New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    Funny a lot of people don't like vol 4s cover but its quite iconic in reality
    Vol 4 is one of the best album covers ever made. Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by KHH View Post
      In the sense that it's instantly recognizable, yes. Personally I don't like it nor do I hate it. I don't like the fact that only Ozzy stars on it and overall It's pretty "meh" for me. But meh is pretty good with Sabbath, considering cover arts like Paranoid, Dehumanizer and Born Again

As for the new album, I hope the cover art will be something that catches your eye and isn't cliched. I think they dropped the ball with TDYK. The painting looks good, but having the devil and flying crucifixes was too tacky IMO.

And just for the fun, I'll list my personal favorite Sab cover arts:

1) Heaven & Hell
      2) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (the paintings are amazing, and I love the contrast of the front and back sleeve)
      3) Mob Rules
      4) Black Sabbath
      5) Headless Cross (even if I don't like it has the Sabbath name on it :laugh)
      6) Master Of Reality

And a honorable mention for Sabotage for the great idea behind it. Execution is another story...
      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Hey folks, I've been lurking in the shadows on this board for a while but the new album coming out made it so I just had to sign up! Very psyched, wish Dio was still around and it were to be a Heaven and Hell album, but this is the next best thing in my eyes. I hope the cover is just a large 13 in baloon letters, kind of like MOR, but with a more "sinister" looking font, brown and bubbly perhaps, as if it had been set on fire.
        You bought and sold me with your lying words.
        Phil, your head's all full of lice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
          I don't know. If they use the first album's cover art, and replace the woman holding a cat with a sinister looking Bill Ward holding a contract...
          LO frikkin' L!!!

Originally posted by KHH View Post
          I love that one too.
          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead
            I'm really looking forward to the tour, and I've already started worrying about the set list. Birmingham/Download/Lollapalooza set list was good, but I'd love seeing something slightly different. Sabbath has never been a band that plays songs differently on each performance (unlike Led Zeppelin, for instance). I really hope Iommi at least tries to improvise during his solos on this tour.
            I am looking forward to the tour aswell, I was lucky enough to see the original Sab Four, several times during the Reunion tour and when they opened for Ozzy at Ozzfest, it was magical, I've seen Ozzy solo several times, but when I got to see BLACK SABBATH, it was truly amazing there has never been another heart and soul touching concert, like when I got too see the original Sabbath.

Unfortunately I never got to see Led Zeppelin, the Page and Plant concert was as close as I got to Zeppelin, the crowd was shouting for Stairway To Heaven, but they never performed it, Robert Plant wasn't doing so good on vocals, I love Zeppelin, but I have to say that concert I saw didn't do them justice.

This new album coming out, is just going to be awesome, the magic will be there, and when I get to see them again, I'll get those chills up my spine, knot in my throat and tears in my eyes, the only thing missing will be Mr. Bill Ward.
            Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by invisible man
              The other problem (on the Reunion CD at least) is Ozzy acting like a clown and beligerantly baiting the crowd to "go fucking crazy", etc... while the band is executing their masterful classics. I wish he'd have some respect for their instrumental parts and STFU, I'd much rather hear them play than him and/or the crowd yelling. Save it for the Ozzy solo tours dude, but I'm not sure he knows the difference.
              I have to agree here. Ozzy is the best Sabbath vocalist IMHO, but it is time for him to grow up on stage. He fails to recognize that many fans are okay with allowing the Prince of Darkness to mellow a bit with age. There is nothing more appealing than a front man who carries himself well, but we will have to see what the new tour will hold in store.

