No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer himself has alluded to the possible change of the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
      I disagree. I don't want to have to buy a single. The idea earlier in this thread about an EP with the left over songs on it might be alright though.
      I just don't want a single to ruin the anticipation for the album, that's why i'd rather have a non-album single. Preferably there wouldn't be any singles at all...
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• If they have enough for almost 2 albums then release one now and one next year... in the meantime they can write a few more songs... why limit the 2nd release to an EP? As for releasing a "single" early, I'd rather they wait right up to the release of the album, keep the anticipation at a fever pitch.. don't let air out of the baloon a little at a time...

Album title and song titles.... mean nothing to me... does a song like "A National Acrobat" affect how you like that bone crushing song from SBS..? Titles are just that... nothing more....
        Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 03-05-2013, 06:47 AM.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          If they have enough for almost 2 albums then release one now and one next year... in the meantime they can write a few more songs... why limit the 2nd release to an EP? As for releasing a "single" early, I'd rather they wait right up to the release of the album, keep the anticipation at a fever pitch.. don't let air out of the baloon a little at a time...
          I agree, They can realese 2 albums instead of 1. One this year in June and another one next year.

Comment

• I was thinking (don't all faint!), they only really have 4 spare songs not 7 because, presumably they have a bonus track for the Japanese release, one for the iTunes release and doesn't Walmart or whoever in the States also get one? Therefore I could see those 4 tracks being an EPs worth depending on song length.

Also releasing a single/EP is surely dependant on what they hope to achieve with it. A Top 40 hit? Promotion for the album? Promotion for the tour? (I'm sure there are other reasons to release a single but I've already had to think once already this post and now my brain 'urts.)

For whatever reason they release the single, I don't see any point in releasing anything but a short commercial song. The fans already know the album is due so the song needs to reach out to fairweather / trabscient / Beiber fans(), so it will need airplay, TV play, Youtube hits. If it's promoting the album, it must surely be on the album. It should be released 2-3 weeks before the album, or during the tour dates in those countires with shows, to allow for the exposure to sink in and excitement to build.

NOTE: Short and ommercial doesn't mean bad, they've done enouigh short and catchy songs over the years that have remained fan favourites.
            My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

If they have enough for almost 2 albums then release one now and one next year...
              Thing is, if they choose what they consider the best tracks for this album, making a second album with the rest could mean a filler-album, and that wouldn't be good...
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                Thing is, if they choose what they consider the best tracks for this album, making a second album with the rest could mean a filler-album, and that wouldn't be good...
                Well songs not being chosen doesn't necessarily mean they are fillers IMO. Some might be fillers, but there might also be some that are good enough to be included in the album. And since they can't put all of the songs into one album, they need to sacrifice some of them.

If they really put songs into the next album however I think they will prefer making new songs.
                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
                  NOTE: Short and ommercial doesn't mean bad, they've done enouigh short and catchy songs over the years that have remained fan favourites.
                  Yes Paranoid being one of them, and Neon Knights another.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• I don't think they're time limited on a so called "single", a 5-6 min. song if it's what they deem the first song they want the world to hear will be played reagardless... XM stations don't care nor do FM stations, they'll play it and it won't be "edited" .... I'm certain of that... I haven't heard an edited version of a Sabbath song since Iron Man was first released 40 yrs ago.... and it's been so long ago I think they had a edited version..? I could be wrong about that... I never heard an edited version of Psycho Man or anything else of their's... like some here have said...
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

I don't think they're time limited on a so called "single", a 5-6 min. song if it's what they deem the first song they want the world to hear will be played reagardless... XM stations don't care nor do FM stations, they'll play it and it won't be "edited" .... I'm certain of that... I haven't heard an edited version of a Sabbath song since Iron Man was first released 40 yrs ago.... and it's been so long ago I think they had a edited version..? I could be wrong about that... I never heard an edited version of Psycho Man or anything else of their's... like some here have said...
                      Does fm rock even still exist?

Comment

• I don't want to get anybody down but I know a guy who knows a guy (seriously!) who actually got to hear some of the songs and he described them as "okay".
                        To be fair - he said it's always awkward and hard to get a sense of the song while listening to new music in a strange place, in a room full of people... but "okay"? Has me a little worried.
                        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                          I don't want to get anybody down but I know a guy who knows a guy (seriously!) who actually got to hear some of the songs and he described them as "okay".
                          To be fair - he said it's always awkward and hard to get a sense of the song while listening to new music in a strange place, in a room full of people... but "okay"? Has me a little worried.
                          ...I don't doubt what you have been told , but I can JUST tell you this , you have ZERO worry!!! And that is a PROMISE....

Comment

I don't want to get anybody down but I know a guy who knows a guy (seriously!) who actually got to hear some of the songs and he described them as "okay".
                            As much as I hope for better, "okay" is what I am expecting to hear on this release. It seems that all of these old time rockers can only come up with "okay" as they try to stay relevant as musical senior citizens. I have to say that I am okay with "okay", as my expectations are set at a reasonable level, and no matter how you slice it, this will be a historic moment for all of us fans, especially the Ozzy era loyalists. I will be thrilled with whatever they offer, especially if it exceeds my expectations, but I am not holding my breath. I still feel like a kid waiting in anticipation, and this release will be very special for a myriad of reasons.
                            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM.
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

I'm not expecting anything near what the original classics were anyway. Just looking for a solid album. Did the guy give any more info?
                              Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I think the key word here is "listening".
                                Was anybody really listening to the music, or was it background music for an industry party in LA?

What does the "guy" who knows the guy that you know, do where he would be at an event like this?
                                If he's a musician in the hard rock field he was maybe listening, if he's an advertising guy, dj, writer, hanger on, etc, etc, he probably wasn't doing alot of listening but mainly networking.

Comment

Working...
                                X