New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David86 View Post
    Am I the only one that wants "13" to sound more like Never Say Die than Master of Reality?
    I'd rather it sound like the first album more than anything.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• I hope it sounds like experienced, otherworldly metal veterans doing what they do. I own Paranoid, I don't need Paranoid II. I own Sabotage, I don't need Sabotage II. I hope they do it from the heart, with passion, and remain true to themselves. It'll never "sound" like the toe tappin' bluesy first album. They're not desperate, hungry kids fucking around in a studio with a couple pints anymore. You can play the album for them and say "replicate this!" until the disc explodes, it's not going to happen and people have to realize, that's okay!

They owe us nothing, and we are all privileged to have the opportunity to hear new music from them. Black Sabbath is as likely to release Master Of Reality Jr. in June as George Foreman is to win another heavyweight title in June.
      ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
        I hope it sounds like experienced, otherworldly metal veterans doing what they do. I own Paranoid, I don't need Paranoid II. I own Sabotage, I don't need Sabotage II. I hope they do it from the heart, with passion, and remain true to themselves. It'll never "sound" like the toe tappin' bluesy first album. They're not desperate, hungry kids fucking around in a studio with a couple pints anymore. You can play the album for them and say "replicate this!" until the disc explodes, it's not going to happen and people have to realize, that's okay!

They owe us nothing, and we are all privileged to have the opportunity to hear new music from them. Black Sabbath is as likely to release Master Of Reality Jr. in June as George Foreman is to win another heavyweight title in June.
        Must say I absolutely love the boxing reference!!!!

Comment

• I don't think the new album will actually "sound like" any of the Ozzy era albums. Rather I'd say 13 may be based on the style of the first three albums, then expand on it with influences from later albums.
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Guitar World article

The latest issue of Guitar World magazine has a short feature on Sabbath's new album. They have a bit more info on the songs:
            Among these [songs] are three seven-plus-minute behemoths---"End of the Beginning," "God is Dead" and "Epic"---which abound with all the godlike riffs, sinister grooves and apocalyptic choruses you'd expect from the fathers of heavy metal. The group also tackles some fittingly dark topics on 13, such as killing pedophile priests ("Dear Father") and the scourge of methamphetamine ("Methademic").
            Geezer and Ozzy are interviewed (Tony is in London) and both are pretty hard on NSD.

Geezer:
            This was a million times better than that last album where everyone was coked out of their brains!
            Ozzy:
            "Never Say Die" should have been called, 'We Should be F*$#ing Dead!
            Last edited by WallOfSleep; 03-01-2013, 05:22 PM.
            In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• A anti meth song... Cool! I wonder if Vince Gilligan (a Sabbath fan) will use it in one of the final Breaking Bad episodes.
              Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 03-01-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                Geezer and Ozzy are interviewed (Tony is in London) and both are pretty hard on NSD.
                That's a shame that they have such a low regard for that album, I think it's awesome and always have, but then my memories associated with NSD are pleasant ones, unlike theirs I suppose. For them to be able to still produce something as good as Never Say Die while in such turmoil is amazing.
                We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
                  That's a shame that they have such a low regard for that album, I think it's awesome and always have, but then my memories associated with NSD are pleasant ones, unlike theirs I suppose. For them to be able to still produce something as good as Never Say Die while in such turmoil is amazing.
                  I love all of the Ozzy era Sabbath albums, I was listening to the NSD album the other day, love it, songs like Air Dance, Breakout, Over To You, A Hard Road, and Never Say Die, are genius and amazing, it's a different vibe from the other Sabbath records, but all in all, it is classic and awe inspiring!
                  Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 03-02-2013, 10:07 AM.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Methademic is such a cool song title. Glad to hear it's official.
                    Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                    Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                    Or do you deny, you're responsible
                    For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• So the songs actually have choruses?
                      Anyway, Dear Father sounds really sinister. I mean, Sabbath had never talked about pedophilia!

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                        So the songs actually have choruses?
                        Anyway, Dear Father sounds really sinister. I mean, Sabbath had never talked about pedophilia!
                        Wasn't Cardinal Sin about Catholic priests as well?

The blood runs free
                        The rain turns red
                        Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

• Originally posted by UnderTheSun View Post
                          Wasn't Cardinal Sin about Catholic priests as well?
                          I didn't read much lyrics of Cross Purposes.

Comment

• Black Sabbath added another tour date to their April/May Australian tour Tuesday, May 7, 2013 Adelaide Entertainment Centre
                            Hindmarsh, South Australia, Australia. I hope we get an official word on who will be handling the drums on this tour soon ! will be quite disappointed if it wasn't Brad Wilk !

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                              They sounded like poets then and teens now.
                              And you sound more and more like you are on the wrong forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                                The direction of Dear Father (and possibly other titles) seems really trite. It's the sort of sentiment people post all the time in news comments sections, usually from people who take a dislike to grammar. They sounded like poets then and teens now.
                                Well we only know the themes so far. How Geezer present them is another thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X