And I think that Tony could only dream of doing some of the things that Page does with the guitar, and vice versa. Each has their strengths, and each is as good as the other for what they bring to the table as individuals. Gilmour has more talent than both of them because he can sing, and has a truly beautiful voice; just have a listen to "Murder" if you get a chance. I cannot wait to see how the boys gel and perform on "13", and the debate about guitarists, ultimately, has no end or agreement.
              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM.
              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Wow, great conversation going on here. 28 posts about the tour, Jimmy Page, and Randy Rhodes. Feel free to start new topics about those things, but this is about the new Sabbath album. Which, if you bothered to read here before posting, you would have probably picked up on.
                Damian
                Super Moderator
                Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Will there be any new songs off the album released soon, like on youtube or something?
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    Will there be any new songs off the album released soon, like on youtube or something?
                    I'm hearing a few people who claim to either have something or will have something soon, but nothing verified yet. Whatever song is chosen as the single, for lack of a better word, will go out to radio stations probably a month ahead of time.

I have to credit the group and management on this one, the songs are locked up tight, and the longer that remains the case, the bigger the splash they will make when released.

I'm all for it. We've waited so long now, another few months is short time.
                    Damian
                    Super Moderator
                    Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
                      I'm hearing a few people who claim to either have something or will have something soon, but nothing verified yet. Whatever song is chosen as the single, for lack of a better word, will go out to radio stations probably a month ahead of time.

I have to credit the group and management in this one, the songs are locked up tight, and the longer that remains the case, the bigger the splash they will make when released.

Thank you so much for the information, Damian. I aprreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post

I have to credit the group and management on this one, the songs are locked up tight, and the longer that remains the case, the bigger the splash they will make when released.

Well we're only 2 months away from the Australia tour so I I'm pretty sure the single will be out by then. They most likely will also play it on tour, maybe another new song as well. That's what I'm hoping anyways!

I just hope the album will be kept under lock and key so it won't leak to the internet before the release, but that rarely happens these days though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          Well we're only 2 months away from the Australia tour so I I'm pretty sure the single will be out by then. They most likely will also play it on tour, maybe another new song as well. That's what I'm hoping anyways!

I just hope the album will be kept under lock and key so it won't leak to the internet before the release, but that rarely happens these days though...
                          Who cares if the songs are leaked, I'm gonna buy it anyway.
                          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post

From the Sabbath in the studio video posted a few weeks earlier there was a new setlist in the making showing 3 brand new song titles!
                            'Dear Father'
                            'End of the beginning'
                            'Loner (Fountain...)'

I believe one of those 3 will be released as a single some time soon ( early March ?) and I assume its going to be 'End of the beginning'
                            I don't think its really smart to play 3 new songs on the Australian tour before the album gets its official release later in June ! one single played on the new tour would be quite enough ! they haven't played Australia for almost 30 years so I guess no one will be complaining about the set list no matter what it is !

Looking forward for a new song to be officially released soon and an official announcement that Brad Wilk will be the one touring with the band on those upcoming tour dates !
                            Last edited by IRON-MaN; 02-26-2013, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                              From the Sabbath in the studio video posted a few weeks earlier there was a new setlist in the making showing 3 brand new song titles!
                              'Dear Father'
                              'End of the beginning'
                              'Loner (Fountain...)'

I believe one of those 3 will be released as a single some time soon ( early March ?) and I assume its going to be 'End of the beginning'
                              I don't think its really smart to play 3 new songs on the Australian tour before the album gets its official release later in June ! one single played on the new tour would be quite enough ! they haven't played Australia for almost 30 years so I guess no one will be complaining about the set list no matter what it is !

Looking forward for a new song to be officially released soon and an official announcement that Brad Wilk will be the one touring with the band on those upcoming tour dates !
                              Well wasn't End Of The Beginning supposed to be one of the long (8 min +) tracks? I doubt it would be the single...but then again Bible Black wasn't exactly single length either so who knows.

You do have a point about not playing that many new songs yet...after all they only played 3 new songs on the last tour even after the album was out.

I must have missed those titles from the video though...pretty cool...Loner Fountain sounds interesting (something in the vain of Lonely Is The Word maybe with a monster solo)...Dear Father on the otherhand is a rather stupid title.

Comment

• I hope this actually is a name of one of the new songs, but "Methademic" has to be one of the coolest titles I've heard of in a while.. What you can do and the places you can go lyrically with a title like "Methademic": especially when you have Geezer penning the lyrics!

Comment

Working...
                                X