No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yadf did actually send me a private message just before he got banned saying he found the bill ward joke funny and that he was gonna ease up on the playing up, just read it about 2 min ago. Maybe another chance?

Edit- just seen your 24 hr only ban post. Cool.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post

Good stuff. On another note Damian, any insight into your thoughts about God is Dead? You have been conspicuous in your absence on this topic. Curious to know.
      I've chatted with Joe and I'm mulling waiting until I hear the whole album. I'd like to think of God is Dead as a piece of the bigger picture, the creation of the album, and it's not fair to judge it as a stand alone product, even though it was definitely offered to us as such. My big question is what were the factors that led management to pick this song as the first single? What's the mindset? Why does God Is Dead set the tone for 13 over End of the Beginning or the hotly-anticipated Age of Reason? Anyway, I thought I would have figured some of it out by now, but I'm still sorting through it all.
      Damian
      Super Moderator
      Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
        I've chatted with Joe and I'm mulling waiting until I hear the whole album. I'd like to think of God is Dead as a piece of the bigger picture, the creation of the album, and it's not fair to judge it as a stand alone product, even though it was definitely offered to us as such. My big question is what were the factors that led management to pick this song as the first single? What's the mindset? Why does God Is Dead set the tone for 13 over End of the Beginning or the hotly-anticipated Age of Reason? Anyway, I thought I would have figured some of it out by now, but I'm still sorting through it all.
        Fair enough. I am not fortunate enough to have some of the insight that you (presumably) and Joe have about this album, but my uniformed guess is that God is Dead? ties in with the album title of "13". If so, then I would also assume that is why it was chosen to lead as a single. I doubt that this will be the strongest song on the album, but I do suspect that it will be the most topical in the context of the entire package and album title. It has been suggested that "13" was a working title, and that it had no meaning at all. At first I thought there might be something to that theory, but now I strongly disagree with it. I think that the marketing, and build-up has been far too calculated and suspenseful to leave the album title to chance; there is just no way. Also, the lads have been hinting that this could be the end of the road for them, and if that is the case, I doubt that they would just stumble through this project haphazardly; maybe in 1979, but not today. I am sure that there is a meaning to every move they play toward the release of this album.

I happen to really like God is Dead, and I think the "Right!" that Ozzy yells just before the solo is so masterful, as silly as that may sound. It is truly a subtle, but important connection to the Sabbath of old. Not overdone (as in only one), but not understated either. Much like the end of Faireis Wear Boots....Yaaaaahhhhhh. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear your opinion when the time comes. Happy times for Sabbath fans, and at the end of the day, this experience comes down to what we make it. I may love the album, and I may not, only time will tell; but nobody is going to ruin this experience for me. It has been too long in the making.
        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM.
        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post

Yeah the Dio-fronted Sabbath should've gone with their proposed name: "Better Black Sabbath"

haha
          Na na na na!

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
            I'd like to think of God is Dead as a piece of the bigger picture, the creation of the album, and it's not fair to judge it as a stand alone product, even though it was definitely offered to us as such.
            This is more or less my exact feeling too. At first, I was just blown away. The initial rush was incredible while tuning into Sirius. I still really enjoy the track, but now I'm sitting back, really absorbing it and wondering how much more they have in store. I mean...there are 15 MORE RECORDED TRACKS! This is a really small fraction of what awaits. God Is Dead? alone can't possibly dictate my emotions on the grand scheme of what they've potentially put together. Furthermore, the initial single tends to be one of my least favorite tracks 9 out of 10 times with any full scale release.
            ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

I happen to really like God is Dead, and I think the "Right!" that Ozzy yells just before the solo is so masterful, as silly as that may sound. It is truly a subtle, but important connection to the Sabbath of old. Not overdone (as in only one), but not understated either. .
              Agree 100% I have had the exact same feeling every since the first time I heard it. I also get the same "sabbath of old" vibe on End Of the Beginning when Ozzy sings the "oh yeah, all right" part before Tonys outro guitar solo.

Sabbath always had those little moments in songs. It's part of what always made ozzy so loveable to the fans. "OH YEAH"
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Anybody else think that it's kind of a joke the way "End Of The Beginning" is being offered to people at this point? I mean, on Facebook, all kinds of magazines are posting about it and asking for comments.

