New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Die Young View Post
    Brad Wilk? Sounds like one of those fake products that try to knock off the real one by having a similar name like Adibas or Naik, in the way these guys are ripping of black sabbath, BRING BILL BACK!
    Oh for fuck's sake... Give it a rest already!
    Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
    Do you think of all the pain from your lies
    Or do you deny, you're responsible
    For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

I don't mind the title but am a little surprised they went with 13 as its not very original & it was only 2 years ago Megadeth had an album called Th1rt3en. Maybe there's more in the title

Don't know enough about Brad Wilk to really comment on his abilities, but I trust they've picked the right guy. Do we know if he's going to be the touring drummer as well?

Hope they preview some new songs on the upcoming Australian tour.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Sab View Post
        The album was originally announced for April, but I hope they play at least one new song on their tour.
        Me too. Part of the appeal of these upcoming concerts for me (aside from obvious reasons) was hearing the band finally play some new songs for the first time in decades.

I'm seeing them on April 20th. I hope they at least have a new single out by then.
        Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
        Do you think of all the pain from your lies
        Or do you deny, you're responsible
        For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Its been after so long feels great to be back on this forum. Got to know that the new album is titled 13. I am really not sure of it really. They could have chosen something better. I guess Megadeth's last album was also thirteen.

As far as the drummer is concerned I am not sure whether he is good or bad. But the real question is that will he be touring with Sabbath? I feel they should get someone better than Tommy from Ozzy's band.
          Last edited by Kgb; 01-13-2013, 05:16 AM.
          http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
          https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
          http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

The title is a serious dissapointment.

Seriously 13?? What the fuck? I mean Megadeth just released an album called 13 and they had a pretty damn good reason to call it that (since it was their 13th record) but just to name an album 13 because it's released in 2013 has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This can not be Geezer's doing considering the great album titles he's come up with in the past (Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know)...

I've already said what I thought about this Brad Wilk guy....the band's he's played with are absolutely horrible..totally unlistenable stuff for me... For the life of me I just cannot understand why they didn't use Kenny Aronoff...

I have a feeling that this was just the first in a line of dissapointments regarding this album...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
              New Album called "13". I've also gotten word that the album is "13" not "Thirteen".

Due June 2013

New Drummer is Brad Wilk.

Discuss.

(Yes, I know a few threads have been posted already, but I want to consolidate discussions in one place.)
              I hope your consolidation lasts, so that there will be no more new threads about the new album, separate (sub)threads for the revealed tracklist, the cover artwork, different editions, and so on...

As there has been much bad fortune for Black Sabbath, I hope the title "13" now becomes our new lucky number! I think it's a great title, 13th of January, 2013, maybe 13 tracks on it, and a perfect reminder of the release date of their first album too.
              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

I am anxious to hear this record. Saw the press release yesterday and it put a big smile on my face. I am even more excited at the fact they will be touring. 2013 is going to be a great year for music!
                "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post

Seriously 13?? What the fuck? I mean Megadeth just released an album called 13 and they had a pretty damn good reason to call it that (since it was their 13th record) but just to name an album 13 because it's released in 2013 has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This can not be Geezer's doing considering the great album titles he's come up with in the past (Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know)...

I've already said what I thought about this Brad Wilk guy....the band's he's played with are absolutely horrible..totally unlistenable stuff for me... For the life of me I just cannot understand why they didn't use Kenny Aronoff...

I have a feeling that this was just the first in a line of dissapointments regarding this album...
                  I totally agree with you...
                  http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                  https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                  http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm
                    Thinking about it, seems to me it would be a bit juvenile for men in their early to mid 60's to name their album something on par with a Death Metal band.
                    You're sure right about that. In 2005 death metal band Six Feet Under released an album called "13" (with digits) including a track named the same name. Them, Megadeth, and now... Sabbath? I'm disappointed. Ultimately the music is what matters, but 13 is the tritest title they've conjured up to date and I cannot think of a good reason for associating themselves with acts such Six Feet Under. Perhaps Ozzy's gonna growl on the album too? I'd prefer Ice-T over that to be honest.

The blood runs free
                    The rain turns red
                    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Too much negativity going on in here for my liking.
                      So on that note, I am going to post a link to do with an album they released 30 years ago this year.
                      This is the building they recorded it in >>>> http://goo.gl/maps/yqYlq

As you were.

Comment

The album title is fine. It isn't like Paranoid is the most original title either. Let the tracks speak for themselves. Do you really think Sabbath concern themselves what Six Feet Under and Megadeth are calling their albums? If for some reason this title fit for the three of them the fact the title has been used wasn't going to stop them. Again, this would be the 13th album if you include all of Ozzy and Dio's releases. I think their is some significance their.
                        Religion won't save me
                        The damage is done
                        The future has ended
                        Before it's begun
                        - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

13? Really? They might as well call it Poop Salad! [/sarcasm]

Not the most original title I agree, and the song title "God is Dead" is also not terribly original. If these titles are an indication of uninspired, bland music to follow however, then we should all break the crystal ball and follow the sign of the southern cross [/dadaist hyperbole] Bring on the music!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post

I've gone out of my way to listen to some of Brad Wilk's soloing and his versatility behind that kit isn't very well demonstrated with Rage or Audioslave. That man has more groove than quite a lot of drummers I thought they could've put behind that kit ... he even has more groove than present-day Ward. And for me to say that, says a lot, because Ward is one of my heroes (and influence that started me on drumming).

Wilk will be great.

"13" is just as good an album name as any, really. Don't know why everyone is making a big deal ... it's merely a label meant to label and nothing more. Something distinctive to remember and differentiate it from other albums from the same band. (Although I will say that I like its meaning based on Icon's thoughts ... and I agree with him, although it could be that we're looking too into things, too ... whatever )
                            Last edited by Ryan Porter; 01-13-2013, 09:26 AM.
                            How could this poison be the dream of my soul
                            How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

Black Sabbath - 13... I can't quite decide if it's worse than Technical Ecstasy or at the same low level, it isn't good at least that I can tell you :D Anyway, I still have a feeling that the music might just be better than a lot of us expect it to be. And then there's of course some statistics showing it shouldn't be (Ozzy's solo albums, questionable drummer). I guess I can't help feeling a bit optimistic about this...
                              "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                              -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                              - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                              http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Originally posted by Iconosphere View Post
                                Too much negativity going on in here for my liking.
                                So on that note, I am going to post a link to do with an album they released 30 years ago this year.
                                This is the building they recorded it in >>>> http://goo.gl/maps/yqYlq

As you were.
                                Actually I find all this negativity kind of ironic when I think of the name '13' , the general vibe and attitude here really sort of gives the name some credibility on their own ! , I have zero doubts this album would be a total killer and probably one of their very best records , I also believe that the biggest surprise on the album will be the quality melody lines and Ozzy's finest vocals performance since God know when ! I'm not saying its going to be as good as the early days , but I'm sure it will be raw , dry and much more human than how sounds on his solo records for last 20 years or so ! no auto tune and coloring vocals shit on this one , Ozzy voice might not hold on lengthy tours these days but I hope Ozzy will prove me wrong and deliver on this new record !

Comment

Working...
                                X