Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    Strange about the Itunes mix. Don't know what to make of that.
    I'm not sure, but I think that just means that if you download it from iTunes, those files will have been mastered for iTunes. I know mastering for CD is different from mastering for vinyl, due to technical characteristics of each format. I could not tell you what those characteristics are exactly, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say frequency range is one. Presumably, iTunes files (and other downloaded files played from a computer) have their own characteristics requiring their own specific mastering process for optimal sound. I'm guessing most downloads are approximately equal to a CD master, and mastering for iTunes is a new idea. I know sometimes smaller record labels have been cheap and used the CD master to press vinyl, and sometimes later proper vinyl masters have been rereleased if the record is deemed worthy. I doubt this would happen for a release of this magnitude from a major label. Basic message: format-specific mastering. Technical reasons for this: (help me out here someone)
    Last edited by invisible man; 04-25-2013, 03:18 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by invisible man View Post
      I'm not sure, but I think that just means that if you download it from iTunes, those files will have been mastered for iTunes. I know mastering for CD is different from mastering for vinyl, though sometimes smaller record labels have been cheap and used the CD master to press vinyl. I doubt this would happen for a release of this magnitude from a major label. Basic message: format-specific mastering. Technical reasons for this: (help me out here someone)
      Not specifically sure of the technical reasons but I guess files mastered for itunes are mastered so that they sound best on a computer, or iPod.

      Comment


      • I haven't read any of your recent posts. I'm just drunk and listening to Blizzard of Ozz and I just have realized for the first time in a long time that Ozzy is so talented!!! I'm listening to Goodbye To Romance and the melodies and delivery is just incredible. And masterful. I love Dio and he is great. But Ozzy is great also and greater in many ways. Wanting to carry on someones memory is all these things take in the end and I just think that Ozzy's name will survive for many long years. Long after you and I are forgotten, Ozzy Osbourne will live on. I love him and I love all he has created. I'm wasted and when I'm wasted I speak the truth. Sorry for being a shit disturber haha BLACK SABBATH forever!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
          I still wonder about the spaghetti dripping out his mouth. Or did he chew the carpet down to its threads in existential angst? Neitzsche didn't have any facial hair that looked like that from a google pic search.
          Ithink it's suppose to be Bill Ward..
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

          Comment


          • TO EVERYONE CONCERNED ABOUT SOUND QUALITY OF "GID" , some info...

            I have cd copies , un altered of "GID" and "GID bass version"/"GID , I heart radio in demand version" , I threw them on the big rig for a listen ... the I heart radio version has a boat load of differences , the hi hat/voice count in , the missing guitar solo , and more prominent bass solo , it also has far more separation between instruments , ozzy is further back in the mix , the drums have a few extra notes played on both the hi hat and snare giving more of a off beat presentation in the first half of the track , there is far less compression , not as much volume added giving a much rawer presentation , and the echo effect on ozzy's voice heard during the single release is not used at all ... example of the echo effect would be "Faith of my father, my brother, my maker and Savior , Help me make it through the night..." , night is just night , not night night night.... I recommend everyone give it a spin , truly is beautiful!! ..weather an echo effect is used on some versions of the I heart radio in demand version , that I don't know , on mine it is not , also to hear the true quality of this mix , LISTEN OVER REAL SPEAKERS - not from a computer

            IT TRULY IS AMAZING HOW MUCH BETTER "GID" , ALREADY A MONSTER SONG TO BEGIN WITH GETS AFTER EACH LISTEN!!! ...THIS SONG IS QUICKLY BECOMING SENSATIONAL IN EVERY WAY!!!!

            SIDE NOTE , lets call it a guess , "13" will start with a slightly different lead in to "EOTB" then the live version , it will also end slightly different with a fade out lead into "GID" , "GID" will hold on to its hi hat count in , and on the end note of "GID" , everyone will have to catch there breath and get themselves off the floor AFTER HEARING 17 MIN AND 1 SEC OF PURE SABBATH BLISS....


