New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
    It's silly to call the album one of the best rock releases of the decade when you have yet to hear a single note from it...
    I respect his optimism, but I agree that making such a claim is over reaching. Look, I love Sabbath, but if you look at all the old time bands, such as The Stones, Rush, Van Halen, and so on, they only seem to be able to release "okay" albums once they hit a certain age. I have no reason to believe that Sabbath will be any different. There will always be those people who say that 13 is the best thing ever, and that it blows away everything recorded by any other group in the history of mankind, but these are the same people that express the same sentiments about NSD. Yes, 13 will be historic, and we will all love it for various reasons, but it would defy all odds if it was a mind blowing masterpiece. Set your expectations at a reasonable level, and you will have a better experience when 13 hits the market in June. The magic of youth is gone, and it will be very challenging for the boys to revisit the successes of their formative years; if they do, even better for us fans.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
      It's silly to call the album one of the best rock releases of the decade when you have yet to hear a single note from it...
      Obviously. I think it's impossible that the album will be a dud. They've had time and outside opinions from a producer who had the right idea "listen to the first 4 albums". They know what NOT to do and that's try to go modern like Ozzy's solo albums.

Just like with TDYK, which I think is fantastic, there will be polarizing opinions about 13 because of expectations. I think it was a mistake to announce the album so bloody soon. I don't expect a masterpiece but I know I'm going to like it based on what Geezer has said about the songs. But it's only March 6th! If it's finished get it out there chaps!

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
        I know that he only heard three songs - but may hear more in the coming weeks.

Writer/musician - he was there in the capacity of a writer though. I have no idea about the setting or the number of people present.

I really don't care if you believe me or not. And no, I'm not an insider. This all started with an email that surprisingly got answered.
        Thanks for passing this on WallOfSleep , the 3 songs are probably 'Age of reason' , 'End of the beginning' and 'Epic' (same as the ones that were heard and reviewed by Kerrang magazine on their Sabbath article a couple of weeks back , apparently some people were invited for a small little listening party to taste and review what will the Sabbath new record would sound like , anyway its just hard to really grasp some classics on a first listen , on a personal level it took me years to fully appreciate and understand the greatness , layers and musicality of an album like 'Sabotage' , of course on any first listen it will sound good , great or O.K! and those were only 3 songs out of 9 or 15 (all recorded songs) so there is nothing much to judge really!

Still keeping my expectations high and for the rest of the members , show some respect please , the guy merely passed a point of view from someone who got a sneak preview listen to 3 songs on the album , whether you believe him or not , there is definitely no need to be rude or offensive !

Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post

Sure thing , but its merely a speculation or my personal level of expectation to how good this album will be ! if it's not AS good I might get a bit disappointed , but anyway I'm sure almost all Sabbath fans will be pleased with the new record.
        Last edited by IRON-MaN; 03-06-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
          Sure thing , but its merely a speculation or my personal level of expectation to how good this album will be ! if it's not AS good I might get a bit disappointed , but anyway I'm sure almost all Sabbath fans will be pleased with the new record.
          I do not quite share your optimism, but I doubt it would be a dud. Best release in couple of decades though...I seriously doubt that. Album of the year...well it has some strong competition this year since a shitload of awesome music is coming out, but it is possible if everything falls into place.

I don't want to get my hopes too high with this then I won't be dissappointed if it won't match my expectations. Instead I might go "Holy shit...this is better than I would have thought!" I prefer that.

There are gazillion things that might go wrong with this...but there are just as many things that can go right.

Comment

• I remember reading a few weeks back where some Classic Rock Magazine editors were able to hear a few select cuts from the album and they were absolutely floored by how awesome they were. Those guys know good music when they hear it and they wouldn't lie.

This knucklehead, whoever he is, has no proven credentials and I for one don't take any stock in his opinion whatsoever.

This album is going to kick major ass!
            "...live for today, tomorrow never comes..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Master of Insanity View Post
              This knucklehead, whoever he is, has no proven credentials and I for one don't take any stock in his opinion whatsoever.
              So he's a knucklehead for saying that the new songs were okay? Good grief...
              Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
              Do you think of all the pain from your lies
              Or do you deny, you're responsible
              For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Just bought the new Kerrang, purely for the Sabbath story on the cover. A 16 page piece in which it shows Ozzy writing out lyrics on a pad of paper. The song appears to be titled Isolated man.
                Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
                  Just bought the new Kerrang, purely for the Sabbath story on the cover. A 16 page piece in which it shows Ozzy writing out lyrics on a pad of paper. The song appears to be titled Isolated man.
                  More of the content maybe?\m/
                  Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                  Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                  In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                  The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                    I know that he only heard three songs - but may hear more in the coming weeks.

