No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The temptation to listen to the stream is almost overwhelming...but I will be strong! I...must...resist!

I've already got the first full listening session of 13 all planned out and I don't want to ruin the "once in a lifetime" nature of this momentous occasion by listening to the music prematurely
    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 06-03-2013, 03:48 PM.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Age of reason is ALL Iommi. Great tune. Wowowowow

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I still can't get over how it ends. Same way the first album starts. Feels like we have come full circle. I really hope this is not the end..

Comment

• Age Of Reason is great. It's that opening Brad drum sequence that leads into the little groovy riff we heard in one of the Studio videos. A lot of great background atmosphere through some subtle keys. Riff after riff after riff. Good God! I'm listening as I type this. Heads into a beautiful little jam session that's heavy as bricks.

P.S. Brad sounds amazing.
        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• It's on I-tunes on uk!!!
          HOLY FUCK I'm actually listening to the new sab record!!!
          Don't give any spoilers away sab brothers for those who are waiting/ don't have I-tunes etc.

Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Im interested in what Joe thinks. Are you loving it Joe? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Nothing short of breathtaking. Beyond my expectations actually. After first listen Dear Father was my favorite. The lyrics were haunting, Ozzy's melodies were amazing and there is a sequence where the riffs are just changing and flying at you. I also thought Damaged Soul was the most raw they have sounded since their debut.
              Religion won't save me
              The damage is done
              The future has ended
              Before it's begun
              - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• I'm about halfway through the first song. I've heard it before but knowing the entire album follows I've got a huge smile on my face. NEW SABBATH!

Comment

• Lmao!!!, how many people on here have just rushed out to buy an I pod u reckon?

Up to age of reason now, this is fab!!!

Edit- is our joe and damo enjoying the new album?
                  I read you worked on 3d realms on a different post joe?
                  Duke nukem kicks arse!!!!!!
                  Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                    Lmao!!!, how many people on here have just rushed out to buy an I pod u reckon?
                    I've been a proud owner of iPod Classic for 6-7 years now. Primarily for music, as it should be for. Far as this album is being streamed, at first thought I thought was leaked. Glad it's not the case. Still have not heard a single song yet, and 7 to 8 days to go.
                    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

• Damaged Soul reminds me of a Jimi Hendrix blues jam.

Age of Reason is almost proggresive and kinda reminds me of Rush and maybe a bit of Iron Maiden.

Ozzy, Brad, Geezer and of course Tony Iommi all sound awesome!!

and it is without a doubt an old school Black Sabbath album!!!!
                      Last edited by thewizard; 06-03-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Only got to listen to EOTB because here, it's morning and I gotta go to work(drag). But the song was already everything I wanted(more like dreamed of!) and then some. Got me misty eyed. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
                          I've been a proud owner of iPod Classic for 6-7 years now. Primarily for music, as it should be for. Far as this album is being streamed, at first thought I thought was leaked. Glad it's not the case. Still have not heard a single song yet, and 7 to 8 days to go.
                          Keep it up bud, I wouldn't of listened to it under normal circumstances but I've bought 3 versions of the album under pre-order so I thought what the heck!!
                          Need more beer now though!

Comment

• Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                            Only got to listen to EOTB because here, it's morning and I gotta go to work(drag). But the song was already everything I wanted(more like dreamed of!) and then some. Got me misty eyed. Can't wait to hear the rest.
                            They absolutely can not split up & go separate ways after their tour. This is just too damn good to not do another album. I won't be sleeping tonight, I'll be up all night replaying this until it's no longer available. If they all do end up saying that's it & go back to solo material, I hope Rick Rubin has a shot at Ozzy solo & reignites some magic there like he did with Sabbath. This is just fucking awesome!

Comment

• I am halfway through "Damaged Soul" now and I can't help being surprised at how little some of these songs sound like Sabbath, particularly this one. Sure the first two are classic Sabbath, Loner could have fit on Technical Ecstasy and Zeitgeist is in many ways a rewritten Planet Caravan but there is something else there, to a much greater extent than for example TDYK. I haven't decided if that's good or bad yet, this album will demand quite a few listens I believe, the rest of them will probably be on my future vinyl copy. Nice to hear the stuff once already though, didn't expect that to be honest.
                              "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                              -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                              - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                              http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

• Rick Rubin......... In rick we trust!, thank god he is a sabbath fan!, if you do another then more like damaged soul pls!

Comment

Working...
                                X