New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E7474 View Post
    Brad Wilk is a good, solid drummer. While not asked to display a lot of flash in RATM behind Zach and Morello, his playing was very propulsive behind that band.
    And while he got to stretch out a bit more in Audioslave, again, between the 2 bands, they primarily played a lot of upbeat, faster numbers, which I think should bode well for the new album.
    The thing that I haven't seen from Wilk is a sense of swing/groove like Ward had, but again, within the context of RATM/Audioslave, there wasn't alot of swing/grooving, going on.
    You probably haven't checked the guy well , try some live videos on youtube , he is all about swing and groove if you ask me , locks in musically very nicely with the bass as well , I can clearly see why the choice is interesting and I have very little concern regarding his drums on the album !

As for the negativity all around here , don't mind really , some people always seem to complain anyway 'will they ever do any album with Ozzy ? ' , ' when are we going to have a new album and material ?' ,' I don't want to see them tour playing the same old songs and setlist' , 'BRING BILL BACK' ( for the millionth time) and so on , I personally choose to enjoy such historical moment and much looking forward for the new album and tour , again I'm expecting the new record to be one of their very best ! only time will tell and hope we will hear some teaser and new single coming out soon !
    Last edited by IRON-MaN; 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

1. Black Sabbath
      2. Paranoid
      3. Master Of Reality
      4. Volume 4
      5. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
      6. Sabotage
      7. Technical Ecstasy
      8. Never Say Die
      9. Heaven And Hell
      10. Mob Rules
      11. Live Evil
      12. Dehumanizer
      13. 13
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        1. Black Sabbath
        2. Paranoid
        3. Master Of Reality
        4. Volume 4
        6. Sabotage
        7. Technical Ecstasy
        8. Never Say Die
        9. Heaven And Hell
        10. Mob Rules
        11. Dehumanizer
        12. The Devil You Know
        13. 13
        I agree but this is the way I see it.
        Religion won't save me
        The damage is done
        The future has ended
        Before it's begun
        - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

13? That OK with me. Back in 1972 when Sabbath anounced theyre new album was gonna be called Volume 4 I'm sure there was a few suprised faces, just like there is now with 13, and look what a classic that turned out to be. A few months ago Ozzy pretty much said it was gonna be something involving 13 so its no great suprise.
          Do you believe a word what the good book says?
          Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

For the people complaining about the title,this might not be set in stone. It doesnt come out till june so they might change it by then.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              1. Black Sabbath
              2. Paranoid
              3. Master Of Reality
              4. Volume 4
              6. Sabotage
              7. Technical Ecstasy
              8. Never Say Die
              9. Heaven And Hell
              10. Mob Rules
              11. Live Evil
              12. Dehumanizer
              13. 13
              Leave the live album out and insert TDYK and you got 13 "real Sabbath" studio albums if only Ozzy & Dio are the criteria (and it should be). I don't think 13 refers to this but I'd love to think it did. Being the official Sabbath site (moronically) ignores RJD I doubt they plan to show the greatest rock singer of all time respect with The Osbournes in the mix

If "Reunion" isn't included I doubt "Live Evil" would be.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                For the people complaining about the title,this might not be set in stone. It doesnt come out till june so they might change it by then.
                Yeah, remember Ozzy changed the name of his last album from Soul Sucka to Scream because people got all bent out of shape over it. I doubt that will happen here, however. I'm sure there is an interesting explanation for the "13" title, which we fans may or may not ever be privy to.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ron Paul;310207]In mine too, since I was born on Jan 13th. Nice to see a Sabbath connection heh heh... [COLOR="silver"]

HAPPY B DAY!!! Was about to give u my thoughts on the relevance of 33, but then it was gone...

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by HORRORHOLIC View Post
                    I really like the name of the album for a number of reasons.
                    hehe, i get it :D

Comment

Sorry Ron, i hadn't known u responded back, someone just let me know....

Again, "happy bday buddy, hope it was/is a blessed great day for u" ..

there is much symbolism associated with the age "33" , much of it just that hype and rituals...

then u have the major importance of the 33 miracles performed , 24 of which were cures , problem is there was/were/is til present day , a countless number more performed by his wonderfull hand....

the greatest meaning is the 33 years God through Christ lived here amongst us in the flesh WITHOUT sin , in full purity , and let himself be put to death for our salvation...

so Ron, ur living the perfect age , enjoy

Psalm 33

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                        You probably haven't checked the guy well , try some live videos on youtube , he is all about swing and groove if you ask me , locks in musically very nicely with the bass as well , I can clearly see why the choice is interesting and I have very little concern regarding his drums on the album !
                        Don't get me wrong, I like Brad Wilk very much, but to say the guy has displayed the swing/jazz-style chops of Bill Ward (think The Wizard/Faries Wear Boots) in his work with RATM/Audioslave, well frankly, I haven't heard that in those 2 bands music. I'm not saying he can't do it, I just haven't heard it.

And as far as listening to his work, I've seen plenty of video, have the cds, and have caught Rage once, and Audioslave 4x live, so I'm familar with Wilk's live playing.

What in the RATM/Audioslave catalog do you think most sounds like Sabbath?

Comment

By the way, if they release it on 13th June, that would happen to be my birthday!!!
                          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by celt View Post
                            Yeah, remember Ozzy changed the name of his last album from Soul Sucka to Scream because people got all bent out of shape over it. I doubt that will happen here, however. I'm sure there is an interesting explanation for the "13" title, which we fans may or may not ever be privy to.
                            I think Ozzy already said it had to do with the year 2013

Comment

Originally posted by E7474 View Post
                              Don't get me wrong, I like Brad Wilk very much, but to say the guy has displayed the swing/jazz-style chops of Bill Ward (think The Wizard/Faries Wear Boots) in his work with RATM/Audioslave, well frankly, I haven't heard that in those 2 bands music. I'm not saying he can't do it, I just haven't heard it.

And as far as listening to his work, I've seen plenty of video, have the cds, and have caught Rage once, and Audioslave 4x live, so I'm familar with Wilk's live playing.

What in the RATM/Audioslave catalog do you think most sounds like Sabbath?
                              Cheers , no one could drum the way Bill did on the original 8 albums ( not even Bill himself !) , to me Bill had some of the best musical vocabulary which were simply second to none , his orchestrated drumming and locked in groove with Geezer in particular was major part of the Sabbath sound back then , in that sense I'm comparing Brad to Bill's drumming style , his rhythm sections along with Tim Commerford on RATM are quite groovy , he is not your typical modern rock/metal drummer like Tommy for instance ( solid and technically very good but lacks that soul , feel and groove ) , he is more of a 'thinking' drummer like Bill , listens very well to everything going around and responds musically to that on his kits.

So basically for those concerned , his drumming will be quite different to what he did back with Audioslave and RATM , but the initials of his drumming style and Sabbath's music are quite promising , he is a huge fan of the band and drummers like Ward , Bonham and Stewart Copeland are some of his major influences , and lets not forget that the band did actually audition a couple of drummers before settling with Wilk , so obviously there is something extra special about the fellow , I think he will really sound great on the album and his drumming will both fit the songs and the band very well !

Comment

1. Black Sabbath
                                2. Paranoid
                                3. Master Of Reality
                                4. Volume 4
                                6. Sabotage
                                7. Technical Ecstasy
                                8. We Sold Our Souls For Rock N Roll
                                9. Never Say Die
                                10. Live At Last
                                11. Reunion