No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck!!! I can't believe I'm listening to the album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedZero View Post
      Bro, the setting is perfect. You've waited 35 years for this and you are at the perfect location and you'll never forget where you gave "13" the first hit. Just listen to it one time. Then when you get the real deal you can listen to it at home. Don' let this moment pass you by...
      Major up with this! I'm waiting, not the right time for me, but I'll have it on a CD and cruising at slightly excessive highway speed for my first listen, for sure.
      Damian
      Super Moderator
      Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• I listened to the whole thing once and this is just fucking awesome. Yes I've probably got the "Holy Shit it's new Sabbath" blinders on, but really I love this thing so much already. Its so awesome to hear the whole thing. I mean I was expecting the best we would get would be an official full version of End of the Beginning, but the whole album streaming on I-tunes??? I sure as hell didn't see that one coming.

Just some first impressions for me:

1. End of the Beginning sounds amazing in high quality and got much better with quality as I expected as the Chilean radio station version limited my enjoyment of the song, but this here is awesome.

2. Brad Wilk is not Bill Ward, but he plays his ass off and sounds amazing. If I didn't know better there is no way that I would think that the same dude from Rage Against The Machine played on this album. He just sounds so natural playing the stuff on the album.

3. Ozzy sounds great overall, though his vocals are really only particularly clean on End of the Beginning and Damaged Soul. But the thing is that they never seem overproduced. The vocals always sound appropriate to me at least and that's a very good thing.

4. Zeitgeist and Damaged Soul were the two songs that really stood out to me on my first listen through. Zeitgeist mostly because it sounds so atypical for Sabbath, yes it is reminiscent of Planet Caravan, but it's different enough to be really good. Damaged Soul, well the music speaks for itself. Age of Reason also sounded really good, but first time listening Ozzy's vocals took some getting used to so I can't say it quite did as well as the other two.

5. God is Dead? definitely loses a lot of the great factor when listening to it in comparison. It might be my least favorite on the album after listening to the whole thing, though I may prefer it to Loner which was definitely the track that stimulates the least response out of me.

6. Geezer rocks, plain and simple.

Edit: 7. As for the songs being "overly long" I don't have a problem with their lengths. I don't think any drag at any point, they just happen to be long, and as a longtime fan of progressive music and suites I can't say I have a problem with that. Longer songs are just more music for me to listen to personally.

And overall rankings on first listen of all the songs:
        1. Damaged Soul
        2. Zeitgeist
        3. Age of Reason
        4. End of the Beginning
        5. Dear Father
        6. Live Forever
        7. God is Dead?
        8. Loner

Of course I know within a few days this list will probably be completely different, but as far as I'm concerned there isn't a bad song on the album and I'm glad to be listening to Sabbath's 13. The only bad thing about this is I just got Deep Purple's new album and gave it the first full listen, but I'm afraid I won't be listening to it much as Sabbath takes precedence!
        Last edited by Musicman11; 06-03-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• I..... am...... speechless...

Edit:

Damaged Soul is pure genius, pure blues metal!
          Dear Father is literally the most wicked song I'm assure you. Just the riff is already a work of an archdevil!
          There are many moments when I think of the past songs they wrote. However they are nothing the same.

For those who won't listen to the stream: Trust me, when you receive the album, you mind shall be blown SKY HIGH!!!!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
          Last edited by LouiST; 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Well, we did it. Mrs NID and I listened to "13" tonight, against our better judgement. Like all innovative groups, such as Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Floyd, the music gets better with each listening. A wonderful album, indeed; very eclectic too. There is material reminiscent of the founding years, as well as Sabotage and Technical Ecstasy; even some Hendrix (If 6 was 9) and Cream (Born Under a Bad Sign) influence on Damaged Soul. The composite feeling I get after listening to the whole album is similar to Volume 4, in that all the songs are excellent, but none stands out appreciably over the others. In other words, there is a consistently good feel, and captivating quality, throughout this album. This is destined to be a highly successful disc, and probably a niche favorite in my collection, like Technical Ecstasy, or Volume 4, for example.

Can't say enough about how lucky we are as fans. 35 years I've waited for this, and I had no reason to believe it would ever happen. Sabbath broke up (Ozzy removed) just as I was discovering them back in 1978. Yes, Black Sabbath is back, Billy, and the king has been restored to his thrown. Please folks, think about how significant this album is, and how lucky we are to have it. Treasure it as the gift that it is. It has been fun sharing it with you all.
            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 06-04-2013, 10:35 AM.
            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Guys I have an idea: Listen to 13 first, then listen to the first album!

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                Guys I have an idea: Listen to 13 first, then listen to the first album!
                Im gonna do that now! Awesome idea!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

It's going to sound incredible on vinyl! HURRY UP SUPER DELUXE

Comment

• Do you have to have pre-ordered it in order to stream it on iTunes?

Comment

• Been posting on the main site under my name (Jahan), just signed up to the forum because well...today is a super special day!!

Hi all!, from Sydney Australia :D

My favorite song on the album has to be Damaged Soul

Can't say enough about how lucky we are as fans. 35 years I've waited for this, and I had no reason to believe it would ever happen. Sabbath broke up (Ozzy removed) just as I was discovering them back in 1978. Yes, Black Sabbath is back, Billy, and the king has been restored to his thrown. Please folks, think about how significant this album is, and how lucky we are to have it. Treasure it as the gift that it is. It has been fun sharing it with you all.
                    You said it best! I feel like a part of history here also being at the Sydney concert was an amazing moment too
                    Last edited by VirtuaMuser; 06-04-2013, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lex View Post
                      Do you have to have pre-ordered it in order to stream it on iTunes?
                      no you don't have to do anything at all just click play.

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                        Guys I have an idea: Listen to 13 first, then listen to the first album!

Glad I did this!!! it helped me draw a connection between "Dear Father" and the song "Black Sabbath". If you listen to both songs together they tell a story! With Dear Father being the prequel to Black Sabbath.

Dear Father is about a man who gets revenge on a priest for ruining his life, who I think gets killed by the end of the song. Black Sabbath is about a soul facing death, fearing death, and paying the price for its sins...and I think the person in that song is the priest!

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                          All you need to do is download iTunes for free, and it's there... I'm not an Apple fan, but i had to make an exception now. And it's worth it already on EotB :D And the beauty is i can just delete iTunes afterwards... :D
                          Nah....I hate everything Apple related so much I won't do it....anyways it's only a week...a poor quality stream isn't really worth it. I'll listen to the album when I get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                            Nah....I hate everything Apple related so much I won't do it....anyways it's only a week...a poor quality stream isn't really worth it. I'll listen to the album when I get it.
                            Suit yourself. I'm going to listen to it once again right now...
                            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Totally Blown Away, Sabbath Really Pulled It Off, No Bull-Shit. The whole album is just off the hook amazing. Period. Good Night. God Bless The Rock Gods.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Quality Of Stream Was surprisingly good BTW.

Comment

• I thought I was lucky not having iTunes, because that would make it easier for me to stay strong and not listen the stream. But I am weak. iTunes has almost finished with downloading. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X