New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    I got to believe there will be more than just 4 NA dates... unless they are putting more dates off or the actual NA tour into 2014...?
    That is actually also a possibility...and a strong one. Tony's still as mentioned going through treatments and that surely has a huuuuge effect on him and his ability to tour.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there would be a proper NA and SA tour for early 2014.

Comment

• More dates will be announced very soon.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        Exactly what I thought when I heard the "right!" by Ozz... reminded me of the old Sabbath "oh yea baby.." Ozzy sounds "real" for the first time in a long time.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Exactly! Must be us "old timers.." pick up on that... LOL. ABSOLUTLY, the "OH YEAAA BABY'S", "ALL RIGHT's.." harken back to the geuine originals...
        Had to reply because my initial reaction to that shout was exactly the same!

In fact, when I was listening to GID for the first time I thought that Ozzy should have shouted 'right' or some else ad libbed when the drums kick in after the tempo change, and after he actually did it after the verse I was like "attaboy Ozzy!"
        Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM.
        "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
        "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
        "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
          More dates will be announced very soon.
          Fingers crossed for Montreal

Comment

• Anyone else loving ''God is Dead'' as much as me?

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
              It's hard to actually say whether End of the Beginning is really great...
              The video quality is not high so we can't hear Geezer's bass, Tony's guitar is muddy, Ozzy might did some mistakes on the song, and we don't know how Brad plays the song.
              Not hard for me. I think it sounds very impressive. Beautiful development. Some of the "haters" complain that it rips off the song "Black Sabbath," but it's as if these people didn't even listen for more than a couple of minutes. Like something from Vol.4 or Sabotage, the song ends up in a completely different place from where it begins, and the flow from each section to the next works well.

And I think Tony's guitar sounds absolutely amazing; even on a phone video.

Even from hearing that video, I know that the song is going to kick all out ass.
              "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
              -WTB

Comment

• Posted this in other thread but it's so great I share here too. Best recording of 'End of the Beginning' performance I've seen so far.

http://youtu.be/5NPbOFGZm18

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  Not hard for me. I think it sounds very impressive. Beautiful development. Some of the "haters" complain that it rips off the song "Black Sabbath," but it's as if these people didn't even listen for more than a couple of minutes. Like something from Vol.4 or Sabotage, the song ends up in a completely different place from where it begins, and the flow from each section to the next works well.

Even from hearing that video, I know that the song is going to kick all out ass.
                  And to add to that... I agree with whoever said earlier that the ending really sounds like Dirty Women. It truly does sound like the song taps ALL ERAs of the Ozzy Osbourne led Black Sabbath. Opens with Black Sabbath, Then to the Volume 4ish lick that kind of reminds me of Snowblind. Then out with Techincal Ecstasy - Dirty Women style ending.

Love it!
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• The beginning of the live footage of "end of the beginning" is identical to, "you wont change me" - technical ecstasy in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post

In reality it's that some of us want to hear the song in it's proper setting, the album, or at least a professionally recorded live version... from the videos, it's definitly a good song but the sound quality is way to poor to seriously comment on it at this point... and yes like I said, and I'm not a "hater" ... that it is very much like the song Black Sabbath in the beginning and the first tempo change, but I think the similarity to the song BS is intentional, that it's subject is relavent to this being the "end of the beginning..." so to speak... before it breaks out into a "Dirty Women" like ending...Motorchang's new Youtube post is better but we still don't have a proper release of the song yet, but that comes soon May 13th... I think...
                      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by mds View Post
                        Just think of all the nonsensical arguments that could have been avoided had the Dio fronted version been called Heaven & Hell right from the start.
                        Finally, someone said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
                          Finally, someone said it.
                          That actually was their plan to begin with...but somewhere along the way (the record company had a major say in it according to Tony on his book) they went with Black Sabbath instead. Wouldn't have been a bad move for them to start a whole new band, but that's all ancient history anyways...

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
                            LOL! He's here, but not angry. And not surprised, either. Hey, we warned everyone several times about bans coming. Letting the topic drift is one thing, but calling each other stupid and offering baby pacifiers just screams "Ban Me"! We hear you, and we oblige.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
                              Lets work toward not getting a full wardrobe now, k?
                              Damian
                              Super Moderator
                              Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Love the new song! Would like to hear more of Tony's solos though, I think there's plenty of space for them in GID. Too short a solo, methinks.
                                Can hardly wait!
                                The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X