New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• END OF THE BEGINNING
    Topic: The band has finally gone trough it's adolescence and grown up after 45 years, and this album marks a new professional era of producing a series of killer albums during the next 20 years so epic and divinely classic they will overshadow everything they've done so far.

AGE OF REASON
    Topic: Pretty much linked to the last song, how good it felt when they discovered that they have gained the supreme, nearly zen-like understanding of writing, arranging and performing music, which will leave not only their own 70's masterpieces, but indeed all music ever made since the beginning of musical recordings in the 13th century, useless to the degree it will just be forgotten.

GOD IS DEAD "but at the end it says, 'I don't believe that God is dead'."
    Topic: Indeed a tribute to Dio, showing great respect, but with the understanding and affirmation that the true God always has been, and always will be; Ozzy.

____

On a more serious note, alot of reassuring stuff there:

resurrecting the sludgy, ultra-heavy sound of the early Sabbath records - stretch out to as long as eight minutes - Satanic blues - "The first album wasn't a straightforward heavy metal record. You could hear the jazz influence, so that was the goal, and to capture that live interaction." - "We had to unlearn everything we'd learned."
    And Brad Wilk's comment
    "I'd never heard louder instruments in my life," "And I've played in some pretty loud bands."
    But maybe most of all:
    After landing the gig, Wilk was subjected to the Sabbath equivalent of hazing. "Tony was constantly fussing with me," Wilk says. "I'd come in and he'd say, 'Did you get the email I sent last night with that new song?' I'm gullible as hell, so I'd say, 'No, I didn't get that,' and then he'd start playing some riff I'd never heard before. And I'd say, 'Uh, no – wow!' He kept doing it until I knew he was just kidding."
    Nice to hear Tony hasn't lost his humor and love for practical jokes. Surely a sign he's in good spirit and fit (considering the situation)
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 02-10-2013, 05:37 AM.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• A little bit about Bill:

Iommi also comments on the Bill Ward situation, when he announced last February that he wouldn't be participating over what he calls "contractual difficulties."

"It was quite confusing," Iommi says. "We wanted him involved, but it was just getting too hard."

Adds Osbourne: "You can't go, 'Well, I don't like it.' You get off your ass and get your shit together. The life of a bohemian rock star is fucking long over."
      We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

• gonna be so much fun this new album!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
          Well that's just the worst news ever. Might as well have songs called Fart Machine and Ass Potato.

Just kidding of course. All of the titles are worn out cliches, but that says nothing about what the music will be. 8 minutes sounds cool, as long as they're good minutes.
          Weren't "Fart Machine" and "Ass Potato" already released on Ozzy's "The Ultimate Sin (Against Metal)"?

But seriously I don't mind cliche' song titles as long as the lyrics are more complex and clever than lead to believe. Like I've been saying since I joined this board this album simply cannot miss if they do as they claim and "return to the sound of the first 4 albums". Critics and fans always respect such exercises of vintage. It happens with classic Soul artists all the time. After they try to keep up with the pop world and go thru a trendy period of wussy R&B 80s stale New Jack of the 90s and then suddenly come back with a classic Soul album like the old days they suddenly make "come back" (even if they never really left). Al Green being a perfect example. He returned to the same producer (Willie Mitchell) and sound of his glory days and years of pablum were forgotten and forgiven.

Same thing will happen with Sabbath. The only difference is that it's Ozzy Osbourne who is the artist who needs a "come back". He has the most to gain here because other than "Forbidden" Sabbath, the band, haven't really followed trends gearing for pop success (even though to me Tony Martin sounds like a pop singer). Ozzy's credibility (but not popularity) was at the lowest point of his career up until this reunion and once they drop a classic Sabbath album he will have his cred back. Iommi & Butler never lost it to begin with so for them it will be: 1) They triumphed with the Dio reunion 2) they triumphed with Ozzy reunion. Heck, even though I'm not into his voice, I think it would be kinda cool if they made a smashing album with Tony Martin next just to triumph again.

Comment

• Sabbath did nix one of Rubin's requests: to fill the drum seat with the ever-volatile Ginger Baker. "I thought, 'Bloody hell?'" Iommi says. "I just couldn't see that."
            That would have been interesting.
            In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
              That would have been interesting.
              no doubt....Ginger still has chops too

Comment

• Baker is one of the greatest drummers of all time, right up there with John Bonham. Since both Ward and Baker are jazz drummers, I agree that it would've been really interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
                  He has the most to gain here because other than "Forbidden" Sabbath, the band, haven't really followed trends gearing for pop success (even though to me Tony Martin sounds like a pop singer). Heck, even though I'm not into his voice, I think it would be kinda cool if they made a smashing album with Tony Martin next just to triumph again.
                  I think they were following trends in the 80's when they released the 7th Star album with Hughes, it sounded like the generic, commercial crap that was coming out in the 80's to me. At least Tony Martin tried.
                  Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconosphere View Post
                    I like the "SATANIC BLUES" bit !!!
                    Me too ! NOW that is something original

Comment

• The Ginger Baker suggestion all but confirms we will be miles away from a "metal" album. I cant wait for this

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
                        Baker is one of the greatest drummers of all time, right up there with John Bonham. Since both Ward and Baker are jazz drummers, I agree that it would've been really interesting.
                        I doubt Ginger would have actually agreed to it though. In one interview, when he was asked about Cream's impact on heavy metal, he said something along the lines of "Well, if Cream is the fathers of heavy metal, we should have had an abortion!"
                        http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                          Great article just posted. New song titles and all.
                          http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ction-20130210
                          "You could hear the jazz influence, so that was the goal..."

"satanic blues"

My mouth is watering! :D
                          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• That's what they should call the album--"Satanic Blues". I got a feeling this thing is going to be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by celt View Post
                              That's what they should call the album--"Satanic Blues". I got a feeling this thing is going to be good.
                              Good ? this is going to be a definitive classic ! I don't know how many times it has to be mentioned so that people would believe it ! this album is more of a Rock album than Heavy Metal , simple and clear ! something Sabbath haven't done since 1978 !
                              Last edited by IRON-MaN; 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Found what might be an archetypal song of the new album. These neat, well-trimmed lads sure instill the darkest, most satanic feelings in this ultra-heavy, riff based instrumental. And what an aggressive drummer! I hope Brad is half as good as this guy.

The blood runs free
                                The rain turns red
                                Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Working...
                                X