No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another random numbers thing: I didn't take a screen shot for proof, but I'm a big LAST.FM listener and it featured Black Sabbath in its rotation with 1.9 million listeners. To put that into perspective, Taylor Swift had 1.5 million.

Completely random, but I hadn't seen them featured before today.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    siriusxm is burning it up!!! I have black sabbath saved in my player as a favorite artist, so everytime they come on i get a notification. Trust me when i say they burn gid? Up!!! It plays on like 4 of their channels.
    awesome! I love it!!!

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Originally posted by Charger View Post
    True, but I was just saying that even then it would be a respectable ammount. But also I counted the repeat listenings into it...
    Ah, very true.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    The download card that comes with super deluxe box set of 13 has now been replaced with a exclusive art print.
    To me, what would have made more sense than going through the trouble of a download card, why not just put the track by track commentary on the DVD? I'd rather have the physical copy anyway.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motleyozz6 View Post

Only 74? THere must be something wrong me then because my play count on God is Dead is 205! haha. I just can't get enough of it. Wish they'd release another track early so I could listen to a different song. Can't wait, just a couple weeks away!!!!!
      Catching up starts now...

Comment

• The GID version I heard on the radio last night was the one with Geezer's bass "solo", where he's really ripping it up! It didn't have the 15 sec. Iommi solo...
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          The GID version I heard on the radio last night was the one with Geezer's bass "solo", where he's really ripping it up! It didn't have the 15 sec. Iommi solo...
          I still can't quite understand why that version exists. The guitar solo, as simple as it is, adds a lot of dynamic and transitions from and morphs into Geezer's solo beautifully.
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
            I still can't quite understand why that version exists. The guitar solo, as simple as it is, adds a lot of dynamic and transitions from and morphs into Geezer's solo beautifully.
            Hey friend, I suspect that there was some sort of distribution mistake on the date that GID? was sent out, as there are a few sources that got the non guitar solo version, seemingly in error (such as I Heart Radio). Geezer's solo isn't a solo actually. If you listen to it, he is just playing what he plays prior to where the guitar solo should have been dubbed in; it is just more clear in the absence of the guitar solo. You could also listen to both versions to hear that Geezer's part doesn't change from one to the other.
            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
              Geezer's solo isn't a solo actually. If you listen to it, he is just playing what he plays prior to where the guitar solo should have been dubbed in; it is just more clear in the absence of the guitar solo. You could also listen to both versions to hear that Geezer's part doesn't change from one to the other.
              True. It's more of his rhythmic jam. The word solo gets thrown around a lot when it comes to Geezer. For obvious reasons. Haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                True. It's more of his rhythmic jam. The word solo gets thrown around a lot when it comes to Geezer. For obvious reasons. Haha!
                Yeah. Geezer just has it. Bass playing does not get much heavier than it is in GID, just amazing and really doomy and heavy.
                Last edited by NibRules; 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• I just hope the Iommi solo version of GID is the one that's actually on the CD. I would be majorly disappointed if the sololess I Heart Radio version is the one actually on the CD....
                  Rise up, resist, and be the master of your fate
                  Don't look back, live for today - tomorrow is too late!

Comment

• Originally posted by stargazer830 View Post
                    I just hope the Iommi solo version of GID is the one that's actually on the CD. I would be majorly disappointed if the sololess I Heart Radio version is the one actually on the CD....
                    the version you can get from itunes is the one with Tony's solo. so you can be sure that it'll be on CD as well.

Comment

• I just read the new GUITAR WORLD. I gotta say, they knocked it outta the park!!! It starts with a quick piece that had Tony, Geezer and Ozzy all three speaking about the record. But then it had a rather lengthy interview with Tony that was unbelievable!! Had a lot of interesting tidbits about the album, the production, Bill and Cancer.

I really suggest you all read it.

I'm gonna para-phrase one statement for you to give you an example of how open he is.

He said they brought him all these vintage amps hoping he could find his old heavy tone. He said he was getting frustrated fooling with them all. Finally he told everyone in the studio "LET ME DO IT, I CAN FIND A HEAVY SOUND, I INVINTED IT!"

God, I love Tony Iommi!!
                      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Would appreciate if the whole interview is posted here
                        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                          the version you can get from itunes is the one with Tony's solo. so you can be sure that it'll be on CD as well.
                          Awesome, thanks bro!
                          Rise up, resist, and be the master of your fate
                          Don't look back, live for today - tomorrow is too late!

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                            Would appreciate if the whole interview is posted here
                            Sorry, I didn't buy the issue. Those mags are almost $9 each. Thats rediculas. I read it in the store while my woman was shopping for our vaction next week. haha...

It is a great read though... and I considered getting it. Hell the cover alone is awesome!!
                            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                              Sorry, I didn't buy the issue. Those mags are almost $9 each. Thats rediculas. I read it in the store while my woman was shopping for our vaction next week. haha...

It is a great read though... and I considered getting it. Hell the cover alone is awesome!!
                              That's illegal axeman! Pay for your words lol
                              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                                That's illegal axeman! Pay for your words lol
                                Hey, I'm at least spreading the word for them.
                                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X