No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't really directing my post to you YADF either...it was more of a general comment.

Some people here seem to want to cause trouble and stirr things up with bringing the Ozzy vs Ronnie debate for no other reason that to start flaming at the responses. Which is not nice and such things should not go on around here.

Opinions are opinions and they need to be respected even if not shared. That is a lesson that some of the more agressive posters here (don't need to name names you know who you are) need to learn. Conversation can be carried out without name calling and and flaming...

That's all I was trying to convey here.

Now moving and time to bring things back on topic for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
      It's interesting how a party, mostly the Oz side - are constantly trying to show they're above it all, and how they're objective, impartial, others are trolls etc. People should be able to criticize either Dio or Oz, without being told that it's 'bashing'. Ofcourse you have to make comparisons across eras and singers. I thought OID made his point and he didn't bash Dio in order to do it. Now if only Dio or Gillan fans can do the same without the Oz fans jumping on them for it. Sycophancy is not an attractive trait in people and no one in Sabbath will hand out gold stars for it. Or a signable contract.
      Oh stop it, if everyone thought like that 90% of the discussions on this forum would die
      "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
      -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
      - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
      http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
        I thought OID made his point and he didn't bash Dio in order to do it.
        I agree. OID didn't bash Dio and I didn't bash either Ozzy or OID for the record. It's just that if OID feels the need to say "Ozzy is the only true Sabbath frontman" ON A PUBLIC FORUM I may feel the need to disagree. And I get called out? Now In Darkness, please, read your comments and ask yourself if maybe you were taking a jab at me? I don't mind it though. I can take it.

What good is a forum if people don't have different opinions and aren't allowed to respond to opinions? How boring it would be if all we ever read was "oh yeah Ozzy is god. Dio too and you gotta love Tony, Glenn and Ian. Everything is great. Every album is a masterpiece. Sabbath invented music."

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
          I will be skipping "Dead" on the new CD I'm sure. Got nothing against OID but his posts are riddle with "Ozzy only" propaganda and THAT IS HIS RIGHT but am I not allowed to be playful in retort?
          This is fair comment. I disagree, but I respect your opinion, and your right to share it. The Ozzy/ Dio debate has no end. To have a favorite is fair, to make it personal is wrong. I happen to know that OID loves Dio, much more than I do. He actually complimented Dio, but was still critiqued for not putting Dio as his favorite singer, presumably. It takes two to tango, but for goodness sake, can we not celebrate the new Sabbath album, with Ozzy, without creating hard feelings for some Dio enthusiast? I have avoided these debates, and I am stepping out of this one. There is a fan for every Sabbath singer; they are all great in many ways. Yes, Dio was great, but Ozzy is the frontman of today, and was the original voice of Sabbath. It's okay for both Ozzy and Dio to be great, and appeal to different folks for different reasons. Let's call it a day on this folks. Peace to all Sabbath fans; that is why we are really here. Carry on.
          Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-22-2013, 01:24 PM.
          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
            This is fair comment. I disagree, but I respect your opinion, and your right to share it. The Ozzy/ Dio debate has no end. To have a favorite is fair, to make it so personal is wrong. I happen to know that OID loves Dio, much more than I do. He actually complimented Dio, but was still critiqued for not putting Dio as his favorite singer. It takes two to tango, but for goodness sake, can we not celebrate the new Sabbath album, with Ozzy, without creating hard feelings for some Dio enthusiast?
            Of course! But OID must know that saying "Ozzy is the only true frontman for Black Sabbath" is just begging for a response. LOL. It's one thing to say "Ozzy is the best ever" but to say he is "the only TRUE frontman for Sabbath" is kinda provocative, ya know? My feelings aren't hurt. I don't get offended. I was just being playful in my reply. Sheesh I thought my post was cute. All in all props and peace to you, Charger, Ron Paul, Billy Underdog and Ozzy is Dio on this.

But, man, come on DIO IS THE GREATEST HUMAN THAT EVER WALKED THE EARTH SINCE JESUS OF NAZARETH! (insert wink here)
            Last edited by YADF; 04-22-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
              Of course! But OID must know that saying "Ozzy is the only true frontman for Black Sabbath" is just begging for a response. LOL. It's one thing to say "Ozzy is the best ever" but to say he is "the only TRUE frontman for Sabbath" is kinda provocative, ya know? My feelings aren't hurt. I don't get offended. I was just being playful in my reply. Sheesh I thought my post was cute. All in all props and peace to you, Charger, Ron Paul, Billy Underdog and Ozzy is Dio on this.

