New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
    Plus, if the songs are already done, why would Ozzy be writing lyrics? Maybe he's working on the next Sabbath album?
    Well the article might have been done a long time ago, when they were still working on the album. Atleast pictures from those times could have been used.

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
      Plus, if the songs are already done, why would Ozzy be writing lyrics? Maybe he's working on the next Sabbath album?
      I was thinking that maybe Ozzy has a go at writing lyrics (lyrics and/or title) and then shares them with Geezer to tweak, add onto if not rewrite in his own way: to give Geezer some ideas to bounce off of. Either way, I think it's great that Ozzy is so visibly into contributing to this album. The earliest albums seem to be fed on a hunger to succeed: to get out of Birmingham and make something self-made out of themselves. Now, with Tony in treatment for lymphoma, the duress of the Bill situation as well as being reminded of mortality on account of Ronnie's passing and Tony's illness, a different kind of hunger comes out: to succeed and make the most of the time you have. Ozzy may very well be right in that this might be one of his most important albums he's ever made. Going home again: sober, wiser but still hip - on it, as it were. Making a (hopefully) awesome new record with the band that got them all there in the first place. This album is so not going to suck in any way: that I believe! I would have been a lot more worried if the band worked with anyone else other than Rick Rubin, but Rick totally gets and digs Black Sabbath. He'll do them justice. Sabbath has always somehow been about fighting against and rising above at the same time. Can you imagine what kind of stellar riffage Tony has amassed over the course of three or four years? Sheet lol. Channeling the anger, ambivalence and emotion into new Sabbath music: that's what I'm talkin' about! Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
        Very kind words; thank-you. I try hard not to let my passion for Black Sabbath (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc) cloud my honesty and objectivity. As for NSD, I love that album too, but compared to some of the other music that is out there, by various groups including Sabbath, it was not their strongest effort by a long shot. I am rarely disappointed when I have modest expectations, and as a result, I will likely be pleasantly surprised by 13 when I hear it.
        I call it the way I see it Now in Darkness, your posts are very well written and I enjoy reading them.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
          Well the article might have been done a long time ago, when they were still working on the album. Atleast pictures from those times could have been used.
          Good point.
          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Just re-read the article, another thing i thought i ought to add, Tony says he has never seen Ozzy so enthusiastic about anything, he also said the guys (minus bill obviously) are all getting on so well while making the record, that "Who knows, we might do it again."
            Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
            The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post

Good question. As mentioned before, I am a huge vinyl collector, so, the plan was to have a small group of vinyl collector / Sabbath fans over to the house, but Mrs Now in Darkness and I have now decided the following:

If available on vinyl on day 1, we will buy that, but chances are that the original release will be CD and download only, with vinyl released later. So, we will grab the CD or LP, have dinner out, head back to my music room and share a bottle of wine. My collection of vintage lava lamps will be ignited, and we will enjoy every note in the dark, with lava lamp lighting for ambience. It'll be a lot of fun for us old farts, and reminiscent of what I did as a kid when I bought a new classic album, whether Black Sabbath or otherwise. Oh yeah, part two will be sleeping in late the next morning!
              Lava lamps! Nice touch. I have one of those kicking around. I might have to dust it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
                "Who knows, we might do it again."
                This i like to hear
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  This i like to hear
                  Hopefully with Mr. Bill Ward this time.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    Hopefully with Mr. Bill Ward this time.
                    That ship sailed and sunk and was eaten by a sea serpent already.

But it is very good to hear that they're getting along really well...good relationship usually means good music.

Comment

That ship sailed and sunk and was eaten by a sea serpent already.

But it is very good to hear that they're getting along really well...good relationship usually means good music.
                      Doesn't mean Bill Ward won't be aboard the next ship that sails in to dock for the next album.
                      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 03-09-2013, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Doesn't mean Bill Ward won't be aboard the next ship that sails in to dock for the next album.
                        This would be a good place to put the good old "I'll eat _________ and ________ if that would ever happen" line.

Comment

This would be a good place to put the good old "I'll eat _________ and ________ if that would ever happen" line.
                          We could only hope Charger, but maybe that's hoping for too much.

No sense in getting ahead of ourselves, the new album isn't even out yet and we are already talking about the next one, so right now my attention is on the upcoming album with Brad Wilk behind the drum kit.

Comment

No sense in getting ahead of ourselves, the new album isn't even out yet and we are already talking about the next one, so right now my attention is on the upcoming album with Brad Wilk behind the drum kit.
                            Actually, at the moment i'm more worried about how this will affect Ozzy's next solo-album... Will making this album have a bad influence on his own style? Will he use too much energy with it? Use up all his lyric and melody-ideas? Will the fact that he's working with Sabbath again ruin his credibility as a solo-artist!?!?!?!?!
                            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                              Actually, at the moment i'm more worried about how this will affect Ozzy's next solo-album... Will making this album have a bad influence on his own style? Will he use too much energy with it? Use up all his lyric and melody-ideas? Will the fact that he's working with Sabbath again ruin his credibility as a solo-artist!?!?!?!?!
                              To be honest with you Billy Underdog, I hope Ozzy sticks with Sabbath and never releases another solo album again. I'm a diehard Ozzy fan, I have all of his solo records, and I have to say his last effort, SCREAM, really sucked. His last good album was No More Tears, his other releases lack something, Scream I think in my opinion was Sharon's idea to get money from the fans.

Let's just hope the boys stick together and give us more Sabbath albums in the time to come.

Comment

• "This was a million times better than the last album" - Geezer Butler

Comment

Working...
                                X