Writer/musician - he was there in the capacity of a writer though. I have no idea about the setting or the number of people present.

I really don't care if you believe me or not. And no, I'm not an insider. This all started with an email that surprisingly got answered.
                    It doesn't really matter one way or the other, if this person you vaguely speak of thought the songs were "OK", but if your going to throw grenades on a fire, at least back it up with some facts, this person who knows this other person, where did they hear the tracks?, how are they connected to the band?, the record co.?, whatever... no I don't believe you, but that's my perogative, you should at least have some factual info before making such an attention getting statement.. which I think is all it is....
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
                      Just bought the new Kerrang, purely for the Sabbath story on the cover. A 16 page piece in which it shows Ozzy writing out lyrics on a pad of paper. The song appears to be titled Isolated man.
                      I haven't bought that stupid mag since i was a stupid 14yr. Is it worth buying a copy?
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                        I haven't bought that stupid mag since i was a stupid 14yr. Is it worth buying a copy?
                        If your still stupid? Yes!
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          I respect his optimism, but I agree that making such a claim is over reaching. Look, I love Sabbath, but if you look at all the old time bands, such as The Stones, Rush, Van Halen, and so on, they only seem to be able to release "okay" albums once they hit a certain age. I have no reason to believe that Sabbath will be any different. There will always be those people who say that 13 is the best thing ever, and that it blows away everything recorded by any other group in the history of mankind, but these are the same people that express the same sentiments about NSD. Yes, 13 will be historic, and we will all love it for various reasons, but it would defy all odds if it was a mind blowing masterpiece. Set your expectations at a reasonable level, and you will have a better experience when 13 hits the market in June. The magic of youth is gone, and it will be very challenging for the boys to revisit the successes of their formative years; if they do, even better for us fans.
                          I have to say Now in Darkness, you are a reasonable, realistic man of sound mind.

I am one of those fans who think NSD is all that and more, but I have to be realistic and not think the new album will be the same as there old material when they were younger, but it still will be great, I just know it will.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post

Only bought it rarely since the 80s. It seems all "Nu Metal" these days ignoring the Classic bands (so I buy Classic Rock or Classic Prog instead!). But I might get this issue and see what they've got to say on the subject.
                            My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

• Just finished reading it, i can sum up a few points.

* Tony has been writing the material used here for "3 or 4 years."
                              * Interview with Brad Wilk. Says he is the luckiest guy in rock. Also he doesn't know if he will tour with the band but hopes so, as he wants to play on the tour supporting "This amazing record i played on."
                              * Geezer moans that Rick Rubin had him writing lyrics "every five fucking minutes" haha
                              * More about Rick being a vibe man. More about the guys aiming for a raw, early kind of sound.
                              * Wilk says he was given 3 tracks to improvise on at first, and the band praises his performance. "He just really got it " says Geezer.
                              *The band, Rick and the journalist listen to 3 tracks while Ozzy air drums.
                              * Nice pic of the guys, Rick and Mike Exeter.
                              * Tony saying he feels good but faces 2 more years of treatment. "I just have to get on with it"
                              *Geezer praises Tony for working even when looking "as white as a ghost at times"
                              *Pic of Ozzy writing out lyrics on a notepad. The page is titled 'Isolated man'. The lyrics read:

'I like being alone
                              I like to stay in my room all day and night
                              Don't like to talk on the phone
                              So please forgive me while i just turn out the light

Chorus: Don't wanna see nobody ever and ever again
                              Don't you feel sorry, i'm just a happy isolated man

I know me better than you
                              I hate to hear another persons speaking voice
                              What are you trying to do
                              Leave me alone i don't need anymore advice

Don't wanna see nobody ever and ever again'

And then another notepad covers up the rest.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                              Depends really. I haven't read anything else in the mag and i don't really intend to. Full of emo bollocks, but for 2 quid twenty or whatever it was, it certainly brightened up my lunch break. haha. I've just spoilered all the good stuff anyway.
                              Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                              The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

• Pretty cool stuff there...but my god those lyrics are pretty awful. I hope those are Ozzy's work and not Geezer's cause then his writing has come down a lot over the years!

Actually I'm truly hoping that won't make it to the album...naturally the music will mean a lot, but those lyrics....just awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X