Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Actually, I think some of the titles may just be placeholders.
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LouiST View Post
      Actually, I think some of the titles may just be placeholders.
      I can see that. There's some good titles already, even if any of them should prove to be tentative.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LouiST View Post
        Actually, I think some of the titles may just be placeholders.
        Yea.. "Yesterday" by The Beatles, McCartney called it "Scrambled Eggs" in the development stage..

        ---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

        Originally posted by hand of 'schrooms View Post
        Nah nah lol , I *did* read that title somewhere. I'll remember where shortly..

        Yeah, I saw that title on Wikipedia. Of course, anything goes on a site like that, but it is an inspiring title. All of them meth-heads with their grey, scabby skin and hollow eyes: no wonder zombie-themed shows are more commonplace these days. Who would ever wanna be high that long on any drug? I suppose it's great if you opt to walk from New York to St. Louis nonstop or something. Other than that, what's the point in all of that meth business? I'm kinda surprised meth doesn't make you wanna eat a homeless man's face like them bath salts lol
        Yea agree it's a great name for a BS song... Geezer would have a field day with that one.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          I was ref'ing to: "is it a song on the new forthcoming album?"

          ---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------



          I was unaware they edited anything Sabbath released recently or in the past, the versions I heard on the radio, and still here today, like War Pigs or Iron Man are the full album cuts... I can't believe they would release an edited version of anything, besides, Sabbath isn't a singles band anyway... and do Record Co.'s still "release" a "single" for radio..? That sounds like something from the 1960's for cryin out out..!??
          In ye olde days, they'd send the album to dj's and the dj's would pick the cuts, if they weren't paid to play certain things.
          Sometimes the B-side yielded a bigger hit than the intended cut on the A-side.

          The label, management, and/or the band, still send promo cds out to key radio stations/print media, etc, to get a feeling as to what would be good for featured mass radio play and promotion, to sell an album.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            I was ref'ing to: "is it a song on the new forthcoming album?"

            ---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------



            I was unaware they edited anything Sabbath released recently or in the past, the versions I heard on the radio, and still here today, like War Pigs or Iron Man are the full album cuts... I can't believe they would release an edited version of anything, besides, Sabbath isn't a singles band anyway... and do Record Co.'s still "release" a "single" for radio..? That sounds like something from the 1960's for cryin out out..!??
            It still exists today. As a metal reviewer on websites I am constantly being sent links as songs (singles) being released as a pre cursor to the full length. With technology it just has changed and moved belong just DJ and radios. That is why i think Sabbath can push a nine minute song as their first "single" because they can promote it on Satellite radio and the internet. It just needs to be a crusher. Something that moves the skepticism from the people that are hesitant with the release. Their best song not the best song suited for commercialism.
            Religion won't save me
            The damage is done
            The future has ended
            Before it's begun
            - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drago View Post
              It still exists today. As a metal reviewer on websites I am constantly being sent links as songs (singles) being released as a pre cursor to the full length. With technology it just has changed and moved belong just DJ and radios. That is why i think Sabbath can push a nine minute song as their first "single" because they can promote it on Satellite radio and the internet. It just needs to be a crusher. Something that moves the skepticism from the people that are hesitant with the release. Their best song not the best song suited for commercialism.
              Completely agree with this! And they did just this with TDYK and Bible Black, so there's no reason they wouldn't go down that route again. They have nothing to prove at this stage of their careers, they don't need a new a hit single. They are doing this for themselves and the "true" fans of the band.

              Don't know if a succesful "lead single" was one of the reasons, but TDYK was warmly received by the fanbase and reviewers.
              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

              Comment


              • Am I the only one that wants "13" to sound more like Never Say Die than Master of Reality?
                The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by David86 View Post
                  Am I the only one that wants "13" to sound more like Never Say Die than Master of Reality?
                  I hope so!!!!!!
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by David86 View Post
                    Am I the only one that wants "13" to sound more like Never Say Die than Master of Reality?
                    Probably, but i'd love if the album sound like MOR with a little touch of the best moments of NSD!. Juniors Eyes and Break Out, f.eks.
                    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM.
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by David86 View Post
                      Am I the only one that wants "13" to sound more like Never Say Die than Master of Reality?

                      Well maybe not NSD, but definitely NOT MOR (my least favourite of the Ozzy albums). I'd prefer elements of SBS, Sabotage and the first two.
                      My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

                      Comment


                      • I think musically is one of the most diverse... a lot different from every other Sabbath record. Definitely the least doomy of them all. Ozzy's vocal harmonies are particularly good on this one. Pay attention to the acoustic bits on Shock Wave. And all that synth stuff is incredible. I can see why it's not very popular, but I love it.
                        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by David86 View Post
                          I think musically is one of the most diverse... a lot different from every other Sabbath record. Definitely the least doomy of them all. Ozzy's vocal harmonies are particularly good on this one. Pay attention to the acoustic bits on Shock Wave. And all that synth stuff is incredible. I can see why it's not very popular, but I love it.
                          NSD is a great album was listening to it last night, I just want the new album to sound like classic Ozzy Sabbath!
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by David86 View Post
                            Am I the only one that wants "13" to sound more like Never Say Die than Master of Reality?
                            LMAO! I hope not. Why would they want to copy an album that bombed? To this day ozzy and the guys make jokes about that album.

                            Comment


                            • I think itll sound like a hard rock/ blues album but it will not be instantly identifiable as the classic sabbath sound. Too much has changed in 40 years in how they approach music. Plus ozzys voice is completely different that it was when he was in his 20s. I do think it will be great, great and different, something our ears will have to get used to.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by David86 View Post
                                I think musically is one of the most diverse... a lot different from every other Sabbath record. Definitely the least doomy of them all. Ozzy's vocal harmonies are particularly good on this one. Pay attention to the acoustic bits on Shock Wave. And all that synth stuff is incredible. I can see why it's not very popular, but I love it.
                                All the 8 original Ozzy era albums are instant classics in my book ! NSD had a lot of experimentation and was quite musically diverse as well ! some of Geezer's best and underrated lyrics are on this one as well ! I believe the new album will probably have a lot of elements from their debut up to 'Sabotage' but still carry on with a new different entity ! I mean that was one of the main strength of the Sabbath Ozzy era , the 8 albums had a great Sabbath vibe yet the music , production and album themes and entities were quite different and diverse ! and as much as I love all of the 8 original albums I don't really want the band to sound as if they're trying to replicate any of them , I know they won't and I'm quite positive the new album will definitely have that early Sabbath sound/vibe yet still grow and progress musically into a new different musical grounds and character of its own !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X