New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer can be so cryptic in interviews that it's damn near frustrating

He does seem more relaxed around interviewers who are of the opposite sex though
    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 01-25-2013, 10:20 AM.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
      I have some mixed feelings about some of these statements:

"It's sort of got the feel of the first three albums — back to the basic rawness."

Hell yes.

"it's not really a heavy metal album; it's more of a rock… heavy rock. "

I'm not sure what to make of this. If he's considering early Sabbath to be "heavy rock" rather than "heavy metal," then it's great news. But if it's "heavy rock" like a lot of people use to describe obscure hard rock bands of the 70s that don't really qualify to metal, even in 70s standards, that's a bad sign for me.

"It's sort of back to the way we used to be in the '70s; that's his feel — sort of a jazzy, bluesy feel to him, and that's the way the music is now."

Bluesy and Jazzy like they were in the 70s? Like Warning and Wicked World? Oh god, yes!
      It's the latter... Even though Sabbath are considerred to be Heavy Metal, the term itself is an 80's one, it was never really used in the 70's and Sabbath and Iommi himself never considerred themselves "Heavy Metal", the music was referred to as "heavy" but in those days, the 70's it wasn't a coined phrase... Heavy Metal was the genre that came from Sabbath, that was born from Sabbath, so don't worry when they say it's "hard rock", that's what heavy metal rock was referred to back in the day, hard rock, acid rock..., the term, the catagory, an 80's invention, spawned in the 70's....
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
        What makes you think Vinny Appice is not a good drummer? Not a fan of Appice myself but I'm not seeing how Brad Wilk is a better drummer.
        I completely agree with you, he was good enough for Mob Rules, Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know. But if they picked Brad Wilk that is good enough for me, we all prefer Bill Ward, at least on the album if not on touring duties. But what can you do?
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

How many heavy metal bands are better than 70's heavy rock acts such as Led Zeppelin?
          Actually quite many...I've never liked Zeppelin myself...always preferred Sabbath and Purple...I don't really know why, just something about them that never clicked with me I guess.

Icy Sun makes some great points. Hadn't really thought about it...I do hope that they try to find the sound of the first 3 albums and not get too experimental...it didn't work then and it sure as hell ain't gonna work now.

Comment

How many heavy metal bands are better than 70's heavy rock acts such as Led Zeppelin?
            Well just in 70s metal, there's Judas Priest, Scorpions, Rainbow, and more obscure stuff like Heavy Load and Antonius Rex. As far as Zeppelin goes, I'm really only into their first two albums and some songs off of IV, but they are no where near as dark as Sabbath is/was/should be.
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Does anyone have a link to the xm interview where Geezer says he wrote the lyrics for 13?

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                Well just in 70s metal, there's Judas Priest, Scorpions, Rainbow, and more obscure stuff like Heavy Load and Antonius Rex. As far as Zeppelin goes, I'm really only into their first two albums and some songs off of IV, but they are no where near as dark as Sabbath is/was/should be.
                I don't want to go off topic, but have listen to this tune.

Last edited by ZepHead; 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I don't want to go off topic, but have listen to this tune.

That's not a bad song. But what I meant those were the only albums I liked as a whole. I'm also fond of The Immigrant Song and No Quarter.
                  Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                    The comments section there is disgusting
                    I don't know. I had a pretty good laugh at some of the comments I read, especially the "No ____ = No ____ " types of comments since most of those were jokes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post

I don't know. I had a pretty good laugh at some of the comments I read, especially the "No ____ = No ____ " types of comments since most of those were jokes.
                      Those were funny actually. And I like it when people poke at Riotact666, who seemingly is into every band ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                        Those were funny actually. And I like it when people poke at Riotact666, who seemingly is into every band ever.
                        I literally laughed a few times at that section too.

And Geezer 's words sounds really awesome. But I think whether they will make a retro sound to guitar/drums/bass.
                        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• So they did choose Wilk for his swing. That's great fucking news. Glad to hear that the drums won't be basic kick-snare-kick-snare patterns like TDYK. I don't really care if the title's not very inspired or whatever. As long as the music's good, I'm game. I'm happy to hear the 'heavy rock' comment, since, while undeniably metal, early Sabbath is almost 'proto-metal' in that it has a bit more bluesiness, a bit less aggression than what metal became in the '80s. They never considered themselves 'metal' anyway, and really, what is metal if not 'heavy rock?'

I get more and more excited for this album with each revelation. God damn I can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                            I really don't care about the title of the album.
                            the most important for me is that Tony's health, according to what Geezer said in the interview, is as good as possible following treatment.
                            second information : it will be a heavy rock album , more than a heavy metal one . Good new for me .
                            I don' t want a TDYK 2 .
                            I would have realy loved to have a TDYK 2 - with Ronnie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roland View Post
                              I agree with you i would have liked a TDYK 2 with Ronnie if he was still here, although I wouldn't mind a TDYK 2 with Mr. Tony Martin on vocals but that is something that's unlikely to happen so this new album will have to do which I can't wait for, is a special edition or "Deluxe Edition" of the new album coming out? I got all the other Deluxe Editions it makes sense to get the deluxe edition for this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Roland View Post
                                yeah , me too , but you' re talking about the Heaven and Hell band .

now , the subject is the (3/4 ) Black Sabbath Reunion . with Ozzy . So I much prefer expecting some Heavy rock or Hard Rock stuff .

Comment

Working...
                                X