New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Pretty cool stuff there...but my god those lyrics are pretty awful. I hope those are Ozzy's work and not Geezer's cause then his writing has come down a lot over the years!

Actually I'm truly hoping that won't make it to the album...naturally the music will mean a lot, but those lyrics....just awful.
    Yeah they ain't great, i can hear Ozzy moaning them over a slow riff though.

They reminded me a bit of Megalomania's lyrics. Let's hope that's some kind of omen as it's one of my favourites.
    Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
    The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Pretty cool stuff there...but my god those lyrics are pretty awful. I hope those are Ozzy's work and not Geezer's cause then his writing has come down a lot over the years!

Actually I'm truly hoping that won't make it to the album...naturally the music will mean a lot, but those lyrics....just awful.
      that's high praise from someone who thinks Dio was a great lyricist
      Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 03-07-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        If your still stupid? Yes!
        Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
        Only bought it rarely since the 80s. It seems all "Nu Metal" these days ignoring the Classic bands (so I buy Classic Rock or Classic Prog instead!).
        Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
        Depends really. I haven't read anything else in the mag and i don't really intend to. Full of emo bollocks, but for 2 quid twenty or whatever it was, it certainly brightened up my lunch break. haha. I've just spoilered all the good stuff anyway.
        I know it's full of poser-rock crap, i was just wondering because of the Sab-article, but now Jack have shared the info, so i guess i don't need to buy it. Thanx Jack
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• I like the lyrics... I think thy're very good actually... it's goods to see Ozz writing too... they sound very similar in vibe to "Solitude.." same theme actually... isolation, solitude... like it alot.
          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            I like the lyrics... I think thy're very good actually... it's goods to see Ozz writing too... they sound very similar in vibe to "Solitude.." same theme actually... isolation, solitude... like it alot.
            They are good yes
            Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 03-07-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• ---

There are some similarites to Solitude in the theme...but I just don't like the simplicity of the lyrics...

I never thought I'd be questioning the lyrics on this though, since usually Geezer is a hit not a miss...but one set of bad lyrics won't make a bad album.
              Last edited by Charger; 03-07-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Seriously you need to stop this shit. One more and I'll report you again.
                Sorry Charger

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  I have to say Now in Darkness, you are a reasonable, realistic man of sound mind.

I am one of those fans who think NSD is all that and more, but I have to be realistic and not think the new album will be the same as there old material when they were younger, but it still will be great, I just know it will.
                  Very kind words; thank-you. I try hard not to let my passion for Black Sabbath (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc) cloud my honesty and objectivity. As for NSD, I love that album too, but compared to some of the other music that is out there, by various groups including Sabbath, it was not their strongest effort by a long shot. I am rarely disappointed when I have modest expectations, and as a result, I will likely be pleasantly surprised by 13 when I hear it.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

---

There are some similarites to Solitude in the theme...but I just don't like the simplicity of the lyrics...

I never thought I'd be questioning the lyrics on this though, since usually Geezer is a hit not a miss...but one set of bad lyrics won't make a bad album.
                    Keep an open mind... the lyrics to Solitude when read from a piece of paper sound stupid... "guess I will go home, sit down an moan.." They're about as "simple" lyric wise, as you can get... but they work in the content of the song...This could be the guy from Solitude, he's made peace with himself and his lost love... he's decided to be "happy" ... alone...

"Don't wanna see nobody ever and ever again
                    Don't you feel sorry, i'm just a happy isolated man"

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Any music rock mag that has Sabbath on the cover is worth buying, or at least reading at the book stand if it's not wrapped...
                    Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM.
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

• Jeez when everyone is going to stop being way too prejudicial on something they haven't heard or even read the final lyrics of yet ? Ozzy sketching or writing lyrics on a notepad could simply be a way of putting ideas down before refining them and making them more poetic and complete later one by Geezer or by himself! I take NOTHING for granted till I read and hear the music myself on the new record.

Comment

• Right well I'm definitely on the hunt for this Kerrang magazine. Pretty sure it costs about $15-$20- here in New Zealand though. Anything to help with the wait for the album is fine by me.

Comment

• Plus, if the songs are already done, why would Ozzy be writing lyrics? Maybe he's working on the next Sabbath album?
                          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• How will you be listening to the new album the first time? On headphones? Big stereo or in the car? When reunion came out i bought a nice new pair of headphones and sat in the dark to give the cd my undivided attention to it. For this one i plan on getting it on vinyl and again in a dark room with new headphones, probably grados or akg.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                              How will you be listening to the new album the first time? On headphones? Big stereo or in the car? When reunion came out i bought a nice new pair of headphones and sat in the dark to give the cd my undivided attention to it. For this one i plan on getting it on vinyl and again in a dark room with new headphones, probably grados or akg.
                              Good question. As mentioned before, I am a huge vinyl collector, so, the plan was to have a small group of vinyl collector / Sabbath fans over to the house, but Mrs Now in Darkness and I have now decided the following:

If available on vinyl on day 1, we will buy that, but chances are that the original release will be CD and download only, with vinyl released later. So, we will grab the CD or LP, have dinner out, head back to my music room and share a bottle of wine. My collection of vintage lava lamps will be ignited, and we will enjoy every note in the dark, with lava lamp lighting for ambience. It'll be a lot of fun for us old farts, and reminiscent of what I did as a kid when I bought a new classic album, whether Black Sabbath or otherwise. Oh yeah, part two will be sleeping in late the next morning!
                              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 03-07-2013, 10:49 PM.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• I would say the Isolated Man is more likely an homage to John Lennon than anything. He has an amazing song called Isolation that I can see Ozzy totally inspired by. It wouldn't surprise me seeing Ozzy feeling a vibe from Lennon.
                                Religion won't save me
                                The damage is done
                                The future has ended
                                Before it's begun
                                - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Working...
                                X