New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    Now, now OID. Don't forget that Ozzy said in the townhall meeting that Led Zeppelin and The Beatles were an early influences on Black Sabbath. If you love Black Sabbath, you should also respect their heros.
    They are all boys with each other. Bohnam was Tony's best man at his first wedding. Also Ozzy spoke a couple of times about hanging with Robert Plant before they were all famous.

But.... I would take 1 Sabbath album over 5 Zep albums.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    Any Sabbath fan that can legitimately trash this album either has an axe to grind, or isn't really a fan. Not everything is everyone's taste, but this disc is designed to have something for everyone. Crappy reviews come from crappy reviewers. Simple. There is always someone who wants to take a run at what they perceive to be the institution, and Sabbath are certainly the institution when it comes to this genre. Screw 'em, we know better.

As an aside, still no Deluxe Box, and no email of shipment yet. Quite the joke, I must say.
    Great post! Kudos NID
    Last edited by axeman_12656; 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      F@%k Led Zeppelin! Sabbath are the real deal.
      Are you fucking insane?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        This is not really true. Sabbath formed in 1968. It's just that they were called Earth.
        Ya don't say?!?!?!
        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• As much as I enjoy Zeppelin myself, where are they right now? Watching television, eating Doritos somewhere. Black Sabbath just released a #1 album and are about to take the world by storm on tour.

Now...back to that '13' album thing...
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Everytime I hear AGE OF REASON I kind of think about Ozzmosis Ozzy. His voice sounds like that era on that song. And it opens with the word THUNDER. Ozzmosis has a tune called Thunder Underground. A really sabbathy tune actually. Maybe thats what makes me think of it.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• hey people
              I'm kinda confused
              I saw that video, people are asking questions to our blokes
              and one was like, if they had some material for new album , or if it was it
              and tony said , they totally did, even said that it would be enough for three album

But, nobody ask if they were gong to release more albums, what was the point than to end "Dear Father" with sounds as the beginning of "black sabbath" , it clearly emplied that it was over, like it was over with sound as it begun long time ago.. and it was perfect
              sooo.. what's the point my question is
              why to waste such good ending for discography if they were gong to release some new stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Lebowski View Post
                hey people
                I'm kinda confused
                I saw that video, people are asking questions to our blokes
                and one was like, if they had some material for new album , or if it was it
                and tony said , they totally did, even said that it would be enough for three album

But, nobody ask if they were gong to release more albums, what was the point than to end "Dear Father" with sounds as the beginning of "black sabbath" , it clearly emplied that it was over, like it was over with sound as it begun long time ago.. and it was perfect
                why to waste such good ending for discography if they were gong to release some new stuff

They could have gone into it thinking 13 would be their final album but then changed their minds afterwards. I agree the ending with the thunder and rain is a nice bookend from the first album but what are you gonna do? I'll take more albums rather then worry about that.

Comment

It's more than likely that the band themselves had nothing to do with the thunder and church bell effects. It was likely something done in mixing/mastering that was thrown on for a neat effect as an after thought.

That's of course, my speculations. I don't think they put that stamp on there, wiped their hands and decided "this is it."
                  Last edited by hipster doofus; 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM.
                  ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                    It's more than likely that the band themselves had nothing to do with the thunder and church bell effects. It was likely something done in mixing/mastering that was thrown on for a neat effect as an after thought.

That's of course, my speculations. I don't think they put that stamp on there, wiped their hands and decided "this is it."
                    That's a fact. Geezer said in an interview yesterday that they had nothing to do with that. He also said he thought it was "cheesy"
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                      That's a fact. Geezer said in an interview yesterday that they had nothing to do with that. He also said he thought it was "cheesy"
                      I figured as much. I don't think it's cheesy though. Thanks for backing me up!

Comment

• I'll take more albums rather then worry about that.
                        totally agree with that

They could have gone into it thinking 13 would be their final album but then changed their minds afterwards.
                        but it's more unlikely, because they had like 16 songs, and maybe many ideas, so it is very short time to change your mind

It's more than likely that the band themselves had nothing to do with the thunder and church bell effects.
                        but could it happen that someone, even Rick Rubin , came up with that great idea of ending and didn't asked anything to black sabbath, like hey guys , I've got some perfect ending for your discography soo are blokes going to release another album, you know, just , not to ruin it .. ?

oh I saw that post second ago
                        so that what really happened?
                        they made it without asking sabbath? what is it like 70'? when they didn't give a shit about band's opinion
                        damn them
                        Last edited by Kid Lebowski; 06-13-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

oh I saw that post second ago
                          so that what really happened?
                          they made it without asking sabbath? what is it like 70'? when they didn't give a shit about band's opinion
                          damn them
                          Pretty much. The band left everthing up to Rick Rubin after the recording process was over. Ozzy and Tony have both mentioned how that was hard for them. But agreed that in the end it was the best decision.

Not to mention, the band had NOTHING to do with the church bells and thunder on the first album either. It was a surprise on both occasions.
                          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                            Ya don't say?!?!?!
                            Don't take things the wrong way.

I'm stating the obvious, assuming you momentarily forgot. To state that Led Zeppelin formed two years before Sabbath is simply inaccurate. When Sabbath formed as Earth, Page was probably still courting Terry Reid as his singer for The New Yardbirds.

But I'm not sure why this even matters. Sabbath definitely liked Zeppelin I from what I've read. They also liked Art (pre-Spooky Tooth), Frank Zappa, John Mayall, Cream, jazz ...
                            "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                            -WTB

Comment

• Iommi is on record as saying he was influenced by Cream's Wheels Of Fire, and Zeppelin, esp. LZII, the opening riff of Whole Lotta Love was my introduction to the heaviest thing I'd ever heard at the time... even though Zep wasn't Heavy Metal per say, like Sabath, Whole Lotta was imo the first heavy metal riff... others can argu Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream...I'm not sure, but I think Led Zep I & II predated Sab I & Paranoid both... and as we know, Bohnam was very close firend and fellow Brummie of Tony's... Plant was also from Birmingham...
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                                , Whole Lotta was imo the first heavy metal riff... others can argu Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream......
                                Sunshine Of Your Love ** cough cough N.I.B. cough cough**

At the town hall Tony mentioned Cream and Jimi Hendrix as influinces. I have never heard him mention Jimi before. But I guess in a way Jimi has inspired everyone. Especially at that time in history.
                                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X