Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Okay" is fine by me. If it's great on first listen chances are it will fade quickly. Much of my favourite music was only okay or even indifferent on first hearing. Until you hear it a few times and let the layers sink in does it's greatness show! Of course sometimes they remain okay/indifferent.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
      I don't want to get anybody down but I know a guy who knows a guy (seriously!) who actually got to hear some of the songs and he described them as "okay".
      To be fair - he said it's always awkward and hard to get a sense of the song while listening to new music in a strange place, in a room full of people... but "okay"? Has me a little worried.
      Well okay is better than horrible.

      So album is all done then. We should be expeting to hear some official word on the artwork and song listing and the name of the first single soon then...perhaps at the end of the month.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
        I don't want to get anybody down but I know a guy who knows a guy (seriously!) who actually got to hear some of the songs and he described them as "okay".
        To be fair - he said it's always awkward and hard to get a sense of the song while listening to new music in a strange place, in a room full of people... but "okay"? Has me a little worried.

        Sorry Wall.. ain't buying it, your BS'ing... your an insider now??? That's funny, "I know a guy who knows a guy.." LOL!

        I can't believe the rest of you actually swallowed this...
        Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 03-06-2013, 06:56 AM.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post

          Sorry Wall.. ain't buying it, your BS'ing... your an insider now??? That's funny, "I know a guy who knows a guy.." LOL!

          I can't believe the rest of you actually swallowed this...
          Its not that far fetched, but also consider its cool these days to be jaded and unimpressed. Thats probably the mentality of the listener. Remember this album will be for the existing fans, they aren't going to be looking for new converts at this point

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            Sorry Wall.. ain't buying it, your BS'ing... your an insider now??? That's funny, "I know a guy who knows a guy.." LOL!

            I can't believe the rest of you actually swallowed this...
            Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
            Its not that far fetched, but also consider its cool these days to be jaded and unimpressed. Thats probably the mentality of the listener. Remember this album will be for the existing fans, they aren't going to be looking for new converts at this point

            I'm sure the new album will be better than ok, it will be awe inspiring, jaw dropping fantastic!
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              I'm sure the new album will be better than ok, it will be awe inspiring, jaw dropping fantastic!
              This ! 'O.K' my arse ! this album will end up as one of the greatest rock/metal releases within the last 2 decades at least ! I'm speculating it would easily make any die hard fan top 10 Sabbath album list , well maybe some people think I'm exaggerating or being a bit too positive or optimistic , but this is honestly the way I believe and expect the new album to be , a modern classic and YES , it will be comparable to many of the first 8 classic original line-up albums.

              Comment


              • I NEED MORE THAN "I KNOW A GUY WHO KNOWS A GUY..WHOO.." Sorry unless you can verify with hard facts I'm not buying this BS....

                I know a woman who knows a guy who's wife's sister's niece said she heard some songs and had an orgasm they were so good...
                Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM.
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                  This ! 'O.K' my arse ! this album will end up as one of the greatest rock/metal releases within the last 2 decades at least ! I'm speculating it would easily make any die hard fan top 10 Sabbath album list , well maybe some people think I'm exaggerating or being a bit too positive or optimistic , but this is honestly the way I believe and expect the new album to be , a modern classic and YES , it will be comparable to many of the first 8 classic original line-up albums.
                  My feelings exactly IRON-MaN, we've been waiting thirty five years for this album, I'm sure Tony, Geezer and Ozzy aren't putting out an album just to make a buck off of it, and have it sound mediocre.

                  I know this new Black Sabbath album will live up to the Black Sabbath legacy and name.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                    This ! 'O.K' my arse ! this album will end up as one of the greatest rock/metal releases within the last 2 decades at least ! I'm speculating it would easily make any die hard fan top 10 Sabbath album list , well maybe some people think I'm exaggerating or being a bit too positive or optimistic , but this is honestly the way I believe and expect the new album to be , a modern classic and YES , it will be comparable to many of the first 8 classic original line-up albums.
                    No. It should be "OK our arses"! XD
                    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

                    Comment


                    • I don't know what was going on with the earlier mentioned "knows somebody who knows somebody" but I have no doubt that this is going to be a very good album. It may not be another 'Paranoid' or 'Master of Reality' but it will have many great and magical moments for Sabbath fans. They have been working on this for a long time, and I really believe that having a producer (Rick Rubin) in the fold will prove to have been the right move. It won't please everybody, and may not even live up to the hype, but I have no doubt it will be very good, and something I will find myself still listening to five-ten years from now. I still listen to TDYK at least once a month, and find that it gets better every time I hear it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by celt View Post
                        I don't know what was going on with the earlier mentioned "knows somebody who knows somebody" but I have no doubt that this is going to be a very good album. It may not be another 'Paranoid' or 'Master of Reality' but it will have many great and magical moments for Sabbath fans. They have been working on this for a long time, and I really believe that having a producer (Rick Rubin) in the fold will prove to have been the right move. It won't please everybody, and may not even live up to the hype, but I have no doubt it will be very good, and something I will find myself still listening to five-ten years from now. I still listen to TDYK at least once a month, and find that it gets better every time I hear it.
                        Not to get off topic, but The Devil You Know, was a fantastic album, I love it. So I Know that this new Sabbath album 13 will be great as well if not greater, we are talking about the members that started it all, less Bill Ward of course.

                        When certain people get together to perform music there is a certain magic involved, the great late Ronnie James Dio proved that, when he reunited with Sabbath, and So will Ozzy Osbourne, the LIVING LEGEND!!!
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • The fact that they attempted a new album before back in 2004 and ultimatly decided it wasn't up to par makes me even more excited for this release. The fact that they didn't believe it was good enough 9 years ago but they do now makes me happy!!
                          www.downtrendmetal.com

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                            Did the guy give any more info?
                            I know that he only heard three songs - but may hear more in the coming weeks.

                            Originally posted by E7474 View Post
                            I think the key word here is "listening".
                            Was anybody really listening to the music, or was it background music for an industry party in LA?

                            What does the "guy" who knows the guy that you know, do where he would be at an event like this?
                            If he's a musician in the hard rock field he was maybe listening, if he's an advertising guy, dj, writer, hanger on, etc, etc, he probably wasn't doing alot of listening but mainly networking.
                            Writer/musician - he was there in the capacity of a writer though. I have no idea about the setting or the number of people present.

                            Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                            Sorry Wall.. ain't buying it, your BS'ing... your an insider now??? That's funny, "I know a guy who knows a guy.." LOL!

                            I can't believe the rest of you actually swallowed this...
                            I really don't care if you believe me or not. And no, I'm not an insider. This all started with an email that surprisingly got answered.
                            In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                              This ! 'O.K' my arse ! this album will end up as one of the greatest rock/metal releases within the last 2 decades at least ! I'm speculating it would easily make any die hard fan top 10 Sabbath album list , well maybe some people think I'm exaggerating or being a bit too positive or optimistic , but this is honestly the way I believe and expect the new album to be , a modern classic and YES , it will be comparable to many of the first 8 classic original line-up albums.
                              It's silly to call the album one of the best rock releases of the decade when you have yet to hear a single note from it...
                              Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                              Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                              Or do you deny, you're responsible
                              For the victims of the sins you devised

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                                The fact that they attempted a new album before back in 2004 and ultimatly decided it wasn't up to par makes me even more excited for this release.
                                My perspective as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X