• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/5
    The album is for fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Zeitgeist was great, I'm listening to Age Of Reason right now, and man is it great, this is totally Sabbath, the guy above rates 13 at 3.5?
      On a scale of 4! There is alot to absorb... I'll have to listen a couple more times to get it tucked in my head... can't wait to get in on my home stereo...
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        On a scale of 4! There is alot to absorb... I'll have to listen a couple more times to get it tucked in my head... can't wait to get in on my home stereo...
        You and me both Wicked Cricket, on a scale of 4 it'd be 4+.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• It's going to kill me but I want to wait to hear it on launch day. I listened to the first 30 or so seconds of Loner though. After tomorrow one week!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Van Sabbath View Post
            It's going to kill me but I want to wait to hear it on launch day. I listened to the first 30 or so seconds of Loner though. After tomorrow one week!!!!
            I don't have the will to resist, I'm loving every Sabbath minute of it.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• The ending track Dear Father Iommi's playing the Devils Triad in full chord form, and it ends with thunder rain, and the tolling church bells... I'm exhausted, will listen a couple more times tomorrow... peace brothers & sisters... fellow witches...
              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

Comment

• Oh my God!!!!!!!! Damaged Soul, beautifully Sabbath!!!

Comment

• After repeated listens my two favorites are Damaged Soul and Dear Father. Man does this album end strong. There isn't a weak song in the bunch which is amazing. Ozzy's voice on Damaged Soul sounds so vulnerable. It opens something in me that makes me want to cry. His emotion is one of a kind. God do I love Ozzy.

I love that track so much.
                  Religion won't save me
                  The damage is done
                  The future has ended
                  Before it's begun
                  - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• For those who are holding out I would definitely recommend sticking to your plan. The album is astonishingly great but man oh man, does iTunes streaming really suck. I'm not a user and could not believe how tinny and weak the signal was. I finally changed my "preferences" to stream Wav and it seems to have improved it, but there is no way I buy that this is streamed at more than maybe 192k. The clipping and distortion is obvious at higher volumes and while I know many are worried about the mastering on this album, there is simply no way I believe that the CD will sound like this.

I realize "its free" but just to put in a word of reason, you get what you pay for here.

Musically, I think that this is going to be an absolute mind blower. Ozzy's vocal melodies are out of this world. I think he'll lay to rest any of the stupid criticisms he has taken in recent years with this. The guy is a melodic genius. And I'm not exaggerating.
                    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                    -WTB

Comment

• Reading all the reviews actually makes it easier for me to wait. I mean, it's been all these years and for the people who have already listened, that's it. This is more like an event for me haha!!

Comment

• Great Jeff!
                        It's time to give to the man what he deserves.
                        Zeitgeist is the prove that Ozzy is a melodic genius.
                        Amazing performance.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        Musically, I think that this is going to be an absolute mind blower. Ozzy's vocal melodies are out of this world. I think he'll lay to rest any of the stupid criticisms he has taken in recent years with this. The guy is a melodic genius. And I'm not exaggerating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                          Ozzy's voice on Damaged Soul sounds so vulnerable. It opens something in me that makes me want to cry. His emotion is one of a kind. God do I love Ozzy.

I love that track so much.
                          You nailed it for me, brother. A lot of emotions in that track. I felt the same way. A lot of chills that I haven't felt from a performance in a long, long time.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                          Ozzy's vocal melodies are out of this world. I think he'll lay to rest any of the stupid criticisms he has taken in recent years with this. The guy is a melodic genius. And I'm not exaggerating.
                          Hell yes! CHEERS!

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
                          The only real negative that I feel is that the songs are overly long. Over the course of the first eight albums there are only seven songs over seven minutes. On 13 there are five. In the 70s the long songs were setpieces, they were special moments on an album that kind of anchored it and gave it an epic feel. Here it is the norm and it comes off as a need for editing.
                          I ALMOST felt this way, but then I found myself realizing it wasn't that they're OVERlong, they're just long. At least for me, they don't drag. They're in no way repetitive ALA new millenium Iron Maiden. They're sophisticated and organic. It all just seems so natural.

But as you said, we probably ALL need more listens to let it really sink it. Cheers, brother! Have fun! I know I will!
                          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Just finished listening to 13, man was I blown away, my favorite song so far on my first listen is Damaged Soul, every single song on there is great, when I get my super deluxe set and the Best Buy exclusive, I'll get to hear the rest of the bonus tracks.

I am simply overjoyed with this album, Sabbath and Rick Rubin have done the expected and did it well!!!

Comment

• Still holding out guys. This is really tough. Can someone tell me if the whole album is up for download, or is it a few songs? I don't even want to open my iTunes, as I will undoubtedly shat myself and hit the download button, after all this disciplined waiting. I am really going to be behind the eight ball compared to you guys who are listening again and again and again.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Favorites so far are End of the beginning - Zeitgeist - Damage Soul and Dear Father...

looking forward to the 4 bonus tracks

If you like very doomy dark disturbing sabbath riffs... you will love 13
                                Last edited by thewizard; 06-03-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X