Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
    What's Geezer on about prozac being fun stuff?.
    I think he was making a humor

    Comment


    • [The USA trek] will be strictly [a] BLACK SABBATH [tour and not an Ozzfest run]."
      This is excellent news! Not so into all day festivals myself. Very excited by the talk of vintage-style jazz/blues influenced, metal-formula-smashing, return-to-the-70's Black Sabbath songs. Hope all the bonus songs end up in one release, not spread out over a bunch of album versions. Wouldn't mind them on 45's though. Releasing a single when the tour starts would be awesome
      Last edited by invisible man; 01-26-2013, 10:54 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by invisible man View Post
        Hope all the bonus songs end up in one release, not spread out over a bunch of album versions.
        I'm ok with the songs being spread out thru different albums like CD w/13 tracks but the Itunes edition having 1 extra song bonus, then the Jap edition has a different bonus song. This would mean eventually all 16 will be released in an exclusive limited edition thru some outfit like Rhino records. I love the Sabbath exclusive Box Sets, they are awesome.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Roland View Post
          I would have realy loved to have a TDYK 2 - with Ronnie.
          Absolutely! Nothing is better than Dio Sabbath. Since Ronnie's death I have literally listened to over a thousand heavy bands hoping to find a singer that sings like him. No success. Sure, there's a couple obscure cases (1st album by Astral Doors, Jorn's Dio covers album) but I've failed in this quest. There's operatic "clean" singers, bluesy shouters, screamers, grunters, squealers and growlers. To me what made RJD so special was that when he sang pretty he still sounded tough and soulful. As much as I respect the skills of Halford and Dickenson I personally don't like the operatic highs that they are famous for. I prefer full chest operatic belters like Ronnie and Freddie Mercury. Poor me. I just don't like enough stuff. I even like Ozzy's voice better than 90% of all metal vocals. It's so unique.

          Anyway, I've gotten back into Ozzy so I'm looking forward to the new LP. Not excited about the words "Rick Rubin" but if they stick to "heavy rock" as Geezer put it I doubt they could fail. Today's heavy metal is redundant garbage. It's either cookie monster vocals or overproduced (or both) shlock. Though I rather like OO's "Scream" I think they're wise enough to know that would be a huuuuuuuge mistake. If they make a raw 70s-style album the critics will wet themselves and praise the band to the point of nausea. Personally, I'd rather hear a doomy, riff-laded album like "Dehumanizer" but I know I'll be happy with a retro "heavy rock" sound.
          Last edited by YADF; 01-27-2013, 09:08 AM.

          Comment


          • Dio is a much better vocalist than Ozzy but give me the Ozzy Era Sabbath over the Dio Era Sabbath any day.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by YADF View Post
              Absolutely! Nothing is better than Dio Sabbath. Since Ronnie's death I have literally listened to over a thousand heavy bands hoping to find a singer that sings like him. No success. Sure, there's a couple obscure cases (1st album by Astral Doors, Jorn's Dio covers album) but I've failed in this quest. There's operatic "clean" singers, bluesy shouters, screamers, grunters, squealers and growlers. To me what made RJD so special was that when he sang pretty he still sounded tough and soulful. As much as I respect the skills of Halford and Dickenson I personally don't like the operatic highs that they are famous for. I prefer full chest operatic belters like Ronnie and Freddie Mercury. Poor me. I just don't like enough stuff. I even like Ozzy's voice better than 90% of all metal vocals. It's so unique.

              Anyway, I've gotten back into Ozzy so I'm looking forward to the new LP. Not excited about the words "Rick Rubin" but if they stick to "heavy rock" as Geezer put it I doubt they could fail. Today's heavy metal is redundant garbage. It's either cookie monster vocals or overproduced (or both) shlock. Though I rather like OO's "Scream" I think they're wise enough to know that would be a huuuuuuuge mistake. If they make a raw 70s-style album the critics will wet themselves and praise the band to the point of nausea. Personally, I'd rather hear a doomy, riff-laded album like "Dehumanizer" but I know I'll be happy with a retro "heavy rock" sound.
              Ozzy and Dio are my two favorite singers, though very different from one another, they are both great.

              Good post, I agree with most of what you say regarding the Metal of today.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4Pmq77hOY
                Why Lord would they seek out a drummer with same style of drumming like BILL WARD'S style and NOT BILL WARD ??????
                Left me thinking WTF is that shit ? guess it really is a money issue ! or selfish issue after all.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mikesline View Post
                  guess it really is a money issue ! or selfish issue after all.
                  Based on what evidence?
                  Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                  Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                  Or do you deny, you're responsible
                  For the victims of the sins you devised

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mikesline View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4Pmq77hOY
                    Why Lord would they seek out a drummer with same style of drumming like BILL WARD'S style and NOT BILL WARD ??????
                    Left me thinking WTF is that shit ? guess it really is a money issue ! or selfish issue after all.
                    Or is it possible that Bill just doesn't have the chops to tour/perform on a wanted level? He had already lost some of his groove in the late 90's, and the decline was even more evident by 05. And I doubt he has gotten better as the years have passed by. If anything he has gotten rustier.

                    I hope that's not the case, but everything points out to what I said above...

                    EDIT: Cool pic btw! Even if I'm not the biggest fan of the trippy effects you add to them
                    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 01-28-2013, 06:53 AM.
                    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post

                      Or is it possible that Bill just doesn't have the chops to tour/perform on a wanted level? He had already lost some of his groove in the late 90's, and the decline was even more evident by 05. And I doubt he has gotten better as the years have passed by. If anything he has gotten rustier.

                      I hope that's not the case, but everything points out to what I said above...

                      EDIT: Cool pic btw! Even if I'm not the biggest fan of the trippy effects you add to them
                      Blame all those people who complained that Bill didn't hit the fills on Reunion

                      Comment


                      • SO WHO IS GOING TO PLAY ON TOUR WITH THEM? All we heard was Brad Wilk in the studio, the band hasn't said who's going out on the road.. or did I miss something?
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                          the band hasn't said who's going out on the road.. or did I miss something?
                          Geezer said in the video interview that they don't know yet.
                          Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                          Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                          Or do you deny, you're responsible
                          For the victims of the sins you devised

                          Comment


                          • ...or Bill just can't play up to par anymore?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by YADF View Post
                              Since Ronnie's death I have literally listened to over a thousand heavy bands hoping to find a singer that sings like him. No success.
                              Russell Allen (Symphony X and Adrenaline Mob) has a lot of Dioesque qualities to my ears.

                              Check out AM's version of Mob Rules
                              In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

                              Comment


                              • I don't understand why they would hire another drummer for the tour since they already have Brad Wilk.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X