It's like: Uh ... guys? This is a recording someone made from a huge arena on a phone. It's fine for committed fans to find it on Youtube, but to spread it as if it is actually some way to judge the new album and ask just anybody for an opinion?

Times have changed ...
                Last edited by Jeff; 04-23-2013, 12:15 AM.
                "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                -WTB

Comment

• It's hard to actually say whether End of the Beginning is really great...
                  The video quality is not high so we can't hear Geezer's bass, Tony's guitar is muddy, Ozzy might did some mistakes on the song, and we don't know how Brad plays the song.
                  Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                  Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                  In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                  The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• 3 Extra tracks are named here. What is this special edition, where will it be available? http://www.nme.com/news/black-sabbath/69825

Comment

• Originally posted by revporl View Post
                      3 Extra tracks are named here. What is this special edition, where will it be available? http://www.nme.com/news/black-sabbath/69825
                      Check the news/main page!

Comment

Fair enough. I am not fortunate enough to have some of the insight that you (presumably) and Joe have about this album, but my uniformed guess is that God is Dead? ties in with the album title of "13". If so, then I would also assume that is why it was chosen to lead as a single. I doubt that this will be the strongest song on the album, but I do suspect that it will be the most topical in the context of the entire package and album title. It has been suggested that "13" was a working title, and that it had no meaning at all. At first I thought there might be something to that theory, but now I strongly disagree with it. I think that the marketing, and build-up has been far too calculated and suspenseful to leave the album title to chance; there is just no way. Also, the lads have been hinting that this could be the end of the road for them, and if that is the case, I doubt that they would just stumble through this project haphazardly; maybe in 1979, but not today. I am sure that there is a meaning to every move they play toward the release of this album.

I happen to really like God is Dead, and I think the "Right!" that Ozzy yells just before the solo is so masterful, as silly as that may sound. It is truly a subtle, but important connection to the Sabbath of old. Not overdone (as in only one), but not understated either. Much like the end of Faireis Wear Boots....Yaaaaahhhhhh. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear your opinion when the time comes. Happy times for Sabbath fans, and at the end of the day, this experience comes down to what we make it. I may love the album, and I may not, only time will tell; but nobody is going to ruin this experience for me. It has been too long in the making.
                        Exactly what I thought when I heard the "right!" by Ozz... reminded me of the old Sabbath "oh yea baby.." Ozzy sounds "real" for the first time in a long time.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                        Agree 100% I have had the exact same feeling every since the first time I heard it. I also get the same "sabbath of old" vibe on End Of the Beginning when Ozzy sings the "oh yeah, all right" part before Tonys outro guitar solo.

Sabbath always had those little moments in songs. It's part of what always made ozzy so loveable to the fans. "OH YEAH"
                        Exactly! Must be us "old timers.." pick up on that... LOL. ABSOLUTLY, the "OH YEAAA BABY'S", "ALL RIGHT's.." harken back to the geuine originals...
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                          Exactly what I thought when I heard the "right!" by Ozz... reminded me of the old Sabbath "oh yea baby.." Ozzy sounds "real" for the first time in a long time.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Exactly! Must be us "old timers.." pick up on that... LOL. ABSOLUTLY, the "OH YEAAA BABY'S", "ALL RIGHT's.." harken back to the geuine originals...
                          So true. It's little touches like that that make the experience so far all the more worthwhile. They're not just doing a new album for the sake of it, you can see that they wanted to do one that stands up to the earlier canon, and also fits in along with it.

Comment

• I just wish they would tell us if they are going to announce more North American dates. I am getting impatient. I need to find out if I have to purchase tickets and make travel arrangements to one of the four shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by BongRattlingGeezer View Post
                              I just wish they would tell us if they are going to announce more North American dates. I am getting impatient. I need to find out if I have to purchase tickets and make travel arrangements to one of the four shows.
                              Agreed! But I suppose a lot of it could come down to Tonys reatment schedule. Some of that may still be a little uncertain. But im anxious to get some more dates.
                              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• I got to believe there will be more than just 4 NA dates... unless they are putting more dates off or the actual NA tour into 2014...?
                                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                                R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                                X