter part of the song rocks and rolls with a great vibe before returning for a final heavy slab of riffs. This song is just about a perfect representation of Black Sabbath as it can be. When it's a question of heavy and black-breathing metal, Black Sabbath are the kings of the trade. Black Sabbath are not trying to be anything or to prove anything, Black Sabbath just are what they are, themselves – original masters of heavyness and darkness.

If we make a comparison – I mean IF – then there's nothing groundbreaking musically in this song compared to any of the songs found on the album ”The Devil You Know” which has a multitude of similarly heavy and dark material as well. What's definitely groundbreaking here is that Black Sabbath are still in existence, they went through the fires and obstacles and now we are finally getting a whole new album from this lineup as well. It's also amazing how they keep coming up with this kind of power and grace, sense of style and atmosphere, second to none.

By this new release, Black Sabbath will drive their career to the finish line with a glorious and forceful manner, without doubt. They are showing the world of heavy metal once more as to who were and are still the masters of this business.

I'm really feeling satisfied with all of this. I got the floor ticket and the bus ticket secured, I'm listening to a great new song and waiting for the new album to be released.

The main event is scheduled exactly 7 months from today.
                              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                                My third listen so far, and it is certainly better than the Reunion tracks.

The feel is that of Reunion + Tony Martin era + Sabbath Bloody Sabbath + Sabotage.

Tony on the verse = Reunion

Tony on the Chorus = Tony Martin

Main riff - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

When God and Satan verse: Ozzy = After All (the Dead)

Fast riff - Sabotage

The mood of the song is very Reunion. The mood is like Sabbath moved on from doomy music of old to depressive music, it has more of a feeling of personal gloom. The same feeling of something creeping in the dark.
                                Rather than sounding like one or two of their albums, I'd say the song is a fusion of all the Sabbath albums.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

The hysteria is gone, but damn, the more I listen to it, the more details I get. It really is incredible that Rick Rubin makes Geezer's sound clear, audible and heavy. IMO such is an important element in making a metal album sound real heavy.

Now we have a song that sounds really amazing, I wonder if we would have the same feeling when listening to it as a part of the whole album.
                                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                                Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X