Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andreaus View Post
    Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy sounds great. Mr Iommi is on fire. Another track that seems so much shorter than its time. This album is going to be something, it really is
    Yes, yes, yes! Tony really is on fire, those solos just kill! I can easily say that personally this is the most anticipated album release ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
      If the producer doesn't leave enough head room for the Mastering engineer to work with then the mastering engineer's hands are tied. They should leave them at least 5db's of head room so he has room to work with to avoid clipping. If he receives the songs with no head room it is going to clip even if it is George Marino. I hope this helps.
      ^This. People often exaggerate the importance of mastering in sound endingeering. Mixing stage is when you define the albums soundscape.
      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• "end of the beginning" in the loop since yesterday

Comment

• I actually am surprised that Ozzy can sing THAT high when singing "I don't wanna see you, yea yea" at the end of the song!
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
            Odd I had the exact opposite reaction. The vocal detracts from the greatness of the track. Great performance by the band but I can't help but imagine how great it would be with Dio at the mic. Or any singer that still has his chops. I still like it but I really think Oz should hang it up. Not trying to be negative. It's still darn good.
            Maybe you should hang it up, Ozzy sounds amazing, this is their first recording in 35 years with original line-up minus Bill Ward, appreciate that.

Dio is past and gone, God bless him he was loved by us all, Ozzy is still here and doing an awesome job on vocals, let's be grateful he still can, and even more grateful Tony Iommi can after going through what he went through beating cancer, and is still in the process of doing so.

The band or this album deserves no negativity whatsoever, we are lucky as Black Sabbath fans to get this, let's appreciate it and be thankful.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
            This would be fine in a fantasy world, but since Dio has passed, and Ozzy is the original Sabbath front man, and vocal sound, it hardly makes sense to criticize Ozzy and bring Dio into the discussion. For some people, Ozzy is the best Sabbath singer, not only for the quality of his voice, but for the feel that he brings to the music, that no other Sabbath singer could come close to.

I have not listened to this yet, and I am going to try to hold off. Less than 2 weeks....I think I can do it.
            Well said NID.

I have been listening to End Of The Beginning, over and over again and can't stop, you have more will power than me brother!

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

I F##king love Sabbath, I am so over the top excited over this album, I can't get enough of the songs I've heard, the whole album is going to rock Sabbath still has it, Ozzy is awesome, Tony Iommi is great not even the ghastly cancer could get him down, I am so happy and over joyed, I can't describe it man, this is a dream come true for me.

God bless Black Sabbath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• On the first listen it's alright, but i prefer GID. Hope it's a grower.

Sound wise, Ozzy sounds 10x better than he did on Scream. Best since NMT probably. And guitar wise, i love the tone. Sounds more like Forbidden than TDYK. Glad they got rid of the recent sound Tony's been using as this sounds badass!
              Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
              The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
                Excuse me, but this is my opinion :
                Singing is not just about having a great voice and a good training.
                If u don't understand it, I respect your opinion.
                Some people have special gifts of interpretation and tone.
                This is Ozzy.
                Sorry if I ruffled a feather or two on here. I probably shouldn't have brought up Dio. I was just giving my first impressions and didn't have a sensitivity filter on. I know there's an endless Dio vs Ozzy thing in the fanbases, which really is apples and oranges if you think about it. Let me just say this. From what I've heard from 13 so far I think it's going to be a satisfying album. It's hard not to pine for the Ozzy of old (no pun intended) so forgive me. Even when I listen to Dio I still miss the young Dio too.

I don't think Rubin was the best choice to produce 13. Time will tell (9 days actually)

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                  Sorry if I ruffled a feather or two on here. I probably shouldn't have brought up Dio. I was just giving my first impressions and didn't have a sensitivity filter on. I know there's an endless Dio vs Ozzy thing in the fanbases, which really is apples and oranges if you think about it. Let me just say this. From what I've heard from 13 so far I think it's going to be a satisfying album. It's hard not to pine for the Ozzy of old (no pun intended) so forgive me. Even when I listen to Dio I still miss the young Dio too.

I don't think Rubin was the best choice to produce 13. Time will tell (9 days actually)
                  So far from the songs I've heard Rick Rubin has done a spectacular job.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    Rick Rubin had them listen to their first album and then asked them what would you do next? If 13 is as good as Paranoid, that would be amazing.

