New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    What's the big deal with a album name anyway? Has Sabbath ever had a doomy gloomy album title...? The answer is no, who cares, does the album name whether you like it or not have any impact on an Album? No it doesn't, the album content (i.e songs) makes or breaks it, not a title... Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was their best album title, but frankly, they could have called it Little Boy Blue and it wouldn't have made a dam bit of difference...
    Exactly and I don't even care if they have a big dick
    on the albumcover as long as I like the music.
    Last edited by svullo; 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Album titles have little or no bearing on a record, at least back in the day anyway... take Zeppelin, biggest rock band of all time, half their albums had literally no title at all...album titles:

Led Zeppelin (debut record)
      LZ II
      LZ III
      Led Zeppelin (no title to their IV th album, often referred to as ZOSO)
      House Of The Holy
      Physical Grafitti
      Presence
      In Through The Out Door
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Hopefully Brad Wilk can play some gigs with them, barring any other prior commitments. Even so, I'm really excited about this upcoming Sabbath record. Going for the vibe of the first three albums is a very cool idea. Those first three albums with Rodger Bain still sound incredible, and relevant. For as little time as each of those three records took, they still tend to sound better than some of the records that followed it that took much longer to record. Can't wait for June to come around!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikesline View Post
          so glad you like my artwork and that's is an excuse, that is not valid since they never rehearsed together,he was ready to go,money is top issue.
          Actually, if my memory serves me right, there were lot of rumours flying around about them rehearsing long before the 11/11/11 announcement, and there was a lot of time between it and Ward's departure from the project. So maybe they played together to give Bill time to get back in shape playing wise, simply because they love the guy? And when they saw that this wasn't going to happen, they had to find a way to get Bill out without hurting his feelings or something.

Nostalgia factor aside, you just can't play rock music with a limping rhythm section. They can handle Ozzy's intonation problems and such, but if your drummer is playing behind the beat and making lots of easy mistakes, the whole band sounds bad. As much I hope Ward would part of their final hurrah, if he can't play on the required level, it's better that they go on without him.
          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post

Actually, if my memory serves me right, there were lot of rumours flying around about them rehearsing long before the 11/11/11 announcement, and there was a lot of time between it and Ward's departure from the project. So maybe they played together to give Bill time to get back in shape playing wise, simply because they love the guy? And when they saw that this wasn't going to happen, they had to find a way to get Bill out without hurting his feelings or something.

Nostalgia factor aside, you just can't play rock music with a limping rhythm section. They can handle Ozzy's intonation problems and such, but if your drummer is playing behind the beat and making lots of easy mistakes, the whole band sounds bad. As much I hope Ward would part of their final hurrah, if he can't play on the required level, it's better that they go on without him.
            They did play together. Mike Exeter confirmed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
              They did play together. Mike Exeter confirmed it.
              So did Tony in his updated biography. But the fact remains they rehearsed together prior to 11/11/11 so Bill's playing must have been good enough for them to move forward with the reunion announcement. Clearly something other than Bill's playing is the issue and they have all moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by svullo View Post
                LOL ... a Big Dick (?)

Comment

• Originally posted by svullo View Post
                  Big dick... no shit ._.
                  Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                  Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                  In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                  The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Of course i hope not

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzfloyd View Post
                      ...or Bill just can't play up to par anymore?
                      HOW do you know this ? i don't know this and i know bill personally.
                      and personally i know that is pure crap what you say ,only excuse people come up with,when really is a money / lawyer / problem.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Originally posted by mds View Post
                      So did Tony in his updated biography. But the fact remains they rehearsed together prior to 11/11/11 so Bill's playing must have been good enough for them to move forward with the reunion announcement. Clearly something other than Bill's playing is the issue and they have all moved on.
                      yup you said it !!! really sad !!! i can't believe how they did not step in and bring bill into the fold,at least for the recording,i thought they were brothers ,the real band behind black sabbath is the team of lawyers--that's todays black sabbath ! and it's sad how geezer can say it feels like the first three albums--Maybe feels like it ,but first three albums were worked out on stage with band ,not constructed in studio. i wish & hope it does sound great !! but for me seeing those four guy's on stage at 11 yrs old,it hurts to know there is one guy missing,and i know they miss what they once had,you gotta miss bill that's forsure !!! he is a unique drummer,more then you obviously know,if he was'nt would they try and find a drummer "like" bill's style. ??? just fkin sucks cause it would have been great to end it ALL together !!!

my pic i took when they were coming off stage in'76.
                      latest bill sighting.
                      http://www.bravewords.com/news/198035
                      Last edited by mikesline; 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• In 2005 Bill's skills were a shadow of what they once were. Can't imagine 8 years could have improved them...

Comment

• Originally posted by mikesline View Post
                          HOW do you know this ? i don't know this and i know bill personally.
                          Have you seen him do any drumming lately? I'm really curious because I would like to know the answer to this question myself.
                          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Hi guys. This is my first post, so a brief intro: 47 yrs old; Sabbath fan since 13 yrs old; first Sabbath song I ever heard was War Pigs, and I almost crapped my pants. Favorite bands: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Black Sabbath...the order changes all the time. Today, Black Sabbath is on top. Big vinyl collector.

Anyway, I am not as up on this as you guys are, but my thoughts are that they likely wanted Bill in the band, as he was part of the 11/11/11 announcement, and clearly part of the original reunion concept. I suspect that if Bill's playing was not quite up to snuff that they would have hired a support drummer for live performances, like Pink Floyd and The Moody Blues do/ have done. My guess is that they would have done this for Bill if in fact he truly was having problems. I really believe that this comes down to money and lawyers in the end, as it often does, which in itself is kind of sad. Let's hope that all the issues will be resolved and that Bill will be back when they release "14" in a couple of years. Quite frankly, I never expected to see another Black Sabbath album with Ozzy in the band.....amazing really, and yes, he is my favorite Sabbath singer....but I'm an old guy, so that kinda figures.

I am stoked about the new album, and Black Sabbath is one of the very few bands left on my bucket list to see. I really hope to see them when they tour the new album; God willing, Tony's health will hold up against that insidious disease, which has recently touched my family too.
                            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM.
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Darkness, welcome to the boards! Lots of theories around and many possibilities for the future exist for these guys. At this point many of us would love a full reunion but I for one will take what I can get, who knows how much sand is left in the hourglass with these guys, Ozzy nearly burned his hand off at home, I think he's safer on tour!
                              Damian
                              Super Moderator
                              Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
                                Ozzy nearly burned his hand off at home, I think he's safer on tour!
                                That made me smile. Heh heh

Comment

Working...
                                X