New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
    Who cares if the songs are leaked, I'm gonna buy it anyway.
    I would care merely because it's unethical to "share" someone else's copyright without permission but I don't do downloads even legally so personally It won't matter because I will buy the physical product.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
      I would care merely because it's unethical to "share" someone else's copyright without permission but I don't do downloads even legally so personally It won't matter because I will buy the physical product.
      I will be buying it aswell, and if they release different versions with extra songs I will buy those too!
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        I will be buying it aswell, and if they release different versions with extra songs I will buy those too!
        Yup. I mean I've bought most of the Sabbath, Dio & Ozzy albums at least twice/thrice due to upgrades and I don't feel "cheated" in anyway. People crack me up when they whine about "deluxe editions" and "bonus tracks" when we waste so much bloody money on overpriced fast food, movie theater tickets and other things that don't last beyond the experience but complain about having to buy the "same album twice" that lasts a lifetime

Comment

• Originally posted by hand of 'schrooms View Post
          I hope this actually is a name of one of the new songs, but "Methademic" has to be one of the coolest titles I've heard of in a while.. What you can do and the places you can go lyrically with a title like "Methademic": especially when you have Geezer penning the lyrics!
          What is the source of this? I've seen it referenced on Wikipedia and the links mention nothing about a song with this title.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Originally posted by charger View Post
          loner fountain sounds interesting (something in the vain of lonely is the word maybe with a monster solo)...
          el oh el...
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
            What is the source of this? I've seen it referenced on Wikipedia and the links mention nothing about a song with this title.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

el oh el...
            I think he just thought it up and likes it... he's "hoping" thay have a song by that title and subject... I take it it has to do with Meth the drug, meth epidemic...
            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
              Well wasn't End Of The Beginning supposed to be one of the long (8 min +) tracks? I doubt it would be the single...but then again Bible Black wasn't exactly single length either so who knows.
              Also remember, War Pigs is a few seconds shy of 8 minutes, and gets radio play all the time.
              Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                Also remember, War Pigs is a few seconds shy of 8 minutes, and gets radio play all the time.
                Yeah that's true...but it wasn't a single. Lot's of bands like putting shorter faster paced songs as singles. But I really don't mind a long single, but it just might not get as much air time as a shorter one would....who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                  I think he just thought it up and likes it... he's "hoping" thay have a song by that title and subject... I take it it has to do with Meth the drug, meth epidemic...
                  He didn't think it up. As h-d said in the post you quoted, it's been referenced on Wikipedia. Hopefully it's legit.
                  Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                  Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                  Or do you deny, you're responsible
                  For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post

Yeah that's true...but it wasn't a single. Lot's of bands like putting shorter faster paced songs as singles. But I really don't mind a long single, but it just might not get as much air time as a shorter one would....who knows.
                    I believe Psycho Man had a radio edit version that was shorter for broadcast purposes, naturally this could be done for most choices as a single if the album version is 5+ mins in length.
                    Damian
                    Super Moderator
                    Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
                      I believe Psycho Man had a radio edit version that was shorter for broadcast purposes, naturally this could be done for most choices as a single if the album version is 5+ mins in length.
                      Indeed it did! Radio edit was 4:05 as the album version was 5:18...

Editing would also be an option, but why not just choose a shorter track (if there are any ofcourse) for the single...I've always hated those edits anyways...

Comment

• Even though they released Psycho Man as a single and it got good radio airplay, they never played it live so there's no telling with this band.
                        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• I believe that their choice for first single off of 13 is the most important decision facing the band. It is going to be people's first reactions and they will judge the whole record based on one song unfortunately. I really hope they choose wisely as it could either make the record catch fire or derail it before it begins.

I would rather see them pick a long song with many changes and not worry about radio. In this day and age they can promote it on You Tube and Ozzy's Boneyard will play it regardless.
                          Religion won't save me
                          The damage is done
                          The future has ended
                          Before it's begun
                          - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                            I believe that their choice for first single off of 13 is the most important decision facing the band. It is going to be people's first reactions and they will judge the whole record based on one song unfortunately. I really hope they choose wisely as it could either make the record catch fire or derail it before it begins.

I would rather see them pick a long song with many changes and not worry about radio. In this day and age they can promote it on You Tube and Ozzy's Boneyard will play it regardless.
                            I agree , I think they would probably go with something that sort of sums up the whole album music direction , and I except something quite lengthy ! Tony Iommi's guitar lead on the intro of 'Bible Black' were also edited on the single ! I remember listening to the album the first time and getting owned with that particular part !

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
                              He didn't think it up. As h-d said in the post you quoted, it's been referenced on Wikipedia. Hopefully it's legit.
                              I was ref'ing to: "is it a song on the new forthcoming album?"

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                              I believe that their choice for first single off of 13 is the most important decision facing the band. It is going to be people's first reactions and they will judge the whole record based on one song unfortunately. I really hope they choose wisely as it could either make the record catch fire or derail it before it begins.

I was unaware they edited anything Sabbath released recently or in the past, the versions I heard on the radio, and still here today, like War Pigs or Iron Man are the full album cuts... I can't believe they would release an edited version of anything, besides, Sabbath isn't a singles band anyway... and do Record Co.'s still "release" a "single" for radio..? That sounds like something from the 1960's for cryin out out..!??
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                                Nah nah lol , I *did* read that title somewhere. I'll remember where shortly..

Yeah, I saw that title on Wikipedia. Of course, anything goes on a site like that, but it is an inspiring title. All of them meth-heads with their grey, scabby skin and hollow eyes: no wonder zombie-themed shows are more commonplace these days. Who would ever wanna be high that long on any drug? I suppose it's great if you opt to walk from New York to St. Louis nonstop or something. Other than that, what's the point in all of that meth business? I'm kinda surprised meth doesn't make you wanna eat a homeless man's face like them bath salts lol
                                Last edited by hand of 'schrooms; 02-27-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X