Paranoid's 1st song: War Pigs
                    Paranoid's 2nd song: Paranoid (single)

13's 1st song: End of the Beginning
                    13's 2nd song: God is Dead? (single)

So far 13 is not as good as Paranoid but I am surprised at how good 13 is... and there is a strong possibilty that 13 will be a good as Paranoid.

Comment

• Much better than GID!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        I can't believe some people are actually complaining about the production and mixing ! forget about the song writing and playing here , speaking purely on the production and mixing on both GID? and EOFTB , they're both incredible and I doubt ANY one in the industry would have pulled off a better job ! I'm not a Rick Rubin fan to start with but I can't simply imagine a better sound and output from the band from what I've heard so far ! all instruments are crisp and clear , Geezer in particular is PERFECTLY mixed ! this is how he genuinely sound with the band live , up front and almost as loud as Tony , and his bass tone and sound ? jeez its one of his best throughout his whole career ! Geezer's bass was mixed perfectly on the first 3 Sabbath albums with Rodger Bain in charge , and as much as I musically prefer albums like Vol.4 , SBS and Sabotage when compared to the first 3 , Geezer bass was a bit low in the mix compared to the first 3 ! I always wished it was more upfront as he plays some of finest bass lines on those 3 timeless classic records ! His bass was mixed perfectly again on the first two records with Ronnie produced by probably the greatest producer ever in the rock business history 'Martin Birch' ! his bass was also brilliant on TDYK but really Rick surpassed my wildest expectations here so far ! each individual instrument is very clear here , Brad , Tony , Geezer and Ozzy , he obviously pulled the very best of Ozzy's vocals on this one as well ! even Tony and Geezer praised Rick's work with Ozzy's vocal on the june issue of Mojo magazine (great read and some rare cool pics there as well !), all in all , I find the production and mixing VERY faithful to how Sabbath sound today live ! it also has a bit of that dirty raw signature vibe of the band and to my ears nothing is overproduced at all ! also remember that these songs will probably sound way better on disc format , this EOFB radio quality was poor to say he least (and it still sounds great !)

Don't have much to say about both GID? and EOFTB , solid tracks and they're both growing on me , but still I believe they're probably going to be my least favorite tracks on the new record ! the Sabbath sound is definitely there but unlike many other fans ,I'm sort of annoyed with some ideas and sections on both songs being sort of rehashed and predictable to my ears ! Tony always comes with something extremely fresh , new , striking and original (even to himself !) , looking forward for '13' and I'm still dead sure its going to be a classic !
                        Last edited by IRON-MaN; 06-01-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• "End of the beginning" has a more organic vibe to me but I love "God is Dead" as well. Taking both tracks as a 1/4 of the new album I'm convinced that 13 will be amazing. Particularly in this day and age where we've heard it all before. What I hear in both tracks is the old Black Sabbath but the sound is current as well. It sits right in with the early stuff and it sits right in with today. Of course some things will sound predictable..........but aren't they just delivering exactly what we want?

Tony, Ozzy and Geezer have written some great stuff but credit to Rick Rubin, particularly on EOTB where, even from the sonically limited quality of the radio broadcast you can hear all elements so clearly. Ozzy sounds so good on this track, fresh and single tracked, the drums are very interesting with lots of cymbal fills etc., the bass is vintage Geezer and the guitar!! Both solos are superb, classic Iommi!!

Where will 13 rank out of the 9 Ozzy led albums? I have a feeling, based on the two tracks and the live versions of "Loner" and "Methademic" that 13 will be in the top 5............
                          Andreaus

Comment

Of course some things will sound predictable..........but aren't they just delivering exactly what we want?
                            Exactly, I want my Black Sabbath to deliver darkness and heavyness, doom and gloom, rocking and rolling...it strongly sounds that they are doing just that with this new album!

What little I've heard so far, I'm satisfied in knowing that I've already got a good share of "halloween riffs and wall-to-wall guitars"...
                            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Where will 13 rank out of the 9 Ozzy led albums? I have a feeling, based on the two tracks and the live versions of "Loner" and "Methademic" that 13 will be in the top 5............
                              I'd say 13 will be better than Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die. I wouldn't push it any further.
                              Last edited by ZepHead; 06-02-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
                                I'd say 13 will be better than Tehcnical Ecstasy and Never Say Die. I wouldn't push it any further.
                                In heaviness I think it will rank 5 in the Ozzy/Sabbath albums, in greatness it will rank superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X