Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charger View Post
    The title is a serious dissapointment.

Seriously 13?? What the fuck? I mean Megadeth just released an album called 13 and they had a pretty damn good reason to call it that (since it was their 13th record) but just to name an album 13 because it's released in 2013 has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This can not be Geezer's doing considering the great album titles he's come up with in the past (Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know)...

I've already said what I thought about this Brad Wilk guy....the band's he's played with are absolutely horrible..totally unlistenable stuff for me... For the life of me I just cannot understand why they didn't use Kenny Aronoff...

I have a feeling that this was just the first in a line of dissapointments regarding this album...
    What a downer,man. Why not keep an open mind,listen to the shit when it comes out then rant and rave if you don't like it. Guess the glass is half empty,eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Iconosphere View Post
      I think there's gonna be something relevant in the title. I'm not sure it's as simple as just plain old '13'. There's something else in it. As has been said already, it's '13' and not 'Thirteen'. Released on the 13th in the year of 13. What next? 13 songs? Is there something in the 'one (1)' and the 'three (3)'? I'm guessing it's not just a red herring.
      1 missing, 3 remain

Comment

My thoughts? New drummer, no Bill. I guess it's time to move on and see how the album fairs then.
        Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer-
        Bit disappointed at the title, not original at all. Megadeth released "Thirt3en" in 2011.
        Sentiments exactly...
        Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 05-23-2013, 10:43 PM.
        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
          The title is a serious dissapointment.

Seriously 13?? What the fuck? I mean Megadeth just released an album called 13 and they had a pretty damn good reason to call it that (since it was their 13th record) but just to name an album 13 because it's released in 2013 has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This can not be Geezer's doing considering the great album titles he's come up with in the past (Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know)...

I've already said what I thought about this Brad Wilk guy....the band's he's played with are absolutely horrible..totally unlistenable stuff for me... For the life of me I just cannot understand why they didn't use Kenny Aronoff...

I have a feeling that this was just the first in a line of dissapointments regarding this album...
          I've already got the conspiracy theory...its to delete 7th Star and the TM albums from history. Born Again was the 11th album, and then counting 7th Star - Tyr as Iommi solo Dehumanizer is the 12th studio album. It backs up an old Oz statement about his and Dio's eras being the only legit ones. Thus we have "13" studio albums
          "I want to tell you, yeah
          How Good It Feels
          Sleeping here with you tonight
          And that’s for real"
          -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Speaking of boring album titles, wouldn't Volume 4 be the most boring one?
            Last edited by LouiST; 01-13-2013, 10:41 AM.
            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
            Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

^Doesn't count on the fact the original album name was supposed to be Snowblind. If anything though, I would much prefer Volume 9 over 13. But alas, another album after The Devil You Know. It's a good thing that there is a new album now.
              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Holy shit I honest to God guessed the album title months ago! I'll take that as a good sign!

Comment

13 comes up a lot in my life, I've been thinking about getting it as a tattoo.
                  "Too many people advising me, but they don't know what my eyes see." ~ The Writ

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Webster View Post
                    13 comes up a lot in my life, I've been thinking about getting it as a tattoo.
                    Cool. You now have another reason to get it

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

the album titles don't matter too much these days but im glad they chose a simple title and not something that tries to sound evil.

Comment

Gotta agree with Icono, the negativity bummer here for the most part is about as meaningful as a cheap bag of Mexican brown weed.

So I'll be a bit more glass 1/2 filled guy with what we do know.

First and most important is the music end of it.

Brad Wilk is a good, solid drummer. While not asked to display a lot of flash in RATM behind Zach and Morello, his playing was very propulsive behind that band.
                      And while he got to stretch out a bit more in Audioslave, again, between the 2 bands, they primarily played a lot of upbeat, faster numbers, which I think should bode well for the new album.
                      The thing that I haven't seen from Wilk is a sense of swing/groove like Ward had, but again, within the context of RATM/Audioslave, there wasn't alot of swing/grooving, going on.

13 tracks on the album. Since this seems to be a single disk cd (maybe a double vinyl), it appears that we are going to get an instrumental prelude or two, thats part of the Sabbath dna that we all like so much.

Name of the album- while its great to have a cool name on the album, album titles as have been noted, aren't much of a Sabbath strength.
                      In fact I thought their last album, TDYK, was clever and among the best they've ever had, despite the fact I was less than impressed with the artwork.
                      But again, thats part of the Sabbath legacy, imo.

Well to wrap this up, I'm excited we're getting new music from Ozzy, Geezer, and Tony.
                      Happy for Brad Wilk to be in the chair, and really looking forward to hearing what he has to say about being asked, and in the same room with the fellas, creating this new music.

Tony's fought off cancer, they've got tour dates coming up in a couple months with more promised, and a new album due out in less than 6 months.
                      Its a good time to be a Sabbath fan, imo.

Comment

Black Sabbath 13 I like that title simple and effective

Comment

I don't mind the name of the album. I'm curious about the album cover, and of course the music. Plus, five months seems like a long time to wait, but considering the fact that in reality we've waited about 15 years for this thing since the reunion happened back in 97-98, I can wait a few more months. Hey, I just noticed that this was my 613th post.

Comment

I really like the name of the album for a number of reasons.

Comment

Very surprised that nobody has noted that the first album was released Friday, February 13, 1970.
                              "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                              -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by HORRORHOLIC View Post
                                I really like the name of the album for a number of reasons.
                                Thirteen?
                                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Working...
                                X