No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I have said before.... I really do wanna let everyone on here know how much I enjoy and appreciate sharing this album release with you guys. I have a blast coming on here everyday and having friends to get excited about every development with.

Means a lot and really adds to the overall excitment!

In the words of Ozzy

"GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!"
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• I always thought the new album cover was computer made. Somehow it's much cooler that it was an actual shot, even though the cover still looks a bit cartoonish to me.

Oh, and living too many time zones ahead of the US sucks. I had expected to see the CSI episode tonight; I forgot, of course, that it will air sometime like 7 AM in my country.

The blood runs free
      The rain turns red
      Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
        I guess it's just a difference in how people hear things, but I think Ozzy sounds quite raw on God Is Dead. Granted, there is obvious layering, but beyond that, I think it sounds very much like him. Through a really solid pair of headphones, you can hear the aging in his voice and a cracking sound in his throat through his breaths on the second verse with the words "Land" and "damned." I can't recall the line and I can't listen at the moment, but there's even a faint crack in his voice when they revisit the chorus. There's even a shaky moment at the end of the line, "Will someone tell me the answer..."

Either way, none of us were there, I guess we don't know. But considering what Churko did, I think Rubin handled his voice quite well. Despite his flaws live, I really love Ozzy's lower, aged voice.
        A brilliant, brilliant post hipster!, my thought exactly!, it highlights the fact these guys will die soon and adds something we've never heard in sabbath album before!. That's why I believe no matter what your top 5 sabbath albums are, 13 is gonna break into them because we all care and love these guys and the depressing fact is they probably ain't got that long to live. SO FUCKING CELEBRATE THIS ALBUM LIKE YOU've NEVER DONE BEFORE MY FAMILY !!!!!!
        Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
          A brilliant, brilliant post hipster!, my thought exactly!, it highlights the fact these guys will die soon and adds something we've never heard in sabbath album before!. That's why I believe no matter what your top 5 sabbath albums are, 13 is gonna break into them because we all care and love these guys and the depressing fact is they probably ain't got that long to live. SO FUCKING CELEBRATE THIS ALBUM LIKE YOU've NEVER DONE BEFORE MY FAMILY !!!!!!
          Jeez, dude, I agree that we should all be enjoying them while we can ... but they are in their mid 60s, not mid 80s.
          "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
          -WTB

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Jeez, dude, I agree that we should all be enjoying them while we can ... but they are in their mid 60s, not mid 80s.
            Yeah so how many 70 year olds rock?
            This is the last stand !! Enjoy, cause I know I will!

Edit/ for me it's done now, the greatest band this world has ever known will be brought to a close on June 10th, sure it's a deep, deep shame about bill but shit happens. Enjoy the almost true sabbath album amigos!!!!
            Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 05-15-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
              Yeah so how many 70 year olds rock?
              This is the last stand !! Enjoy, cause I know I will!

Edit/ for me it's done now, the greatest band this world has ever known will be brought to a close on June 10th, sure it's a deep, deep shame about bill but shit happens. Enjoy the almost true sabbath album amigos!!!!
              So you meant "dead" more in terms of musical output as opposed to it being said in the literal sense. Ok ...

My bad.
              "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
              -WTB

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                So you meant "dead" more in terms of musical output as opposed to it being said in the literal sense. Ok ...

My bad.
                No I meant just what the fk are you expecting of this album, plus if you can do a better job than rick then feel free to get the drinks in!!!

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Hi ozzy is iron man ! So much for first impressions bi atch!

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                  As I have said before.... I really do wanna let everyone on here know how much I enjoy and appreciate sharing this album release with you guys. I have a blast coming on here everyday and having friends to get excited about every development with.

Means a lot and really adds to the overall excitment!

In the words of Ozzy

"GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!"
                  Yes, indeed friend; right back at you. It is also very nice to see that this place hasn't been an Ozzy/ Dio war zone lately. What does it matter? Right now, we are here for one reason only: to celebrate our band and their new album. Peace friends.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                    I randomly visit the Amazon page for '13' for no other reason than to hype myself up and came across these newly uploaded promo photos.

The guys look great in these pics and making of video was awesome. Thanks hipster!

Comment

• Great find Hipster!! These shots are absolutely amazing. I wonder if they are for inside the CD booklet?

I loved the clip of EOTB on CSI. Man, that song is classic Sabbath as I have listened to the Brisbane version a 1000 times. Four movements with no chorus. Just like the early days.
                      Religion won't save me
                      The damage is done
                      The future has ended
                      Before it's begun
                      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Those photos were taken during the filming of their CSI appearance. Doubt they'll be in the new album.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted, but Naivete in Black will be the Japanese bonus track (on both Standard and Deluxe Editions) of '13' so there's hope for those of us who won't be able to get the Best Buy version:
                          https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/13...on/id634871979

Comment

• ahhhh alas! We are finally together! In the Ozzy thread, ceremonious of the only Sabbath to be Black Sabbath! We Love Dio, WE LOVE OZZY, WE appreciate eachother with respect and can finally understand that we are here because we adore the masters of the feeling of life thru sound (beside FLoyd ofcourse :D ) BLACK SABBATH! FINALLY! THE WHITMANIC COMRADERY!!!! I am so thankful to read these posts now celebrating our bondage in celebrating the album as kindfolk forsooth! Just bully! Bully bully bully! I am so giddy now for the album with all of our mindthrobs of affection aligned, like some chi conducter or otherwise hipster energy allusion to illusion atop emptiness, we have found our hype and boy the sweet hype is sweet hype! sweet sweet ephemera, I thank you all and all we sure can thank the sabs for gracing us with sound.
                            PS, Anybody on the east coast of US around Richmond? Im fixin for a grand listening shindig when the album arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                              Not sure if this has been posted, but Naivete in Black will be the Japanese bonus track (on both Standard and Deluxe Editions) of '13' so there's hope for those of us who won't be able to get the Best Buy version:
                              https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/13...on/id634871979
                              I'll be honest here, I thought this 'Naivete in Black' thing was a joke when I first heard of it. The word 'naivete' just seemed too much of a pun not to be.

Comment

• I get the feeling there will be 4 unreleased tracks for a while but still cling to the hope that all 16 are included on the 50 box set
                                Andreaus

Comment

Working...
                                X