Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The direction of Dear Father (and possibly other titles) seems really trite. It's the sort of sentiment people post all the time in news comments sections, usually from people who take a dislike to grammar. They sounded like poets then and teens now.
    Wow im so surprised you don't like it

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LouiST View Post
      So the songs actually have choruses?
      Anyway, Dear Father sounds really sinister. I mean, Sabbath had never talked about pedophilia!
      You haven't yet looked at the lyrics, have you? I seriously doubt it's about pedophilia.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
        You haven't yet looked at the lyrics, have you? I seriously doubt it's about pedophilia.
        Actually it is..check out WallOfSleep's post bit further back.

        Still don't like the title, but the theme sounds pretty good...there aren't many things more disgusting than pedophile priests.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
          That's a shame that they have such a low regard for that album, I think it's awesome and always have, but then my memories associated with NSD are pleasant ones, unlike theirs I suppose. For them to be able to still produce something as good as Never Say Die while in such turmoil is amazing.
          I agree. Then again, they also don't seem too high on Sabotage - my favorite album - because of all the turmoil that surrounded that recording. For us, it's all about the music. For them, there's a lot of other factors associated with the albums that shapes their opinions.
          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            NSD is a great album was listening to it last night, I just want the new album to sound like classic Ozzy Sabbath!

            I have tried for eons to get NSD under my Sabbath skin...NO way man!!!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
              The direction of Dear Father (and possibly other titles) seems really trite. It's the sort of sentiment people post all the time in news comments sections, usually from people who take a dislike to grammar. They sounded like poets then and teens now.
              The critique on this forum behind something as simple as a song title is outright humorous and borderline obnoxious. I completely understand why it's taken so long for new material. Mortal men being held on pedestals, with an army of nay sayers ready to cast stones in the event the pedestal they built falters. To Tony, Ozzy, and Geezer I say, "Good luck, beware of wolves." Though I imagine they'd laugh these comments right out of the room.
              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                The critique on this forum behind something as simple as a song title is outright humorous and borderline obnoxious. I completely understand why it's taken so long for new material. Mortal men being held on pedestals, with an army of nay sayers ready to cast stones in the event the pedestal they built falters. To Tony, Ozzy, and Geezer I say, "Good luck, beware of wolves." Though I imagine they'd laugh these comments right out of the room.
                So everyone should just go around saying "AWESOME! BRILLIANT! GREAT!" regardless of how they feel? Yeah...that would make great conversation...

                Also that's rather rich coming from you who have had quite the critique about the previous album...double standards are always nice...not.
                Last edited by Charger; 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Charger View Post

                  Also that's rather rich coming from you who have had quite the critique about the previous album...double standards are always nice...not.
                  He didn't shit all over it before hearing a single note.

                  Comment


                  • It sounds like this new album is gonna rock! I think ,Dear Father, is about killing priests who are molesting kids. I said earlier that if this new cd wasnt bone crunchingly heavy and dark i wasnt going to like it. Well it looks like im going to love it. Next month we should start hearing one of the new songs. it will be interesting to hear peoples opinions.
                    Last edited by scorpio 2000; 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                      He didn't shit all over it before hearing a single note.
                      Nor has anyone here said anything about the music about this one either...and why BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT YET!!!!!!! All the talk has been about the things we all know already.

                      If the music is good all the other things won't mean as much...but not everyone still needs to like every song title or the album title or whatever. People can disagree with you and still not be assholes...and disagreements can also be brought into attention in a civilized mannor...which sadly is becoming a dissappearing resourse around here...a place that used to be a great forum, is becoming a personal attack ground...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                        It sounds like this new album is gonna rock! I think ,Dear Father, is about killing priests who are molesting kids.
                        Let's hope that the boys are a little more cerebral than that at this stage of their lives. Killing priests? I hope not.

                        Perhaps a social commentary, without murder, would be a little more appropriate.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          So everyone should just go around saying "AWESOME! BRILLIANT! GREAT!"
                          ......."hey" , this sounds like someone I know

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

                            ......."hey" , this sounds like someone I know
                            Now thats a touche

                            Comment


                            • Everything I hear about this album seems to be great. Just a few more months!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Charger View Post
                                So everyone should just go around saying "AWESOME! BRILLIANT! GREAT!" regardless of how they feel? Yeah...that would make great conversation...

                                Also that's rather rich coming from you who have had quite the critique about the previous album...double standards are always nice...not.
                                I'm excited about 13.
                                ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X