New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    I take it you can guess i'm a fan of the Woodstock-movies, and CH are without a doubt one of the better performances there. Sadly i've never gone much past that show (and Going Up and On The Road ofcourse), they've just ended up on that list of 1(x amount of 0's) that is to be checked out that famous "one day"...
    There is a lot of stuff to pack into our far too short lives!

Comment

• Originally posted by PTC View Post
      There is a lot of stuff to pack into our far too short lives!
      God knows. Esp. someone like me born some 33 yrs too late, having to go back discovering all the obscure but phantastic stuff that's out there...
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Discovery is a joy though, I was brought up on Sabbath, Alice Cooper and Canned Heat in the 70s but I still get a kick from finding new music old and new. Keeps me young, youngish anyway

Comment

Discovery is a joy though, I was brought up on Sabbath, Alice Cooper and Canned Heat in the 70s but I still get a kick from finding new music old and new. Keeps me young, youngish anyway
          I was brought up on Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Ugly Kid Joe (my own stuff) and 80's "metal" (my elder sisters stuff) (and i was 9-10 when the whole Black Metal-thing happened around these parts..). Imagine not only hearing BS for the first time at about 9-10, but everything else that were to be discovered from late 60's/early 70's. I mean, even Beatles. Ofcourse i've always known "The" Beatles, but didn't really discover them until i was 17-18. And everything else, prog, folk, psych or whatever they call it... I just got Black Widow - Sacrifice on vinyl the other day, went and picked it up from the mail-office while at work. Imagine me trying to explain what kind of music this is to my boss. I just said it as simple as "Satanic Jazz-Prog-Folk-Rock"... Sadly we didn't have a vinyl-player at hand...
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• I came to The Beatles late on, I was in my 20's before I tuned in properly after my girlfriend at the time was crazy about them. Music maps your life in many ways, I remember where I was and what was doing a lot of the time just because of the soundtrack to the event.

One of the best things about belated musical discoveries is not having to wait for a new album and you never quite understand why folk who bought them at the time of their release moan about certain albums, context counts for a lot, coming to a band later on frees you up I think, you take it as it comes rather than get disappointed that the new album is not the same/as good as the last one.

Comment

Music maps your life in many ways, I remember where I was and what was doing a lot of the time just because of the soundtrack to the event.

One of the best things about belated musical discoveries is not having to wait for a new album and you never quite understand why folk who bought them at the time of their release moan about certain albums, context counts for a lot, coming to a band later on frees you up I think, you take it as it comes rather than get disappointed that the new album is not the same/as good as the last one.
              I just have to agree with both those statements 100%...

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                The Bassist here says it all. The total euphoric embracing that characterize both Blues, Rock and Metal (imo)

That was totally awesome!!!! I wish i could have been there. The bassist looks fucked up, but then they all were.

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                  The bassist looks fucked up, but then they all were.
                  I would guess so...

Comment

• Let get real here:

//www.youtube.com/v/mFC5ldFCFSc
                    Last edited by princehollow; 02-15-2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Every time I play my 13 CD in my car and go over a metal bridge, the song God Is Dead? skips.

Sometimes not that bad today it went nuts, then when I was over the bridge I replayed the song and it played normal.

Could it be the metal on the bridge interferes with the CD or the Cd player?
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        Every time I play my 13 CD in my car and go over a metal bridge, the song God Is Dead? skips.

Sometimes not that bad today it went nuts, then when I was over the bridge I replayed the song and it played normal.

Could it be the metal on the bridge interferes with the CD or the Cd player?
                        Well metal bridges have those seams..if the cd player is old/poor quality and the reader jumps it causes skipping. My old cd changer in the other (older) car does the same...and it's funny how it does not have any logic to it...it can sometimes do it with some cds and the other time it won't. I would imagine it's got more to do with the speed and the exact position of the seam you hit than the cd itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          Well metal bridges have those seams..if the cd player is old/poor quality and the reader jumps it causes skipping. My old cd changer in the other (older) car does the same...and it's funny how it does not have any logic to it...it can sometimes do it with some cds and the other time it won't. I would imagine it's got more to do with the speed and the exact position of the seam you hit than the cd itself.
                          No both the car and the CD player are new, it happens going over the bridge going West bound and East Bound, where the metal arches and suspension are, I've hit bumps and pot holes and the CD never skips, just going over the bridge in both directions.

Weird.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Can't stop listening to 13!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              No both the car and the CD player are new, it happens going over the bridge going West bound and East Bound, where the metal arches and suspension are, I've hit bumps and pot holes and the CD never skips, just going over the bridge in both directions.

Weird.
                              But still going through the bridge seam right? Or on a flat surface? I think there might be some sort of a fringe event going on that bridge then!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                                But still going through the bridge seam right? Or on a flat surface? I think there might be some sort of a fringe event going on that bridge then!
                                Going on a flat asphalted surface, it's weird and it's the same bridge I take every morning and afternoon, going to and from work.

And I only notice it on the song God Is Dead?

Comment

Working...
                                X