But, man, come on DIO IS THE GREATEST HUMAN THAT EVER WALKED THE EARTH SINCE JESUS OF ZAZARETH! (insert wink here)
              Peace, brother. I DID get the cuteness in your post though. But still, if someone dare say Ozzy's the only one, that person is really sticking their neck out, though if someone says Dio is the only one, noone will even raise an eyebrow. Belive me, i've been experiencing that from day one... It's just a fact, and thats why i felt i had to stick up for OiD.
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                Peace, brother. I DID get the cuteness in your post though. But still, if someone dare say Ozzy's the only one, that person is really sticking their neck out, though if someone says Dio is the only one, noone will even raise an eyebrow. Belive me, i've been experiencing that from day one... It's just a fact, and thats why i felt i had to stick up for OiD.
                I suspect that you are refering to this forum only. In the outside world it is rather the rule that only the Ozzy era matters, or perhaps "first 6 + H&H" if someone considers themselves a die-hard fan (yes I know its laughable but live and let live). Most people are like "well the first two were great and some of the other Ozzy stuff is nice as well". I've heard of one person so far who only listens to the Tony Martin era, I thought that was just a fairy tale for a long time... The Ozzy-only people far outnumber any other group, after all he was with the band for the first 10 years, so it's not a surprise at all.

What you notice is probably the result of that everyone loves the underdog, especially on forums like this one where most people are extremely... lets call it educated in the band :D
                Last edited by Josef_K; 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM.
                "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

• Okay, I get it. I admire your passion (YADF) for Black Sabbath, as I do OID's. Keep the faith.
                  Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-22-2013, 02:01 PM.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
                    I suspect that you are refering to this forum only. In the outside world it is rather the rule that only the Ozzy era matters, or perhaps "first 6 + H&H" if someone considers themselves a die-hard fan (yes I know its laughable but live and let live). Most people are like "well the first two were great and some of the other Ozzy stuff is nice as well". I've heard of one person so far who only listens to the Tony Martin era, I thought that was just a fairy tale for a long time... The Ozzy-only people far outnumber any other group, after all he was with the band for the first 10 years, so it's not a surprise at all.

What you notice is probably the result of that everyone loves the underdog, especially on forums like this one where most people are extremely... lets call it educated in the band :D

Yes, refering to this forum. Are there others?
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• I think if you polled most BS fans, they like both Ozzy and Dio... I know I do, I think they are the 2 most unique metal singers, the 2 best, and their music within BS is totally different.. their sound is completely different, their phrasing, the music that comes out of it..totally 180 degrees out form each other...it's really apples to oranges... 2 distincly different sounding bands...Ozzy/Dio...I'll always list Ozzy as my no.1 BS singer because he came first, and was part of the original 4... and I didn't "discover them" while listening to Born Again or some other BS reincarnation... they WERE Black Sabbath... Iommi/Osbourne/Butler/Ward...and there are some fans who never followed BS after the original 4 split... but in the end it's tedious to compare and snipe at eachother for liking one or the other or comparing TDYK to an album we've only heard 1 song from... or any other Sab vs Sab record or member... we should all be thrilled we are getting new and what I've heard so far, excellent new music from one of the best bands of all time and the original heavy metal band before anyone even knew what metal was... but, like most things humans do, we screw it up, and bitch and fight.. and end up ruining a good thing... what else is new..?
                      "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Top Rock track iTunes USA...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                          ... we should all be thrilled we are getting new and what I've heard so far, excellent new music from one of the best bands of all time and the original heavy metal band before anyone even knew what metal was...
                          Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyymen (is it June yet?)

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                          Top Rock track iTunes USA...

But look at #3 the words Black Sabbath should never appear within 100 miles of anything Journey-related dagnabbit!

Comment

• It doesnt matter. All that matters is that #1 is a fucking kickass song.

Comment

• And Journey's Don't Stop Believing has beed there 1885 + days! Maybe God is dead!?!
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                                OID, I've only heard God is Dead? so far, and I am going to try and avoid hearing anything else from "13" for now. Mrs Now in Darkness and I have a plan to listen to this album together when it comes out; sort of an event night, and we are going to try and make it special. She loves the new song as much as I do. I actually caught her dancing to the last half today, if you can believe it!
                                Glad to hear you have a special night planned for the new album, and even happier tha Mrs. NID, is enjoying the new song as well.

Cheers my good friend, Sabbath is always special!

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                                I think if you polled most BS fans, they like both Ozzy and Dio... I know I do, I think they are the 2 most unique metal singers, the 2 best, and their music within BS is totally different.. their sound is completely different, their phrasing, the music that comes out of it..totally 180 degrees out form each other...it's really apples to oranges... 2 distincly different sounding bands...Ozzy/Dio...I'll always list Ozzy as my no.1 BS singer because he came first, and was part of the original 4... and I didn't "discover them" while listening to Born Again or some other BS reincarnation... they WERE Black Sabbath... Iommi/Osbourne/Butler/Ward...and there are some fans who never followed BS after the original 4 split... but in the end it's tedious to compare and snipe at eachother for liking one or the other or comparing TDYK to an album we've only heard 1 song from... or any other Sab vs Sab record or member... we should all be thrilled we are getting new and what I've heard so far, excellent new music from one of the best bands of all time and the original heavy metal band before anyone even knew what metal was... but, like most things humans do, we screw it up, and bitch and fight.. and end up ruining a good thing... what else is new..?
                                I couldn't have said it better myself, and yes I like both Ozzy and Dio, they are both very different, I love the Dio era, but I have to pick Ozzy as my favorite, because like you said, he was first and made Sabbath what it was with his unique voice, and after came Ronnie James Dio, and kept Sabbath on top of the Rock-n-Roll world!
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X