            ...God Bless

            Comment


            • Originally posted by joebrice1992 View Post
              haha, you did a great job on this!
              Thank You, Cheers!
              We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
                Have you guys noticed that there are no stadium dates on the tour?
                Stadium dates usually are for big multi band concerts, festivals.... I don't ever recall Sabbath playing a stadium show that included only them and a warm up band... so to me that's not surprising. There aren't too many bands other than The Rolling Stones or a couple others who can sell out a stadium... personally, I don't like stadium concerts anyway, your too far from the stage and the sound and visual sucks big time.
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

                Comment


                • I ordered the delux box set earlier this week. I should get it by June 13. I can't wait. I'll add the vinyl to my vinyl collection of the first 8 lps. It will look good on my shelf. I'll most likely play only the CDs though.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    I have cd copies , un altered of "GID" and "GID bass version"/"GID , I heart radio in demand version" , I threw them on the big rig for a listen ... the I heart radio version has a boat load of differences , the hi hat/voice count in , the missing guitar solo , and more prominent bass solo , it also has far more separation between instruments , ozzy is further back in the mix , the drums have a few extra notes played on both the hi hat and snare giving more of a off beat presentation in the first half of the track , there is far less compression , not as much volume added giving a much rawer presentation , and the echo effect on ozzy's voice heard during the single release is not used at all ... example of the echo effect would be "Faith of my father, my brother, my maker and Savior , Help me make it through the night..." , night is just night , not night night night.... I recommend everyone give it a spin , truly is beautiful!! ..weather an echo effect is used on some versions of the I heart radio in demand version , that I don't know , on mine it is not , also to hear the true quality of this mix , LISTEN OVER REAL SPEAKERS - not from a computer
                    Wow, nice analysis. I haven't given it a proper enough listen because I'm waiting for the .wav files via CD. However, I'm curious to know why both versions leaked out. What exactly is the point of leaving out the solo and keeping away from the effects on Ozzy's vocal? Perhaps the iHeartRadio version is pre-mastering? I really don't know. It just seems strange that two completely different versions came out on the same day.
                    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

                    Comment


                    • Brisbane first video
                      The band sounds really amazing!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                        Stadium dates usually are for big multi band concerts, festivals.... I don't ever recall Sabbath playing a stadium show that included only them and a warm up band... so to me that's not surprising. There aren't too many bands other than The Rolling Stones or a couple others who can sell out a stadium... personally, I don't like stadium concerts anyway, your too far from the stage and the sound and visual sucks big time.
                        You are correct, the last time I saw Sabbath at a stadium, was at Giants stadium when they opened up for Ozzy at Ozzfest and Pantera was still around and one of the acts, before the feud with Anselmo and the Abbotts, great show by the way.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
                          Brisbane first video
                          The band sounds really amazing!
                          The band sure is firing on all cylinders! Never get tired of those solo's, one of Iommi's finest moments.

                          Ozzy's intonation has improved A LOT since last years gigs...he usually sounded pretty bad on N.I.B., now he puts on a solid vocal performance.
                          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

                          Comment


                          • Tony looks good! Healthy, nice to see his real head of hair coming back...
                            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                            R. Blackmore

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              You are correct, the last time I saw Sabbath at a stadium, was at Giants stadium when they opened up for Ozzy at Ozzfest and Pantera was still around and one of the acts, before the feud with Anselmo and the Abbotts, great show by the way.
                              Not that it matters but just to point out that Ozzy's solo act always opened up for Sabbath at Ozzfests. If you saw a show where Sabbath played and then Ozzy did his solo set, that is one rare show you took in.
                              "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                              -WTB

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                                You are correct, the last time I saw Sabbath at a stadium, was at Giants stadium when they opened up for Ozzy at Ozzfest and Pantera was still around and one of the acts, before the feud with Anselmo and the Abbotts, great show by the way.
                                Yea I saw them at Giants Stadium with Marylin Manson... '97 I think? OzzFest.
                                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                                R. Blackmore

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X