Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I've wondered for 15 years why they never do hand of doom. It seems like a song that Ozzy could handle. Also, Never Say Die. Ozzy is pretty high on the album but like most songs live he could bing it down an octive and it should be simple to sing. I think the Never Say Die! album clearly left a bad taste in the bands mouth but if they broke out that song out live the crowd would go nuts!! And it's such an up-tempo tune. It would really pep up the set.
    And it would also fit this reunion, to those who thought that Sabbath would never again reunite and release an album, Never, Never, Never Say Die, again!!!!!!!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • So Epic was just the working title for Age of Reason possibly? Interesting to hear that, and something I don't really doubt all that much, I just remain curious what the bonus tracks may hold.

      Something I've been wondering is how the 4 new songs hold up to the past 3 with Ozzy, Psycho Man, Selling My Soul, and Scary Dreams? Better, worse, as decent or as good? I've been trying to listen to the songs back to back, just to kind of get the feel of how the tracks compare, but really it's impossible to tell when we only have a studio version of God Is Dead?

      Comment


      • I think the new songs, and only one we've heard was a studio version so far, are much better than the 3 earlier ones you mentioned....Psycho Man was the best of the 3, Selling My Soul was nothing special and S.D.'s... what I heard live was not all that memorable either... basically those 3 songs were thrown together by Iommi and Ozzy, at least the 2 from the Reunion album, the new stuff has been worked on for months now, and input form all 3 original members...and are light years better... at least that's my opinion.

        ---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

        Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
        I've wondered for 15 years why they never do hand of doom. It seems like a song that Ozzy could handle. Also, Never Say Die. Ozzy is pretty high on the album but like most songs live he could bing it down an octive and it should be simple to sing. I think the Never Say Die! album clearly left a bad taste in the bands mouth but if they broke out that song out live the crowd would go nuts!! And it's such an up-tempo tune. It would really pep up the set.
        Just a hunch, but I think they don't play anything from NSD because the album, the time period was a depressing one for them, they don't feel a need to celebrate it by playing anything from it... Oz couldn't do the title track anyway, you can only lower a song register so much, what elese would they play from it, Jr. Eye's is about Ozzy's father dying, probably doesn't want to revisit that, maybe Hard Road... but you'll never hear anything from that album live again...
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          Just a hunch, but I think they don't play anything from NSD because the album, the time period was a depressing one for them, they don't feel a need to celebrate it by playing anything from it... Oz couldn't do the title track anyway, you can only lower a song register so much, what elese would they play from it, Jr. Eye's is about Ozzy's father dying, probably doesn't want to revisit that, maybe Hard Road... but you'll never hear anything from that album live again...
          BREAKOUT!!!!
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
            BREAKOUT!!!!
            "We'd like to bring out a special guest for you tonight to sing this one... Mr. ....
            "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
              "We'd like to bring out a special guest for you tonight to sing this one... Mr. ....
              "Mr. David Bowie on Saxophone!!!!!"
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AlexBarghest View Post
                Well, you'll have a chance to decide it for yourself. I'm recording all shows will put them on dime when I'm back from Australia.
                Listening to the Brisbane show right now and WOW, what an awesome sounding boot! Thank you so much for sharing on DIME!!
                We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

                Comment


                • 5 weeks from today folks!!!! Well... in the U.S. and Cananda anyway.
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

                  Comment


                  • The album title is total tripe. It's woefully unoriginal, (as some others have already pointed out here earlier--Megadeth, SFU), and frankly, it seems to have been an absolute afterthought for the band. I wonder what the album artwork will be. Hopefully, not an equally lazy and lame effort. That said, it goes without saying that ultimately the music is all that really matters. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but I still somehow expect the new disc with Ozzy to be a very listenable, quality release, all round. They were here in awesome Australia. Sadly, I could only catch the Melbourne show. I heard they were terrific in the Brisbane outing, earlier. I gotta say that they sounded pretty darn cool, overall. Iommi, particularly, was right on the money, throughout. Ozzy entertained gamely, and sounded seriously good, in several random moments. I'm so glad they came down under to Oz, an often awfully overlooked metal-mad country, with ship-loads of Sabbath-Ozzy fans, to boot.
                    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

                    Comment


                    • [/COLOR]
                      Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                      I wonder what the album artwork will be. .
                      Here you go.

                      www.downtrendmetal.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                        The album title is total tripe. It's woefully unoriginal, (as some others have already pointed out here earlier--Megadeth, SFU), and frankly, it seems to have been an absolute afterthought for the band. I wonder what the album artwork will be. Hopefully, not an equally lazy and lame effort. That said, it goes without saying that ultimately the music is all that really matters. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but I still somehow expect the new disc with Ozzy to be a very listenable, quality release, all round. They were here in awesome Australia. Sadly, I could only catch the Melbourne show. I heard they were terrific in the Brisbane outing, earlier. I gotta say that they sounded pretty darn cool, overall. Iommi, particularly, was right on the money, throughout. Ozzy entertained gamely, and sounded seriously good, in several random moments. I'm so glad they came down under to Oz, an often awfully overlooked metal-mad country, with ship-loads of Sabbath-Ozzy fans, to boot.
                        Hey mate, glad to hear from you... have you checked out the official God Is Dead release? If not here it is...

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfUimq2KeI
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                          [/COLOR]

                          Here you go.

                          Thanks for that prompt offering, axeman. Alas, a crappy cover, too. I guess I just have to pin all my hopes on the actual songs.

                          Originally posted by Wicked Cricket
                          Hey mate, glad to hear from you... have you checked out the official God Is Dead release? If not here it is.
                          Hey, mate Wicked, I'm glad to find you again on the same page, too. Thanks for that. I heard it only yesterday, and I think it's pretty cool, no kidding. Can't wait for the new album, and find out how good, or bad it is.
                          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

                          Comment


                          • I have the exact sentiments as you do, RLP. I rather call this album "God Is Dead?" because I feel the single is way better than the album cover and in name. And we still haven't figured out why it's called 13. I still haven't heard the single yet, I want to take 13 as a whole album when I get it.

                            PS You might want to clear your PM box, because I was going to tell you that until now (thoughts on 13).
                            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

                            Comment


                            • Fucking hell, just a little more than a week later we'll have the official release of End of the Beginning!
                              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                              Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                                Fucking hell, just a little more than a week later we'll have the official release of End of the Beginning!
                                I'm not sure End Of The Beginning will be released. I think we will hear the snippit on CSI and I bet thats it. Just my guess.
                                www.downtrendmetal.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X