Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
    Face the facts:
    Ozzy is the reason for the huge success of 13, album and tour.
    We are real fans, but for the most of the people, Bill is not important.
    So if Ozzy sing or not, he is the real deal for this reunion.
    I have to disagree with that Fabian, the real deal for this reunion is that Tony and Geezer are up there with Ozzy, and yes it was very important to me that Bill was a part of this reunion, but he wasn't so the project and tour had to move on without him sadly enough.

In the case you stated above if it is only important that Ozzy made it on the tour, then we can have Ozzy singing up there on stage solo doing the Sabbath classics, which he's done and I've seen it, and it's not that magical or good, as when he does it with Tony and Geezer.

I was one of the people when I first came on this forum saying, " no Bill Ward=no Sabbath" but I had a change of heart, cause though it was with one member less, I still wanted a Sabbath album with the original singer, Guitarist and Bassist.

I agree that the huge success of the tour is that Ozzy is a part of it, but it's even a bigger success because Geezer and Tony are up there sharing the stage with him, and if Bill had been a part of the reunion, the success would've been massive.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• I'm talking about the business side.
      If u go to see it this way, Ozzy is the most important link.
      Alone he still sells a lot of records and packed arenas.
      At this point, Ozzy is indispensable, not Bill..
      Look, this is not my opinion, but it is a fact.
      Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      I have to disagree with that Fabian, the real deal for this reunion is that Tony and Geezer are up there with Ozzy, and yes it was very important to me that Bill was a part of this reunion, but he wasn't so the project and tour had to move on without him sadly enough.

In the case you stated above if it is only important that Ozzy made it on the tour, then we can have Ozzy singing up there on stage solo doing the Sabbath classics, which he's done and I've seen it, and it's not that magical or good, as when he does it with Tony and Geezer.

I was one of the people when I first came on this forum saying, " no Bill Ward=no Sabbath" but I had a change of heart, cause though it was with one member less, I still wanted a Sabbath album with the original singer, Guitarist and Bassist.

I agree that the huge success of the tour is that Ozzy is a part of it, but it's even a bigger success because Geezer and Tony are up there sharing the stage with him, and if Bill had been a part of the reunion, the success would've been massive.

Comment

I'm talking about the business side.
        If u go to see it this way, Ozzy is the most important link.
        Alone he still sells a lot of records and packed arenas.
        At this point, Ozzy is indispensable, not Bill..
        Look, this is not my opinion, but it is a fact.
        Yes, agreed. They played a moderate sized venue in Vancouver (7200 capacity - not sold out) a few years ago with Dio, Iommi, and Butler. In 2013 they sold out a large Vancouver sports forum with Ozzy, Iommi, and Butler (18,360 capacity). On the business end, you are absolutely correct that Bill is inconsequential to the bottom line. Ozzy is the meal ticket here, as well he should be with the amount of energy and dedication he has invested into his career.
        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 08-24-2013, 10:38 AM.
        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Face the facts:
          Ozzy is the reason for the huge success of 13, album and tour.
          We are real fans, but for the most of the people, Bill is not important.
          So if Ozzy sing or not, he is the real deal for this reunion.
          Yes you are quite right, that's not really what I meant... I was just saying (humorously I might ad) that there was a bit of a double standard at play. But ofcourse there is and you pointed out the reason for it right there.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
          Yes, agreed. They played a moderate sized venue in Vancouver (7200 capacity - not sold out) a few years ago with Dio, Iommi, and Butler.
          Actually if I recall correctly that was sold out, as were most of the shows for the first leg of the tour, which was the reason they extended the tour to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
            Actually if I recall correctly that was sold out, as were most of the shows for the first leg of the tour, which was the reason they extended the tour to begin with.
            I didn't think so, but you may be right. I will forever kick myself for not going. That was a very bad mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
              I didn't think so, but you may be right. I will forever kick myself for not going. That was a very bad mistake.
              It sure was!

I was lucky enough to catch them on both tours 2007 & 2009...both were amazing. Especially the 2009 one. The band was on fire to say the least. Which still seems remarkable, since both Ronnie and Tony were in agony at the time and still both absolutely shined. A flawless preformance from both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                It sure was!

I was lucky enough to catch them on both tours 2007 & 2009...both were amazing. Especially the 2009 one. The band was on fire to say the least. Which still seems remarkable, since both Ronnie and Tony were in agony at the time and still both absolutely shined. A flawless preformance from both.
                Stupid thing is....I can't even remember why I didn't go. I know I had a reason, but in retrospect, it was probably something fairly lame. That's why I always preach about 13 and the tour. The fact that we have these gifts now, does not mean that we will again, especially with age, and health gnawing away in the background. And that is also why I would like to see Page, Plant, and Jones get their crap together before it is too late. Surely they realize that the window of opportunity is closing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                  Stupid thing is....I can't even remember why I didn't go. I know I had a reason, but in retrospect, it was probably something fairly lame. That's why I always preach about 13 and the tour. The fact that we have these gifts now, does not mean that we will again, especially with age, and health gnawing away in the background. And that is also why I would like to see Page, Plant, and Jones get their crap together before it is too late. Surely they realize that the window of opportunity is closing.
                  Hehheh...it usually is something small and insignificant isn't it.....for me it's always about going to the shows alone since I don't have anyone to take with me...it seems like a huge obstacle to go to a show alone...luckily I got over it and just go and enjoy the shit out of the music!

Comment

• I passed up seeing them in Cincinnati, Oh. It would have been a four hour drive so I just decided not to go. HUGE mistake on my part also. I really regret that and often think about how foolish I was not to go. I thought about going just mainly to see Geezer and Tony again.

At the time I didn't care very much for any Non-Ozzy era. I have since very much grown past that attitude.
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to work at my desk and rock 13 while I am getting paid!! Don't get my better for a work day.

Just like the albums from the 70's, This album hasn't tired on me at all. Still living on the high from it.
                      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                        I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to work at my desk and rock 13 while I am getting paid!! Don't get my better for a work day.

Just like the albums from the 70's, This album hasn't tired on me at all. Still living on the high from it.
                        Hey, looks like we both got your kinda job.....I've been working at a desk since 1995...did many MANY types of diff jobs in the past...some I never thought I'd get out from alive.....but I made it in the end

Comment

• Originally posted by clockwork View Post

Hey, looks like we both got your kinda job.....I've been working at a desk since 1995...did many MANY types of diff jobs in the past...some I never thought I'd get out from alive.....but I made it in the end
                          Me three! Been watching live clips today. Getting knots realizing that ill probably never see them again
                          Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                            Me three! Been watching live clips today. Getting knots watching live clips and realizing ill probably never see them again

I think you will see them again my friend!! Just a feeling in my gut.
                            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• At the Gorge show, Ozzy said 2 or 3 times that they wanted to "come back and do this again".
                              In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Pretty nice little interview with Geezer:
                                http://www.purevolume.com/news/geeze...ew-13-religion

He talks a bit about what the songs God Is Dead and End Of The Beginning and Age Of Reason are about...

And about his dogs....and ooh a shocker...religion.

Comment

Working...
                                X