New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I know it was Robert Plant's doing, the others were up for it, but Robert Plant was too busy being artistic or whatever you want to call it, hanging out with Alison Krauss.

But yes we have Sabbath to contend with, the two songs I've heard so far are pure Sabbath, can't wait for June 11th to hear the rest of the album in full.
    OID, I've only heard God is Dead? so far, and I am going to try and avoid hearing anything else from "13" for now. Mrs Now in Darkness and I have a plan to listen to this album together when it comes out; sort of an event night, and we are going to try and make it special. She loves the new song as much as I do. I actually caught her dancing to the last half today, if you can believe it!
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
      I went away for the weekend and just got home. I had not listened to God is Dead? since Friday, and I just heard it again with fresh ears.......my goodness is it incredible! Tony, Geezer and Ozzy are utterly fantastic. The lyrics are amazing and clearly speak to the question of faith (in God), belief, internal struggle, secularism, Psalm 13, and Judgement Day (red rain, red rivers, wine (blood of Christ), bread (body of Christ), etc), although interpretation is always somewhat subjective. Just brilliant overall. It really became clear to me that I had learned to settle for second best in Ozzy's very extended absence, without realizing it, but now there is no doubt in my mind as to who owns the role of Sabbath frontman. This takes me back to so many fond memories of listening to Sabbath as a kid, some 35+ years ago. It's hard to believe that I am going to be able to relive some of those moments again with Ozzy at the helm. If Page and company would step up, I would never want for anything musical again (well maybe Gilmour and the lads, but that's it).

More N.A. tour dates are soon to be announced.

I doubt that they do, but I hope the Sabbath guys take a peak at this website from time to time, because I want to personally thank them for making this happen for us; and of course Joe as well, for giving us this great venue.
      Yep Wiz, I keep saying the same thing the more you listen to it, the more epic it becomes...!
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

• I asked Adam Wakeman what his favorite song on the new album was and he told me that other than END OF THE BEGINNING and GOD IS DEAD? he has only heard that album 1 time. He then said "Its that secret".

You talk about keeping an album on lockdown.. My lord!!
        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• "chart position" is misleading since it's Amazon sales, I mean, Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" is no.2... 1885 days on the charts... But it's good to see it being recognized.. does anyone have FM/XM radio chart position info?
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            Was there really ever any doubt Now in Darkness? Ozzy is the man and the only true frontman of Sabbath, Dio did a good job but no one else captures that magic like Ozzy..
            By saying this repeatedly doesn't make it so, ya know? Oye! Ozzy fans why I oughtta...

So let me fix this for you, son:

"Ozzy is the man! and the original frontman of Sabbath, Dio did a great job and was someone else that captures a different kind of magic than ozzy"

If you have a problem with that, try this: "Dio is superior to Ozzy in every musical aspect"

You can choose between the two but theyz ain't no third option, g.

...easy now folks. take a deep breath...
            Last edited by YADF; 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
              By saying this repeatedly doesn't make it so, ya know? Oye! Ozzy fans why I oughtta...

"Ozzy is the man! and the original frontman of Sabbath, Dio did a great job and was someone else that captures a different kind of magic than ozzy"

If you have a problem with that, try this: "Dio is superior to Ozzy in every musical aspect"

Dude, let him have his opinion, as you can have yours. Some of you prefer one of them, some of us know who's right...
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til Šrs ok friūar ok forn siūr

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post

Obsess much?

Comment

• ^^^^
                  pfffff , as a fan of Ozzy , Dio , Gillan , Hughes , Martin , THIS is an endless and boring conflict , really . Off topic
                  Next
                  ...and enjoy "13"

Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                    ^^^^
                    pfffff , as a fan of Ozzy , Dio , Gillan , Hughes , Martin , THIS is an endless and boring conflict , really . Off topic
                    Next
                    ...and enjoy "13"
                    Totally agree... BORING..! ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

• X5. What's funny to note is that nobody has been able to start an Ozzy/ Dio debate since God is Dead? was released. The song, and singer, speak for themselves. There is nothing to debate anymore. Let's move on to celebrating Black Sabbath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                        X5. What's funny to note is that nobody has been able to start an Ozzy/ Dio debate since God is Dead? was released. The song, and singer, speak for themselves. There is nothing to debate anymore. Let's move on to celebrating Black Sabbath.
                        And why on earth should someone have to start one? I don't get it.

That is one probably one of the reasons Joe is contemplating on shutting the forums down for good...For heaven's sake leave that kind of shit alone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post

That is one probably one of the reasons Joe is contemplating on shutting the forums down for good...For heaven's sake leave that kind of shit alone...
                          Nobody should start a debate, but the same old group tries incessantly to do just that. I need not name names, as they are obvious to everyone. Sabbath fans just aren't taking the bait these days; probably because the evidence provided in the new song speaks for itself. I couldn't agree with you more: to debate is not only wrong, but after hearing the new song, any debate would be purely academic for many. OID did compliment Dio in his post, so how did he end up being ridiculed as a result? On to celebrating Black Sabbath please.
                          Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-22-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Joe is pretty liberal when it comes to policing this site, a little too liberal IMO, but it's his site, his rules... I've been on other sites where trolls are not even given a warning, puff.. one minute they're here, next min. they're gone! I think a fair warning or 2 at the most is good...
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

• To change the subject from the singer-debate and the drummer-debate to 13:
                              Will there be more songs on the deluxe edition? They've announced 11 songs, but they don't say that those extra 3 songs will be on disc 2. This makes me think that they still have to complete the bonus disc, before they will tell the precise tracklisting for disc 1 and 2. Probably disc 1 will 'just' consist of the 8 songs of the normal album, but what about disc 2. Maybe demo's? Maybe songs they recorded earlier but were never released? Maybe livetracks from the shows they are playing right now? Maybe livetracks from the Birmingham/Download/Lollapalloozaa (or something) shows? Maybe nothing? Maybe some covertracks of Boney M and Village People songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                                Dude, let him have his opinion, as you can have yours. Some of you prefer one of them, some of us know who's right...
                                Dude, lighten up. I just find it amusing that Ozz fans seem to have this incessant need to bring up Dio and TDYK (or say "Ozzy only" or Ozzy is the best for Sabbath, etc...) over and over again. Can't I have a little fun in response? I've yet to see anyone cry "foul" when folks like OID "start" the Ozzy vs Dio thing.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Originally posted by Charger View Post

Charger, with all due respect I think you are taking it waaaaaay too serious. If you read my response to OID you will see it was in good taste.

Has the sensitivity police noticed how many times since the new single has been out Ozz fans have given their negative opinions on TDYK and/or Dio? So I give a pro Dio opinion and it's a big deal? Chill out and if Joe or Damian are reading this...not sure what went on in the past but I haven't witnessed any hard feelings or "fights" since I joined

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                                X5. What's funny to note is that nobody has been able to start an Ozzy/ Dio debate since God is Dead? was released. The song, and singer, speak for themselves. There is nothing to debate anymore. Let's move on to celebrating Black Sabbath.
                                That's just because Dio fans aren't the ones to start the fire but now that you mention it. "God Is Dead" is a very mediocre track that is well beneath most of what's on "TDYK". That's my opinion. I will be skipping "Dead" on the new CD I'm sure. You're other post about OID not mentioning "Dio" just strains credulity. Got nothing against OID but his posts are riddle with "Ozzy only" propaganda and THAT IS HIS RIGHT but am I not allowed to be playful in retort?
                                Last edited by YADF; 04-22-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X