New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    I did too, and was very bummed. The next one's in September, which ofcourse would be way too long to wait.
    But it would be just as cool if they released it on February 13th still, regardless if it's a wednesday. Exactly 34 years after the "beginning".
    (This was all just general pointless musings, i know the album won't be out until June, and i'm able to wait. It'll be like christmas in the summer )
    September 13th would be my birthday, so I'm all in for postponing the release date
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Friends, whatever your view on the 'Bill Ward thing', it's quite wrong to call the three of them 'the original Black Sabbath' in the press release. That's factually incorrect, as the credits on the first eight albums witness, and massively disrespectful to Bill.
      Devon, UK
      supermarket worker
      semi-retired lawyer
      bass and guitar player
      record collector

Comment

They should call it 3/4.

Comment

^^^
          Or maybe "One Down, Three To Go"
          Or maybe just 13...
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by 57goldtop View Post
            Friends, whatever your view on the 'Bill Ward thing', it's quite wrong to call the three of them 'the original Black Sabbath' in the press release. That's factually incorrect, as the credits on the first eight albums witness, and massively disrespectful to Bill.
            You do have a point there. Why not just call it Black Sabbath, why put the "original" there...it's useless and indeed it just is 3/4 of "original" anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
              ^^^
              Or maybe "One Down, Three To Go"
              Or maybe just 13...
              "One Down, Three To Go" is a great title.
              "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
              -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
              - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
              http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

which poster was it who guessed it was Brad Wilk just from the kit on Sabbath's facebook page? Sorry, i forget your name but well done.
                Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
                  which poster was it who guessed it was Brad Wilk just from the kit on Sabbath's facebook page? Sorry, i forget your name but well done.
                  As I can remember it's IRONMAN?
                  Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                  Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                  In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                  The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksabbath View Post
                    Wow that is impressive. Way to go whoever posted that

Comment

^^It was the same poster who, based on the kit itself, said it was Kenny Arnoff at first, here's the link

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...nterview/page2

I'm such a party pooper

Comment

Megadeth just titled thier last cd Thirteen. I am ready for this cd!!! I have waited years! I need this now. It must be complete or they would not have advertised it. I hope to get a good version of Scary Dreams!
                        Last edited by WhiteSabbath; 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM.
                        www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

I think it's awesome that Brad Wilk is doing the drumming honors on '13'. Apparently he was suggested by Rick Rubin. Brad Wilk can play like a mofo, and if he can latch in to that sort of jazzy, time-signature-switcheroo thing that is patentedly Sabbath, then we're all in for something really special. Plus, out of one's peripheral vision reading the credits you can almost pretend that it says Bill Ward instead of Brad Wilk! Either way, an inspired choice for the drummer's throne.

I somehow vibe that this Sabbath album is gonna frickin' rule! Rick Rubin did a great job co-producing ZZ Top's new album 'La Futura' (with Billy Gibbons), and it's one of their coolest albums in eons.

I don't mind the album title '13'. If *anyone* can get away with naming an album '13', it's Black Sabbath. What I'm looking forward to is hearing how Tony channeled his illness-related duress into some killer riffs, Geezer penning some lyrics as well as Ozzy's vocals. Rick Rubin got a great vocal out of Ozzy back in 1997 when Ozzy did a cover of Status Quo's "Pictures Of Matchstick Men" with Type O Negative for Howard Stern's 'Private Parts' soundtrack. One of Ozzy's finest vocals, actually.

True, it's sad, crappy and whatnot that Bill isn't involved, but I still am super-psyched to hear this new album. No matter what, it's a full-length, original album with Ozzy on vocals in thirty-five years. God, I can't wait for this album to come out and blow people's minds. Then, all of the blowhards, doubting Thomas' and other assorted dickheads will bow to the inevitable truth: Sabbath STILL Rules! No one (but no one) can fuck with Black Sabbath. They invented the mold and somehow broke it at the same time. Respect!

Cheers, One and All.
                          Last edited by hand of 'schrooms; 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

^^Nice Post. Awesome user name!

Comment

Thanks, man! I was like, WTF do I name myself? Hand Of 'Schrooms! . Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                                As I can remember it's IRONMAN?
                                Yes I did guess that (with some guidance I believe !) , when I saw I post by Joe Siegler that a source told him it's neither Bill or Tommy and that Rick Rubin suggested he jut wasn't the right guy for the album I was REALLY excited , with some logic thinking it was quite obvious the band will likely hire a drummer based on the following :

1/ A drummer the band worked with before.
                                2/ A drummer worked with one of the band members before.
                                3/ A drummer suggest by Rick Rubin whom he worked with before.

Basically I started checking possible names and then compare their drum kits with the one posted on Sabbath's FB page ( picture taken inside the recording studio ) , many drummers were dropped from the list due to their other touring/working commitments as well , Kenny's kit is very close and he is one of Tony's favorites (hand picked by Tony for Fused and got a lot of praise on his book as well) , the problem with Kenny though is that he had a lot of busy dates at the time the band was working on the album , so I had my doubts but knowing how brilliant Kenny as a session drummer , I assumed he might be working on the demos away and then fly over to the studio and record the stuff live on the spot !

Later on I got a word it's not Kenny as well , so basically I checked Rick Rubin's humongous list of rock/metal bands he worked with and started doing the same analysis , Chad Smith was a close call as well as his kit is very close to the one posted + his drumming could definitely fit and benefit the sound of the band ! but when I checked Brad Wilk , his drum kit , his biography and style , I knew it was him !

Th guy is really good and I personally don't have any concerns regarding his contributions to the new album ! he could actually be one of the major pleasant surprises on the album along with Ozzy's vocals & melodies ! what about Geezer , Tony and the quality of songs ? THEY WILL BE ASS KICKING ! I'm more than positive that Tony (in particular) came up with some of his greatest riffs EVER on the new stuff.Rick's mixing will be crucial as well , but again I'm quite positive this will probably end up as one of his very best produced album through his long spanning career !

Can't wait for June ! hope we will have a single released sometime soon !

Comment

Working...
                                X