No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one cool thing about the Sabotage cover is the mirror.... the imgaes don't look back at you...I did like that.... as for TE and NSD covers, not "Sabbath" enough, I don't like the Hipnosis concept covers for Sabbath... BS needs something darker... my favorite pics of the band were from the MOR sessions, the one that became the poster in the early releases of the albums... I had one.... and poster Mike here has put up other great ones from that album sessions... a setting like that, kind of murky, you know it's them, or think it's them anyway, but your not sure...? or a witch, which is dark, mysterious, and sexy all at the same time... also the inside of Paranoid had a great ominus pic of the band...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
      Really curious to see the cover. Sabotage was a bit crap in my opinion. I like to look at it and think, 'All those who will leave the band, please stand"...
      It looks a bit crap if you have no idea about the album theme and the story behind the cover ! in my humble opinion and ironically , the artwork fits the music and the band at the time PERFECTLY , they were screwed really bad from their management and had some serious personal struggles as well , not to mention that the original idea of the album art cover got 'Sabotaged' itself !

I love both Hipgnosis's artworks for Sabbath (Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die ) , however I certainly agree this album needs some sort of a more darker approach , as many mentioned here , something in the vein of their very first album would be perfect !
      Last edited by IRON-MaN; 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Sabotage was a cool enough cover for Roger Daltrey to rip off on 1977s One of the Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          as for TE and NSD covers, not "Sabbath" enough, I don't like the Hipnosis concept covers for Sabbath... BS needs something darker...
          I think the Hipgnosis-covers fit the music on the albums great. It was a very confusing time for Sabbath, and they were trying to find their way to go in a world changing rapidly.
          Also, if you consider them in a (very small) way of predecessors of punk with giving their message in a simple, hard-hitting way, when punk killed the "arty-farty" "dinosaur"-rock, for Sabbath to THEN become conseptual and "progressive" (even as far back as SBS and Sab) are a very Sabbath move i think.

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          my favorite pics of the band were from the MOR sessions, the one that became the poster in the early releases of the albums... I had one.... and poster Mike here has put up other great ones from that album sessions... a setting like that, kind of murky, you know it's them, or think it's them anyway, but your not sure...? or a witch, which is dark, mysterious, and sexy all at the same time... also the inside of Paranoid had a great ominus pic of the band...
          I agree. The MOR-poster is a fantastic pic, and would make a great cover.
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
            Really curious to see the cover. Sabotage was a bit crap in my opinion. I like to look at it and think, 'All those who will leave the band, please stand"...
            not to mention Ozzy looks like a chick on the Sabotage cover

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
              not to mention Ozzy looks like a chick on the Sabotage cover
              Huh? Maybe an Ohio chick.

The Sabotage cover is interesting, albeit very dated. I like it for what it is, but would not choose it as a favorite cover.

My hope is that the new cover is classy, cryptic, and timeless. Something that we can look back on and not cringe about; like the first album cover......timeless.
              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM.
              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                I wonder why the band never included such songs like 'Planet Caravan' and 'Solitude' on their live sets
                I seem to remember reading somewhere that Tony hates playing the acoustic guitar. Maybe due to his fingers?

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                Forgetting the godawful Sabotage are we?....I wish I could too, but that image has burned into my mind so deep that I'll probably remember it even when I have altzheimer's!
                I absolutely LOVE that album cover!

I think Sabotage may have been the first Sabbath album I owned (can't remember now - that was a loooooong time ago!)
                I do know that it was the first Sabbath album I really delved into though. I remember just staring at that cover while digesting that awesome music cranked in the headphones. I will forever associate that cover with that experience.
                In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• I love the cover too! Absolutely remember staring at the cover while listening to the music.

In my more cynical later years, however, I've always thought their (well, mostly Bill's) outfit choices could serve as a powerful PSA about the dangers of excessive cocaine use!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    ... an image TOO similar to the first one would be a bit tacky IMO...
                    I don't know. If they use the first album's cover art, and replace the woman holding a cat with a sinister looking Bill Ward holding a contract...
                    gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                      I seem to remember reading somewhere that Tony hates playing the acoustic guitar. Maybe due to his fingers?
                      Just by listening, I'm pretty sure neither of those songs (especially Solitude) are played on an acoustic guitar, but rather by an electric guitar without any distortion.
                      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post

Yep, that's a real nice weird cover! One of my faves. I like the Hipgnosis ones too. I like all the covers except 4, Purposes, Dehume, Forbidden and MOR.
                        Funny a lot of people don't like vol 4s cover but its quite iconic in reality

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                          It looks a bit crap if you have no idea about the album theme and the story behind the cover ! in my humble opinion and ironically , the artwork fits the music and the band at the time PERFECTLY , they were screwed really bad from their management and had some serious personal struggles as well , not to mention that the original idea of the album art cover got 'Sabotaged' itself !

I love both Hipgnosis's artworks for Sabbath (Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die ) , however I certainly agree this album needs some sort of a more darker approach , as many mentioned here , something in the vein of their very first album would be perfect !
                          Hell yeah! I like the sabotage cover. I have been saying something similar to that for awhile. That cover fits what the album sounds like. Dark, weird, spooky,crazy and heavy. They were stoned to the max. They all did drugs but on one side ,Tony and geezer were the stable ones and on the other side ozzy and Bill were the unstable ones. The only sabbath covers i didnt care for too much were the next two albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                            Sad thing is that I have really respected Dio's efforts in Black Sabbath, but I am finding that because of some of the misplaced fanaticism in this thread, I am starting to develop negative feelings about the Dio era. Black Sabbath was born with one front man, and that was Ozzy, and that part of history can never be re-written. Ever. Everyone else who fronted the band was a substitute, at best, whether they were good, bad, or indifferent, This thread is about the new album, and it is only natural that people are going to be stoked about the return of Ozzy. The whole Dio discussion is moot, given that he has left this world, and will never be a part of Black Sabbath again. No matter how you slice it, we are so lucky to be given this opportunity to see Ozzy back in the band, and a new album about to be released.
                            Agreed, without Ozzy there would be no Black Sabbath, without Black Sabbath there would be no Ozzy.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
                              I don't know. If they use the first album's cover art, and replace the woman holding a cat with a sinister looking Bill Ward holding a contract...
                              Ha! That would mean a "complete" original Sabbath reunion!
                              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                              Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• I just saw the video on the first page of this website. Were they are talking about the new album, I have hopes for it. Rick Rubin knows how to get the best out of hard rockers.

Comment

Working...
                                X