New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

I couldn't have said it better myself, and yes I like both Ozzy and Dio, they are both very different, I love the Dio era, but I have to pick Ozzy as my favorite, because like you said, he was first and made Sabbath what it was with his unique voice, and after came Ronnie James Dio, and kept Sabbath on top of the Rock-n-Roll world!
    Just think of all the nonsensical arguments that could have been avoided had the Dio fronted version been called Heaven & Hell right from the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by mds View Post
      Just think of all the nonsensical arguments that could have been avoided had the Dio fronted version been called Heaven & Hell right from the start.
      That is very true, but most likely the record company wouldn't have allowed it.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Yeah the Dio-fronted Sabbath should've gone with their proposed name: "Better Black Sabbath"

haha

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
          Yeah the Dio-fronted Sabbath should've gone with their proposed name: "Better Black Sabbath"

haha

Black Sabbath was and is Ozzy, Dio the great legend and person he was God rest his soul, kept Sabbath going after Ozzy.

Ozzy is back where he belongs, and continuing the Sabbath legacy he started!
          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Tony has said a number of times they did want change the bands name back then but the record company said No.

Comment

• Calm down gentlemen!,

Anyway your all wrong. BILL WARD was the greatest sabbath singer
              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• 13 will be out on June 11th and prophecy will be fulfilled!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                  Haha. That's a good one! You're right, he could sing better than Dio and Ozzy, but he couldn't drum worth beans!
                  Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post

Haha. That's a good one! You're right, he could sing better than Dio and Ozzy, but he couldn't drum worth beans!
                    He was a decent singer. Would have been interesting if they pulled a Genesis back in 79

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                      He was a decent singer. Would have been interesting if they pulled a Genesis back in 79
                      Hopefully Bill wouldn't have been a fruit loop like Phil Collins. And yes, Bill was a great drummer; love his swinging style. The only rock drummer that I thought could swing better was Mitch Mitchell (RIP). Bonham was equally amazing in a different way, of course.

I am quite impressed with Brad Wilk so far, but GID didn't really require him to go out on a limb. He certainly honored the Sabbath drum style though, and he seems like a great fit with the band. I guess I am wrong about that though, since he is nowhere to be found now. I wonder if they committed him to a gag order during his employment and beyond?
                      Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-22-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                        Damian is here and will be angry!!!
                        LOL! He's here, but not angry. And not surprised, either. Hey, we warned everyone several times about bans coming. Letting the topic drift is one thing, but calling each other stupid and offering baby pacifiers just screams "Ban Me"! We hear you, and we oblige.
                        Damian
                        Super Moderator
                        Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                          Calm down gentlemen!,

Damian is here and will be angry!!!

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I thought I quoted the wrong post and deleted it, and reposted it when I realized it was the correct one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
                            LOL! He's here, but not angry. And not surprised, either. Hey, we warned everyone several times about bans coming. Letting the topic drift is one thing, but calling each other stupid and offering baby pacifiers just screams "Ban Me"! We hear you, and we oblige.
                            Good stuff. On another note Damian, any insight into your thoughts about God is Dead? You have been conspicuous in your absence on this topic. Curious to know.

Comment

• Guys , were suppose to be a Sabbath family... And now YADF and BILLY got banned , makes me want to cry , were suppose to all be in support of the same thing , and support each other....

Damian , I KNOW that hurt them , please give them both another chance my good brother...

God bless

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                Guys , were suppose to be a Sabbath family... And now YADF and BILLY got banned , makes me want to cry , were suppose to all be in support of the same thing , and support each other....

Damian , I KNOW that hurt them , please give them both another chance my good brother...

God bless
                                They got a whole 24 hour ban. Slap on the wrist, but they should know the next one will be longer if they go at it again.
                                Damian
                                Super Moderator
                                Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Working...
                                X