Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
    I don't understand why they would hire another drummer for the tour since they already have Brad Wilk.
    Maybe he has other commitments that prevent him from touring...I don't know though, just speculation.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
      I don't understand why they would hire another drummer for the tour since they already have Brad Wilk.
      The guy works. A lot

      Comment


      • I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere or not but here are the TV commercials for Sabbath's shows in New Zealand and Australia.
        http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/01/bl...w-zealand.html
        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

        Comment


        • Download Festival 2012 footage?

          Comment


          • Geezer Butler mentioned on a new 'Planet Rock' interview that the album title WILL NOT be '13'

            Comment


            • Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
              Or is it possible that Bill just doesn't have the chops to tour/perform on a wanted level? He had already lost some of his groove in the late 90's, and the decline was even more evident by 05. And I doubt he has gotten better as the years have passed by. If anything he has gotten rustier.

              I hope that's not the case, but everything points out to what I said above...

              EDIT: Cool pic btw! Even if I'm not the biggest fan of the trippy effects you add to them
              so glad you like my artwork and that's is an excuse, that is not valid since they never rehearsed together,he was ready to go,money is top issue.

              Comment


              • http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ath_album.html

                As Classic Rock notes, bassist Geezer Butler had the following to say, when talking to KCAL FM:


                UG plus: remove banner
                "None of us have been drinking or doing drugs or anything. It’s a bit more professional in that way. We stuck to a schedule: every day we’d go in at one o’clock and finished at six. Five hours a day and that’s it."

                "It’s got the feel of the first three albums, back to the basic rawness. The lyrics are about life, death, doom and everything else. You get Prozac with each album..."

                Geezer has also revealed that the title, "13", was a temporary name for the album, and may not stick for the final release:

                "It was sort of a temporary name, so we had something to refer to. It kinda stuck – but I don’t know whether that’s going to be the final title or not."

                The album was also not going to be called "13" because of the year, according to Geezer, but because of the number of songs on the album: "Originally we were going to put 13 tracks on the album," Butler says. "We ended up doing 16, but I’m not sure what’s going to be on the album or what isn’t."

                He also notes that it was Rick Rubin's suggestion to have Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk play on the record: "He didn’t want a typical heavy metal drummer on the album because it's not really a heavy metal album. It's more heavy rock.

                "Rick suggested Brad because he’s more in the vein of Bill Ward. We jammed with him and he sounded great with the stuff, so we went with that. We’re sort of back to the way we used to be in the 70s and that’s Brad’s feel – a sort of jazzy, bluesy feel."
                http://www.twitter.com/daniarrow

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                  Geezer Butler mentioned on a new 'Planet Rock' interview that the album title WILL NOT be '13'
                  Did he? Or was it just the same "I'm not sure if it's going to be the title or not?" thing he's been saying?

                  That would be the best news about the new album so far!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Geezer Butler View Post
                    The lyrics are about life, death, doom and everything else. You get Prozac with each album...
                    ^ biggest news on the album so far :D ;-)
                    http://www.twitter.com/daniarrow

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                      Geezer Butler mentioned on a new 'Planet Rock' interview that the album title WILL NOT be '13'
                      Do you have a link?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                        Do you have a link?
                        Sorry no , didn't hear the interview myself but someone posted this piece of Info , anyway we will probably get the full interview on the news feed soon , it sounds likely anyway , Geezer's recent interview an NAMM stated that '13' was more of an initial working title , so for those complaining about the title '13' , cut it off and have a break , I personally don't find '13' bad at all , could have a lot of interesting references , Geezer is always cryptic anyway.

                        Comment


                        • I don't like the title '13' so i am happy to hear that it might change. I would like a title, more glorious and doomy, more 'sabbath', if you know what i mean..
                          Praise The Lords Of This World !!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DaniArrow View Post
                            http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ath_album.html

                            As Classic Rock notes, bassist Geezer Butler had the following to say, when talking to KCAL FM:


                            UG plus: remove banner
                            "None of us have been drinking or doing drugs or anything. It’s a bit more professional in that way. We stuck to a schedule: every day we’d go in at one o’clock and finished at six. Five hours a day and that’s it."

                            "It’s got the feel of the first three albums, back to the basic rawness. The lyrics are about life, death, doom and everything else. You get Prozac with each album..."

                            Geezer has also revealed that the title, "13", was a temporary name for the album, and may not stick for the final release:

                            "It was sort of a temporary name, so we had something to refer to. It kinda stuck – but I don’t know whether that’s going to be the final title or not."

                            The album was also not going to be called "13" because of the year, according to Geezer, but because of the number of songs on the album: "Originally we were going to put 13 tracks on the album," Butler says. "We ended up doing 16, but I’m not sure what’s going to be on the album or what isn’t."

                            He also notes that it was Rick Rubin's suggestion to have Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk play on the record: "He didn’t want a typical heavy metal drummer on the album because it's not really a heavy metal album. It's more heavy rock.

                            "Rick suggested Brad because he’s more in the vein of Bill Ward. We jammed with him and he sounded great with the stuff, so we went with that. We’re sort of back to the way we used to be in the 70s and that’s Brad’s feel – a sort of jazzy, bluesy feel."
                            Thank you for the news.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                            Comment


                            • What's the big deal with a album name anyway? Has Sabbath ever had a doomy gloomy album title...? The answer is no, who cares, does the album name whether you like it or not have any impact on an Album? No it doesn't, the album content (i.e songs) makes or breaks it, not a title... Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was their best album title, but frankly, they could have called it Little Boy Blue and it wouldn't have made a dam bit of difference...
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                                What's the big deal with a album name anyway? Has Sabbath ever had a doomy gloomy album title...? The answer is no, who cares, does the album name whether you like it or not have any impact on an Album? No it doesn't, the album content (i.e songs) makes or breaks it, not a title... Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was their best album title, but frankly, they could have called it Little Boy Blue and it wouldn't have made a dam bit of difference...
                                I have to disagree a bit...the album name does mean something, naturally the music inside is the most important thing, but the album title and artwork are an important part of the whole experience. It has a lot of PR value as well. A bad album name will result into bad press which again will create some negative emotions in the public.

                                But you are right about one thing, Sabbath hasn't really had a gloomy title...well...part from Dehumanizer....Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Heaven And Hell, The Mob Rules and Headless Cross might be considered bit doomy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X