No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony's playing in the song's intro reminds me of 'Eternal Idol' (the song, not the album).
    Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
    Do you think of all the pain from your lies
    Or do you deny, you're responsible
    For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
      Tony's playing in the song's intro reminds me of 'Eternal Idol' (the song, not the album).
      It reminds me of The Sign of the Southern Cross. Don't know why.

Comment

• I truly like the two songs from the album I have heard -- best Sabbath since Dehumanizer in my opinion.

Comment

• Already at number 7 on the Amazon chart.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-m...f=pd_dp_ts_m_1

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
            Already at number 7 on the Amazon chart.

Make that #6!

And #1 Hard Rock/Metal
            http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-M...g_bs_nav_m_1_m

And God is Dead? is #1 Rock single
            http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-M...al-music-track[COLOR="silver"]
            Last edited by WallOfSleep; 04-20-2013, 09:06 PM.
            In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
              Tony's playing in the song's intro reminds me of 'Eternal Idol' (the song, not the album).
              Yeah I agree, thought of that as well. Really nice to hear Ozzy sing over a tune that is influenced by Martin-era songwriting :D

Btw, how wonderful wouldn't it be if they actually played Eternal Idol live on the tour. I know, it will NEVER happen, but it would certainly be really cool, and I actually believe it would fit in nicely.
              "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
              -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
              - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
              http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

• I was just thinking... Kinda sad but we are now at the point were we just have to be patient and wait for the album to be released. We have the single, artwork, track list, tour set list and tour drummer. The only thing missing is more North American tour dates.
                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                  I was just thinking... Kinda sad but we are now at the point were we just have to be patient and wait for the album to be released. We have the single, artwork, track list, tour set list and tour drummer. The only thing missing is more North American tour dates.
                  Those dates will come soon! 4 or 5 dates extra.

And probably they will release more information about the way those other 5 songs will be releases. And hopefully more songs for the bonusdisc on the deluxe edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
                    Already at number 7 on the Amazon chart.

I just checked! 13 is now in the 13th chart position.

Comment

• Record sales mean jack shit these days

Comment

• I went away for the weekend and just got home. I had not listened to God is Dead? since Friday, and I just heard it again with fresh ears.......my goodness is it incredible! Tony, Geezer and Ozzy are utterly fantastic. The lyrics are amazing and clearly speak to the question of faith (in God), belief, internal struggle, secularism, Psalm 13, and Judgement Day (red rain, red rivers, wine (blood of Christ), bread (body of Christ), etc), although interpretation is always somewhat subjective. Just brilliant overall. It really became clear to me that I had learned to settle for second best in Ozzy's very extended absence, without realizing it, but now there is no doubt in my mind as to who owns the role of Sabbath frontman. This takes me back to so many fond memories of listening to Sabbath as a kid, some 35+ years ago. It's hard to believe that I am going to be able to relive some of those moments again with Ozzy at the helm. If Page and company would step up, I would never want for anything musical again (well maybe Gilmour and the lads, but that's it).

More N.A. tour dates are soon to be announced.

I doubt that they do, but I hope the Sabbath guys take a peak at this website from time to time, because I want to personally thank them for making this happen for us; and of course Joe as well, for giving us this great venue.
                        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-21-2013, 10:05 PM.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          I went away for the weekend and just got home. I had not listened to God is Dead? since Friday, and I just heard it again with fresh ears.......my goodness is it incredible! Tony, Geezer and Ozzy are utterly fantastic. The lyrics are amazing and clearly speak to the question of faith (in God), belief, internal struggle, secularism, Psalm 13, and Judgement Day (red rain, red rivers, wine (blood of Christ), bread (body of Christ), etc), although interpretation is always somewhat subjective. Just brilliant overall. It really became clear to me that I had learned to settle for second best in Ozzy's very extended absence, without realizing it, but now there is no doubt in my mind as to who owns the role of Sabbath frontman. This takes me back to so many fond memories of listening to Sabbath as a kid, some 35+ years ago. It's hard to believe that I am going to be able to relive some of those moments again with Ozzy at the helm. If Page and company would step up, I would never want for anything musical again (well maybe Gilmour and the lads, but that's it).

More N.A. tour dates are soon to be announced.

I doubt that they do, but I hope the Sabbath guys take a peak at this website from time to time, because I want to personally thank them for making this happen for us; and of course Joe as well, for giving us this great venue.

Very much agreed.

Btw, if you haven't listened to the live clip of "End of the Beginning" then prepare to be blown away a second time!
                          "...live for today, tomorrow never comes..."

Comment

It really became clear to me that I had learned to settle for second best in Ozzy's very extended absence, without realizing it, but now there is no doubt in my mind as to who owns the role of Sabbath frontman. This takes me back to so many fond memories of listening to Sabbath as a kid, some 35+ years ago. It's hard to believe that I am going to be able to relive some of those moments again with Ozzy at the helm. If Page and company would step up, I would never want for anything musical again (well maybe Gilmour and the lads, but that's it).
                            Was there really ever any doubt Now in Darkness? Ozzy is the man and the only true frontman of Sabbath, Dio did a good job but no one else captures that magic like Ozzy.

It's funny you mention Zeppelin, I mentioned them in a prior post on how they reunited but didn't bother to put out an album for their loyal fans who would've cut their right arm off to get one.
                            Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-22-2013, 12:16 AM.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              Was there really ever any doubt Now in Darkness? Ozzy is the man and the only true frontman of Sabbath, Dio did a good job but no one else captures that magic like Ozzy.

It's funny you mention Zeppelin, I mentioned them in a prior post on how they reunited but didn't bother to put out an album for their loyal fans who would've cut their right arm off to get one.
                              OID, you make a good point; there wasn't much doubt, but there was some doubt that the new music would not satisfy as hoped. So far I am very happy indeed. As for Led Zeppelin, one of my favorite bands of all time, we can fully and completely thank Robert Plant for the fact that Led Zeppelin did not take off again after O2. I doubt we will ever see a new album from them. They've been disbanded for 33 years now, and it seems like Yesterday that Bonham died. Oh well, we have Sabbath to keep us satiated. I predict an amazing new album after what I have heard so far!
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

OID, you make a good point; there wasn't much doubt, but there was some doubt that the new music would not satisfy as hoped. So far I am very happy indeed. As for Led Zeppelin, one of my favorite bands of all time, we can fully and completely thank Robert Plant for the fact that Led Zeppelin did not take off again after O2. I doubt we will ever see a new album from them. They've been disbanded for 33 years now, and it seems like Yesterday that Bonham died. Oh well, we have Sabbath to keep us satiated. I predict an amazing new album after what I have heard so far!
                                I know it was Robert Plant's doing, the others were up for it, but Robert Plant was too busy being artistic or whatever you want to call it, hanging out with Alison Krauss.

But yes we have Sabbath to contend with, the two songs I've heard so far are pure Sabbath, can't wait for June 11th to hear the rest of the album in full.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X